Gateway 3DS: PUBLIC RELEASE OF Gateway 3DS V1.1a

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Nintendo stomps this card hard. Pokemon absolutely will require a system update and since the release is simultaneous worldwide there will be a lot of tearful GW owners.

The new monster hunter will likely require an update too...

It doesn't take much for nintendo to counter measures taken by pirates now that they can update the FW. Patching pokemon to keep out pirates and cheaters would be so great.

I appreciate and understand what GW are doing on a technical level but with the way things are going inthe game industry if this kind of horseshit continues we may not see many more future generations.

Homebrew, back ups, region free... gimme a break.

Want homebrew? - try linux.
Back ups? Just as long as you actually own the game, right?
Region free? Just buy that region's model?

But why would you care, gateway has not even got their card to work with online yet anyway, and I don't see why they can't make the servers place cheaters in their own server and everyone else in another one.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Nintendo stomps this card hard. Pokemon absolutely will require a system update and since the release is simultaneous worldwide there will be a lot of tearful GW owners.

It doesn't take much for nintendo to counter measures taken by pirates now that they can update the FW. Patching pokemon to keep out pirates and cheaters would be so great.

I appreciate and understand what GW are doing on a technical level but with the way things are going inthe game industry if this kind of horseshit continues we may not see many more future generations.

Hasn't "this kind of horseshit" happened, iuno, every generation? Gateway's not going to make Gamefreak stop developing Pokemon, and Gateway's not going to make every game developer stop making games.

Online Pokemon battles is going to be ruined by Pokesav, Pokegen, or whatever those programs are called. Don't blame Gateway.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Hasn't "this kind of horseshit" happened, iuno, every generation? Gateway's not going to make Gamefreak stop developing Pokemon, and Gateway's not going to make every game developer stop making games.

Online Pokemon battles is going to be ruined by Pokesav, Pokegen, or whatever those programs are called. Don't blame Gateway.

Which, to get on X/Y you don't even need to hack the game.

The Pokemon transfer tool will transfer them fine if you gen them correctly. Hell in the past you haven't even needed to do it correctly. IIRC 255 EVs on everything and 31 IVs can be transferred to Black/White 2 just fine.

Spectro87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How long have you been around the modding scene? A couple of days, maybe? What happened to the gaming industry when the last gen systems were modded? Did it die? No? How about this gen? Didn't die after the 360, PS3, Wii, DS being modifiable either. The industry has been going strong and it's not going to stop. It didn't stop with NES mods. It's not going to die from 3DS mods. You're being over-dramatic. You're also conviently overlooking the fact that piracy may even boost sales.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country

I can't say I share your feelings, but your ideas are correct. Few people on the temp are willing to acknowledge that Gateway is a complete dead end. To use it, you're gonna have to stay on an age-old firmware, and they fully admit that their region spoofing is unlikely to continue working past the current update. If you follow this to its logical conclusion, you'll realize that anyone who intends to use Gateway 3DS will, at one point, find themselves completely unable to play any future releases, either pirated or legitimate, and will never be able to access the eShop.

That's a pretty awful flaw, and it's why I never bothered keeping my 3DS on 4.1.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what nintendo could do, to prevent people from playing pokemon on the gateway, is to put a serial in the game for each box.
or, look for corrupted ds profile settings? and fix them/not boot? with the 3ds they can give updates/patches, for example animal crossing has an update that prevents item duplication, and you can't go on without it, i am sure there is something nintendo could do. (i'm talking about the jp animal crossing, but i just saw there is a dupe method for other regions now :( that's a shame)
like other people said, they could add syscalls (like what psp does) and the functions are only present in the new firmwares

D

Deleted User

To use it, you're gonna have to stay on an age-old firmware, and they fully admit that their region spoofing is unlikely to continue working past the current update.

They never said that... actually they say the complete opposite: 'We are committed to 100% game compatibility'

And I don't see why you're so negative.. they just need to simulate the nand from SD and presto you're on latest fw.. you're bullshit stories are what you tell yourself to justify updating :lol:

Reactions: Margen67

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can't say I share your feelings, but your ideas are correct. Few people on the temp are willing to acknowledge that Gateway is a complete dead end. To use it, you're gonna have to stay on an age-old firmware, and they fully admit that their region spoofing is unlikely to continue working past the current update. If you follow this to its logical conclusion, you'll realize that anyone who intends to use Gateway 3DS will, at one point, find themselves completely unable to play any future releases, either pirated or legitimate, and will never be able to access the eShop.

That's a pretty awful flaw, and it's why I never bothered keeping my 3DS on 4.1.

They said this about another current generation console for a long while, but it endured and even though its an age old firmware needed to get in the Gate, once in everything is open and possible, and a lot of this happened while still being stuck on an old version.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
They never said that... actually they say the complete opposite: 'We are committed to 100% game compatibility'

And I don't see why you're so negative.. they just need to simulate the nand from SD and presto you're on latest fw.. you're bullshit stories are what you tell yourself to justify updating :lol:

JsTGwfy.png

I take it you, you know, actually ordered one. My deepest condolences to your $80, I'm sorry you'll never play Zelda.

They said this about another current generation console for a long while, but it endured and even though its an age old firmware needed to get in the Gate, once in everything is open and possible, and a lot of this happened while still being stuck on an old version.

All consoles are exactly the same, thank you for clarifying.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That message above means the Card will likely never work on a 3DS above 6.2, not play anything above 6.2, like has been stated multiple times, the entry point they use is still there upto 6.2, meaning they hope to hell they find something to make card work on 5-6.2 devices, but probably not any higher... Compatible = The Card, not games..... and they have kernel access so if you know what you are doing on any console with that level of access, things will happen ......

Reactions: Margen67 and f0rCe
D

Deleted User

JsTGwfy.png

I take it you, you know, actually ordered one. My deepest condolences to your $80, I'm sorry you'll never play Zelda.

All consoles are exactly the same, thank you for clarifying.

Lol mate, that is the entry exploit. Aslong as you're on 4.5 then you're good. This does not mean they can't play games from FW 6.2 or higher from FW 4.5.

I'm telling you something like NAND emulation from 3DS SD (like it did for Wii) will allow yur 3DS to be on latest FW, while GW keeps their hack intact. This is a foolproof way of allowing running latest FW.

Gateway team has earned my respect already as they are the ONLY ones in town that has shown a shred of evidence that they know what they are doing. I think in time we will see online working too, and even support for FW 9.9 and up.

The same thing happened with PS3, just so you know.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: joshuatm

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have an opinion, that's all well and good, but there's no real need to be negative about the Gateway. If you think this will kill the 3DS, look at the Wii, PS3, DS, PSP and so on, then come back and tell these fine people how it will ;)

I can make up unsubstantiated bullshit stories too! T'would be prudent of you to do research before making such claims.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debbie Downer strikes again.

Don't like it? Don't post here.
Don't like region-free? Get a 3DS for each reason
Back-ups? Buy another copy when the one you have now stops working/gets stolen.

Gimme a f***ing break.
People are allowed to have dissenting opinions (although I'd prefer it if they didn't have the bad attitude like this guy and countless others).

And just as an FYI, in the US, it is only legal to play "backups" if you physically own it. If you lose it or sell it, you have 24 hours until it becomes illegal. IIRC

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are allowed to have dissenting opinions (although I'd prefer it if they didn't have the bad attitude like this guy and countless others).

And just as an FYI, in the US, it is only legal to play "backups" if you physically own it. If you lose it or sell it, you have 24 hours until it becomes illegal. IIRC

I just can't stand the overly negative attitudes is all. :glare: The whole mentality or assumption that the Gateway is going to kill the 3DS is laughable at best. As for backups, it's a very grey area in the US, and not very clear at all. I personally couldn't care less either way, I'd still make them regardless :creep:

bsteward1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it interesting that trolls come here to bash the cart in the first place. obviously one clicked on a link for a 3ds flashcart for a reason? me thinks hypocrites are in are among us.
"this isn't fair I just bought all these games and now people get to pirate them and I don't.... boo hoo.... "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, like Coke businesses, so I...