Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Whilst it isn't much, this is what they said about Emu NAND on 9.X

Screen_Shot_2014_12_01_at_17_55_02.png
Dont worry they say this about everything related to GWs features. If they didnt care to comment it doesnt mean that there will not be any emunand support. Since its clearly a kernel exploit Id say its 90% sure that they will implement the emunand feature sooner or later.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dont worry they say this about everything related to GWs features. If they didnt care to comment it doesnt mean that there will not be any emunand support. Since its clearly a kernel exploit Id say its 90% sure that they will implement the emunand feature sooner or later.
Precisely. And not only that, we may even get NDS support since they are not using the DS Profile exploit.
FYI: Reason they weren't able to run NDS games is because, if you installed the gateway exploit using the blue card and then proceeded boot into DS mode again (When you load a flashcart E.G. DSTwo, or a DS game, the system boots into DS Mode) after running the exploit, the exploit would be removed and you would have to reinstall it.
But we didn't know about gateway back then. :/
Let's look at another game.
Yoshi's new Island
  • Released March 14, 2014
  • The game ships with 7.1.0 in Europe
  • 7.1.0 was released in at least December 19, 2013
The game was released after Gateway was released. So they were aware of the live threat.

Sources:
Nintendo did not take the chance to always release the latest firmware.
Why shouldn't that habit carry over to 9.0.0?
(If Nintendo was smart, they would remove updates alltogether from cartridges.)

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still waiting for the new 3ds to be released or even announced for North American Release.. Any word on that yet?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm still waiting for the new 3ds to be released or even announced for North American Release.. Any word on that yet?
None that I'm aware of.
Maybe they will surprise the US audience with a Christmas release.
But, thinking logically, they'll most likely release it mid 2015 with a new firmware. So if you want an N3DS, import one.

Reactions: Margen67

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure it has nothing to do with Mii maker. It looks like she just hit the R trigger with her finger when she puts it down.

EDIT: I just tried this and it and R trigger doesn't move the menu to the right. I uess I'm just remembering things wrong.

You're right though. On the New 3DS pressing ZR moves you to the right 3 spots. So doing it from the cartridge slot it moves you to the Mii Maker.

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question about the Gateway, is the Gateway updateable from the PC? I have a 9.x 3DS right now, and I want to buy the gateway for homebrew purposes.. Can I buy it now, and update it when the 9.x patch gets released or do I need a completely different gateway cartridge?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Margen67

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Question about the Gateway, is the Gateway updateable from the PC? I have a 9.x 3DS right now, and I want to buy the gateway for homebrew purposes.. Can I buy it now, and update it when the 9.x patch gets released or do I need a completely different gateway cartridge?
Yes you can use the same gateway card. There is no need for a 4.5 3DS or any special hardware.
Are you guys saying that the soon to be release Zelda will only be exclusive to the new 3ds?
From what I've heard, the cartridge will be a hybrid.
Slot the game in a normal 3DS, and you get normal game.
Slot it in N3DS, and you get better boot time, better graphics etc.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can use the same gateway card. There is no need for a 4.5 3DS or any special hardware.

From what I've heard, the cartridge will be a hybrid.
Slot the game in a normal 3DS, and you get normal game.
Slot it in N3DS, and you get better boot time, better graphics etc.

I kinda thought because of the new control setup the new Zelda game was meant for it, and because the old 3ds xl doesn't have that addtional controls the game might not function as it was meant to. But oh well I'll soon find out.

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play online with a Jap/AUS PAL n3ds xl/ll system in the USA? I probably haven't looked hard enough as the answer is already probably posted somewhere, so sorry if this is a repeated question. Just want to see which would be better to import.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can I play online with a Jap/AUS PAL n3ds xl/ll system in the USA? I probably haven't looked hard enough as the answer is already probably posted somewhere, so sorry if this is a repeated question. Just want to see which would be better to import.
Gateway has region free capabilities so it should not matter what region you import from your N3DS.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Not until the shelves are empty of old 3ds. My local stores appear to have hundreds of 3dss. They'd have to mark them down if they had a new version on the shelf, god knows they won't do that.

Gateway has region free capabilities so it should not matter what region you import from your N3DS.
True, but if you want play legit games on sysnand you're region locked. As a NA consumer, I'd prefer a NA n3ds.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not until the shelves are empty of old 3ds. My local stores appear to have hundreds of 3dss. They'd have to mark them down if they had a new version on the shelf, god knows they won't do that.

True, but if you want play legit games on sysnand you're region locked. As a NA consumer, I'd prefer a NA n3ds.
Use classic mode then.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Phew, this thread's been gaining a lot of steam. Curiously, with the video now out, a lot of the answers aren't speculation but.. Taxes? Imports? Resellers for both Gateways and N3DS's ? Lol.

Oh well. Glad to see this is so lively. I have no idea how to speculate further as I now just patiently await. Hope they don't take too long!

By the way, I asked them about the blue card, if they'd update it to play DS Roms somehow and.. They haven't answered me back .. Hmm ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty make people have their own character
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and be able to fight other players
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use...