Hacking Gateway online question

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
If I went out and bought a damn game as you put it so blunt, don't you think that defeats the object of having a Gateway card in the first place!

What's your "object" of having a Gateway card?

Play region free retail games? Check.
Have multiple games in 1 cartridge? Check.
Support all games? Check.

If you want the damn online, go buy the damn game and support the developers. I hope Gateway never patch online, think of it as buying for online services.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's your "object" of having a Gateway card?

Play region free retail games? Check.
Have multiple games in 1 cartridge? Check.
Support all games? Check.

If you want the damn online, go buy the damn game and support the developers. I hope Gateway never patch online, think of it as buying for online services.

Well seeing what Gateway has done so far, I don't really mind if they go all the way ;).

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No offense, but you have no right to tell someone what to do. Do you not find your post ironic in a Gateway thread? Not everyone is in a position to shell out money to buy something, which is a reason why many people own a 3DS flashcart. Seeing as how Gateway allows us to play ROMs without the requirement of paying for them, you can't really blame flashcart users for wanting online functionality since it's the exact same concept (having the ability to do something on your 3DS that would normally require you to pay for it). I'm under the assumption, based on your post, that you support developers by buying games. Good for you! As for me, I prefer free over paying money any day. I hope Gateway does enable online. Then maybe it'll give people like you less ammunition to try to scold and disparage people for making what I feel is a reasonable request.

Reactions: reece71079

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason is obvious... they purposely disabled online play.

I agree that they purposely disabled it, however do you think it was disabled via the Launcher.dat or it has been disabled via the FPGA emulation of the games? I'd guess they disabled it via the Launcher.dat, and I suspect it is something they will consider adding support too if they are able to prove 100% it is not detectable. I think providing online support is a very risky feature from their position.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This is why I don't want GW make Pokemon and AC playable yet.
Without online function, what is the point of playing those two?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is why I don't want GW make Pokemon and AC playable yet.
Without online function, what is the point of playing those two?
To become a Pokemon master.....and er, to pick acorns up randomly :huh:

Plus I suppose you can use it to dupe Pokemon locally......I think it could be used to dupe the Pokemon removed from power saves then share the save and bingo everyone gets the hidden Pokemon

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God gateway gives you multirom and 110% comparability and a day later everyone is already like "waaaaahhh gateway I can't play online fix ittt " be patient maybe it will happen maybe it won't at least they give u the ability to still play online with retail!

It's not some individual identifier, since user made dumps are not working either.
It might just be that Gateway can't physically convey the identifier for some reason or another.

Last edited by daicon,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
No offense, but you have no right to tell someone what to do. Do you not find your post ironic in a Gateway thread? Not everyone is in a position to shell out money to buy something, which is a reason why many people own a 3DS flashcart. Seeing as how Gateway allows us to play ROMs without the requirement of paying for them, you can't really blame flashcart users for wanting online functionality since it's the exact same concept (having the ability to do something on your 3DS that would normally require you to pay for it). I'm under the assumption, based on your post, that you support developers by buying games. Good for you! As for me, I prefer free over paying money any day. I hope Gateway does enable online. Then maybe it'll give people like you less ammunition to try to scold and disparage people for making what I feel is a reasonable request.

When you say no offence in most cases your saying I'm about to say something offensive so don't get angry at me if it in some way is connected to you. Context: "You've got huge bitch tits, Patrick... no offense."

I'm not telling him what to do, I'm suggesting that if he really desperately wants online now he can purchase the game. People don't buy Gateway just to play ROMS, see my previous reply for other reasons.

Everybody wants free stuff, who doesn't?
I'm just stating my point of view and you're stating yours. No issues at all.

Reactions: IronClouds

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say no offence in most cases your saying I'm about to say something offensive so don't get angry at me if it in some way is connected to you. Context: "You've got huge bitch tits, Patrick... no offense."

I'm not telling him what to do, I'm suggesting that if he really desperately wants online now he can purchase the game. People don't buy Gateway just to play ROMS, see my previous reply for other reasons.

Everybody wants free stuff, who doesn't?
I'm just stating my point of view and you're stating yours. No issues at all.

Ergh, why else would you buy a Gateway Card for??? to wipe your arse with! What a silly comment to make!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That would be something, or I could see them doing abracadabra together as a finale