Hacking Gateway with Arm9Loaderhax

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance your sysNAND is upated beyond 9.2? That might be the case...

EDIT: From your posts it seems you have 11.0 on sysNAND and 10.7 on emuNAND
GW's a9lh.bin payload will work up to 11.0.0-33 SysNAND. The problem seems to be that he didn't properly format his SD Card to remove his EmuNAND, as such GW still sees it. Black screen after seeing the dragon logo, is usually a symptom of this, from the people I've helped fixed this issue with in the past.

It work with 11.0.0-33U if i do that? haha
All you are going to do is format your SD Card properly, so yes, it'll work. If you setup your A9LH setup the way Plailect's guide recommend you do. Then just hold Y at boot time, and it'll open EmuNAND9. From here we'll want to.

1. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
2. Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer, all files will be deleted in the next step.
3. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS.
4. Go to "SD Format Options", then "Format SD..."
5. Select the "Format SD (No EmuNAND)" option
6. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
7. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
GW's a9lh.bin payload will work up to 11.0.0-33 SysNAND. The problem seems to be that he didn't properly format his SD Card to remove his EmuNAND, as such GW still sees it. Black screen after seeing the dragon logo, is usually a symptom of this, from the people I've helped fixed this issue with in the past.

All you are going to do is format your SD Card properly, so yes, it'll work. If you setup your A9LH setup the way Plailect's guide recommend you do. Then just hold Y at boot time, and it'll open EmuNAND9. From here we'll want to.

1. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
2. Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer, all files will be deleted in the next step.
3. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS.
4. Go to "SD Format Options", then "Format SD..."
5. Select the "Format SD (No EmuNAND)" option
6. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
7. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it
You could be right. But instead I think it has 10.7 RedNAND instead of GW emuNAND (one of the previous post says it booted into 10.7.0-32). So yeah better first backup the current emuNAND using EmuNAND9 and follow as you said. Create GW emuNAND using EmuNAND9 and the try restoring the backed up emuNAND as GW emuNAND. GW nags when booted into sysNAND (using their latest beta Launcher.dat) so better have emuNAND in place.

Last edited by Just3DS,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
GW nags when booted into sysNAND (using their latest beta Launcher.dat)
This can be solved by using the launcher.dat from 3.7.1. There's no need to have an emuNAND in this day and age (unless you want to have several different regions on your console and don't mind the awkwardness it creates).

Baallrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a question regarding the use of GW and a sysNand updated.
Is there a risk of messing something by using GW on a sysNand updated ?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question regarding the use of GW and a sysNand updated.
Is there a risk of messing something by using GW on a sysNand updated ?
Just make sure to never update your SysNAND in Gateway Mode. It does not matter if you use the 3.7.1 or the 4.0b Launcher.dat, you will either brick or lose A9LH+CFW and be on the latest stock firmware. This is because GW Mode does not offer FIRM protection in A9LH.

I don't think anything else matters tbh tho.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no need to have an emuNAND in this day and age (unless you want to have several different regions on your console and don't mind the awkwardness it creates).

What awkwardness are you referring to? I've got an A9LH/Luma n3DS and use 11.0.0-33U SysNAND and 11.0.0-33E RedNAND. There are still some titles that have been released in Europe but not in the US, so that is why I created a region-changed RedNAND using a public "SecureInfo_A" and have no issues whatsoever. While I don't have access to the European eShop (you'd need to follow yifan_lu's instructions for that), it is not necessary.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What awkwardness are you referring to? I've got an A9LH/Luma n3DS and use 11.0.0-33U SysNAND and 11.0.0-33E RedNAND. There are still some titles that have been released in Europe but not in the US, so that is why I created a region-changed RedNAND using a public "SecureInfo_A" and have no issues whatsoever. While I don't have access to the European eShop (you'd need to follow yifan_lu's instructions for that), it is not necessary.
Except any titles that require a certain region, can be emulated via Luma3DS' region//language emulation. So the game will boot. Games like I believe Girls Mode and Animal Crossing New Leaf, require this, or they get stuck at a black screen. Enabling region//language emulation in the Luma3DS section, and creating the proper file with the correct region and language, allows the game to run and boot fine.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have downgraded my 3ds to 9.2 and cant remember what it was i used many years ago to boot gateway by pressing a button on powerup and it loaded to HBL and then selected gateway.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have downgraded my 3ds to 9.2 and cant remember what it was i used many years ago to boot gateway by pressing a button on powerup and it loaded to HBL and then selected gateway.
You’re looking for menuhax. I don’t even know if that method works anymore. Good luck if you decide to go that route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo