GBAChef: What do you call being unable to cook?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They were actually in the water... boiling. So I am not sure how did that happen, but it happened. xD

Sulphuric acid isn't water you silly sod!

I honestly have never heard of it burning.
Guess I'm a better cook then I expected ;'D

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Sulphuric acid isn't water you silly sod!

I honestly have never heard of it burning.
Guess I'm a better cook then I expected ;'D
I wish that it was Sulphuric Acid. That'd explain it xD but it was water after all. Perhaps I left them boiling for far too long, but it wasn't more than an hour, so... I don't know. xD

Reactions: DinohScene

Brigand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do think that people who say they can't cook are far too concerned about complex recipes and making gourmet creations. It doesn't have to be that hard at all. When I was still living with my parents I was never too keen to cook because I was afraid I would stuff up, so I kinda always resorted to "I can't cook" to 'save people from finding that out themselves', I suppose. To an extent though, it can be laziness. I've shown friends how to make easy dinners, and I still see them resort to 2-minute noodles because they say they "can't cook".

Last edited by Brigand,

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On poor people in the US I find the option in poor areas to buy fresh ingredients is usually quite low. This then leads to processed crap, and worse still as that is slightly more expensive at times (in the UK buying processed crap is a way to go broke in a hurry, not so much in the US) you get the push to have even more cheap and filling stuff which just makes a vicious cycle. It is also not like you feel bad all at once either and it is slow enough a decline that people don't realise -- related to that I know a few people handling diet management and allergies for people and they are always getting people back (typically intelligent people with a concern for their wellbeing and the desire to do something about it) saying I did not realise how bad I actually felt/what feeling good actually is.

ok yea that sounded bad. nah, I got a shaky hand and terrible hand-eye coordination. Also, I'm 17.
As was mentioned there are a lot of alternative devices, in my case I tend to find they make for more cleaning up but if it is necessary for you then that is a different matter. Even without that though there is a lot you can do with a butter knife and most knife usage is anything but hand-eye coordination but a technique -- don't do it if you are that bad but the fast chopping you see chefs do on TV is a skill but does not take any special skills as it is mostly just riding the flat of the blade against their knuckles which makes it safe as both hands are not in the way of the cutting surface and then withdrawing along the thing being chopped.

As for ovens they are probably the least dangerous dangerous thing in the kitchen, and even when they do bite it is mostly just a small stripe on your arm if you touch the rack.

Do you guys cook and make a mess without worry or do you make sure you keep the whole place clean while cooking? I make a mess and then clean it up. Every time I try to keep it tidy and clean while cooking I always mess some of the food up.
Depends what I am doing.
For most meals then prep, cook, eat and then clean up (or clean up the morning after/at the weekend). If it is something particularly involved then necessity and desire for space usually means something gets done, though anything involved probably has enough downtime that I can afford to do such things.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To answer the title: I call you a noob. Cooking is literally the second easiest thing in the world to do. There's a reason why it has existed for thousands of years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He is also, but acts like 10 +1