TheToaster

Kishore
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I asked this question to a couple of people over on the NDS forum, but I felt it was more apt to create a new thread here. Has anyone experienced any problems with saving in-game to the SD card in GBARunner2 through Twilight Menu++ on a 3DS with CFW? The reason I ask is that on the Twilight Menu++ thread, there is a disclaimer that says: "It is recommended that you backup your SD files before running GBARunner2, as the .sav creation feature may corrupt your SD card."

Has anyone using GBARUNNER2 on Twilight Menu++ had their SD corrupted on the 3DS? How rare would it be to have my (128GB, 64KB cluster) SD card corrupted after saving on a game with GBARUNNER2?

Last edited by TheToaster,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I asked this question to a couple of people over on the NDS forum, but I felt it was more apt to create a new thread here. Has anyone experienced any problems with saving in-game to the SD card in GBARunner2 through Twilight Menu++ on a 3DS with CFW? The reason I ask is that on the Twilight Menu++ thread, there is a disclaimer that says: "It is recommended that you backup your SD files before running GBARunner2, as the .sav creation feature may corrupt your SD card."

Has anyone using GBARUNNER2 on Twilight Menu++ had their SD corrupted on the 3DS? How rare would it be to have my (128GB, 64KB cluster) SD card corrupted after saving on a game with GBARUNNER2?
Doesn't matter if the risk is 50% or 0.01% - if it happens for you, you're f*****d. Even if there are no replies here, you can not tell if you're safe or not. if you ask me, I wouldn't use that feature as long as the disclaimer is relevant. If you really have to, you may consider using a separate SD card just for that? Won't be in any way comfortable, though.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner still has many compatability issues, most notably the complete lack of original GB sound chip emulation, tons of games having blocking issues if they run at all, most ROMs need SRAM patching for saving to even work. It may be the best the DSi has to offer but its not worth the effort at all to run on a 3DS when you have virtual console injection available, or even mGBA which is at least highly compatible and accurate if slow.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge