Homebrew GBARunner2

Some1TGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've been out of the emu world for awhile, please be kind (Eli5)..

I have a DSi running R4i card (1.4.3 r4i-sdhc upgrade revolution) that had timebomb, I erased and formatted with SDFormatter (full overwrite, size adjustment on) but this failed..standard Win OS formatted then loaded YSMenu and GBARunner2 I'm having a couple of issues..

YSMenu - This seems to work as expected for 1 of 2 games tested, except for Pokemon Platinum errcode=-81

GBARunner2 - I tried DSi version first, this opens with the nicer UI but gives a SCFG error
DS version opens with older system menu style and will open gba roms, I see the GBC splash screen then it goes white & black

Looking for advice on how to fix (not sure if I'm running the correct versions?)
My old stock R4i card had moonmemo, moonshl2 & R4iMenu which give timebomb error if used, YSMenu only works without those dirs.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah yeah, don't forget to run "make clean" before switching to a different branch, I also had some issues before because of the makefile differences btw.
Yeah, it still isn't working for me. Tried both `git switch` and `git checkout` for branch change, too. Not really sure what the issue could be at this point.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it still isn't working for me. Tried both `git switch` and `git checkout` for branch change, too. Not really sure what the issue could be at this point.
Did you make sure to put the config files on your sd card? I think I added the emerald config file in the cache-hicode branch.

Last edited by Gericom,
  • Love
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure to put the config files on your sd card? I think I added the emerald config file in the cache-hicode branch.
Nope! That's probably the issue then. Thanks!

Edit: Yep... that was it. Silly me :rofl2:
I rely a lot on documentation and the repo doesn't really have instructions yet so naturally this would happen to me.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope! That's probably the issue then. Thanks!

Edit: Yep... that was it. Silly me :rofl2:
I rely a lot on documentation and the repo doesn't really have instructions yet so naturally this would happen to me.
Yeah I should definitely be adding a readme to the repo 😅
But nice that it works now

Kentaroh

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! i got a DSI XLL with r4 and gba emulator, but Final Fantasy 6 advance stay in white screen, can help me with any guide? im newbie xD

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! i got a DSI XLL with r4 and gba emulator, but Final Fantasy 6 advance stay in white screen, can help me with any guide? im newbie xD
Make sure the GBA BIOS is in the "_gba" folder on the SD root, and is named "bios.bin". If it already exists, then wait for GBARunner3 to release.

Reactions: fmhugo

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I found that some game's saving don't work with GBARunner3. Mr.driller2 as an example.
Maybe sram patch doesn't work in GBARunner3?

And if I run some games with GBARunner3, then run them with GBARunner2, GBARunner2 will stop working with a message 'save file too small'.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that some game's saving don't work with GBARunner3. Mr.driller2 as an example.
Maybe sram patch doesn't work in GBARunner3?

And if I run some games with GBARunner3, then run them with GBARunner2, GBARunner2 will stop working with a message 'save file too small'.
SRAM is currently not supported in GBARunner3 yet. It'll be supported later on.

Marvin28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello friends,

I brought an old DS Lite back to life and converted it into a Macro.
I used to like playing Mario Bros 3 and installed it on the R4 card with YS and GBARunner 2.
Unfortunately I have graphical errors in the game when the life bar opens. I have already tested it on my DSI and there is the same error. I checked the ROM on my PC and it works perfectly.
can someone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_6862.png
    IMG_6862.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6863.png
    IMG_6863.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 28

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I brought an old DS Lite back to life and converted it into a Macro.
I used to like playing Mario Bros 3 and installed it on the R4 card with YS and GBARunner 2.
Unfortunately I have graphical errors in the game when the life bar opens. I have already tested it on my DSI and there is the same error. I checked the ROM on my PC and it works perfectly.
can someone help me?
GBARunner3 may possibly fix the graphical errors. Please wait for that to release.

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The latest commit solved the sound crackling in golden sun 2. Can you include config for the japanese version (Ougon no Taiyou - Ushinawareshi Toki), or can I just copy and rename the AGFE00.json file to same file name to be used with the japanese version?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest commit solved the sound crackling in golden sun 2. Can you include config for the japanese version (Ougon no Taiyou - Ushinawareshi Toki), or can I just copy and rename the AGFE00.json file to same file name to be used with the japanese version?
More configs will likely be added soon. Usually the addresses have a bit of a shift between different regions of a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!