Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WHERE ? I have sleeped the last Year under a Stone....so WHERE please ???

Oh,by the Way.
Nice to see you are still under the Handheld Living.Thank you very much.❤️😉👍
Nice to see you're still around as well. Gbarunner3 has already achieved some major compatibility improvements compared to gbarunner2, so you're probably going to like it.

maniacnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Just compiled the latest gbarunner3 build. I am impressed! :blink: I can already play fully. Most games run great!

Klonoa : Empire of Dreams had glitches on some levels on gbarunner2, but no problems on gbarunner3!

Input lag is minimal! :yaynds: Perhaps it is completely absent. Mario and metroid type platform games feel like on a native original gba cartridge. I am very grateful to the developers for their hard work! Thank you very much!:blush: Looking forward to the release of the official build.

P.S. If you need help with testing - write in PM. :ph34r:

Rurounik

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is GBARunner3 backwards compatible with v2 save files?
Yes, it is.
Post automatically merged:

Logged in(It's been so long that i lost my old account lol) just to say thanks.
The wireless adapter branch is amazing... Now i can get all FRLG wondercards using my DSis...

@RocketRobz Are you going to merge rfu and hicode anytime soon?
Consider the price of a single wireless adapter, that would be ACE.
And also, it would be amazing to trade my Pokimans to Emerald from my LG using only my DSis.
Anyway, amazing job so far, it's incredible that i can trade and get all FRLG WC events usign that build.(You just need to select to receive from WiFi BEFORE your load the Event, otherwise you get a crash. But if i do that before, it will always get the WC flawlessly).

Last edited by Rurounik,
Reactions: Tarmfot and Gericom

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, it is.
Post automatically merged:

Logged in(It's been so long that i lost my old account lol) just to say thanks.
The wireless adapter branch is amazing... Now i can get all FRLG wondercards using my DSis...

@RocketRobz Are you going to merge rfu and hicode anytime soon?
Consider the price of a single wireless adapter, that would be ACE.
And also, it would be amazing to trade my Pokimans to Emerald from my LG using only my DSis.
Anyway, amazing job so far, it's incredible that i can trade and get all FRLG WC events usign that build.(You just need to select to receive from WiFi BEFORE your load the Event, otherwise you get a crash. But if i do that before, it will always get the WC flawlessly).
Good to hear you like gbarunner3 so far.

I would like to note that I'm the developer. Not Robz. In any case, rfu and hicode are not ready to be merged yet currently. They will likely be further developed at a later point.

lp_kalubec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to compile GBARunner3, but compilation fails with these being the last messages I see in the console:

Code:
ArmDtcm.o: in function `memu_armDispatchTable':
(.dtcm+0x8): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0xa): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x10): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x12): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x18): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_1' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x1a): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x20): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_1' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x22): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x28): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x2a): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x30): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/ds_rules:57: /workspace/code/core/arm9/arm9.elf] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Makefile:132: build] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/workspace/code/core/arm9'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:35: checkcorearm9] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/workspace/code/bootstrap'
make: *** [Makefile:26: checkbootstrap] Error 2
root@9c462da90669:/workspace/code# ls

I'm running the devkitpro/devkitarm Docker container on an M1 Mac. I'm trying to compile the `develop` branch.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to compile GBARunner3, but compilation fails with these being the last messages I see in the console:

Code:
ArmDtcm.o: in function `memu_armDispatchTable':
(.dtcm+0x8): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0xa): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x10): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x12): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x18): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_1' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x1a): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x20): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_1' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x22): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x28): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armLdmStmRnTable_0' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRn.o
(.dtcm+0x2a): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_ABS16 against symbol `memu_armStmRdTable' defined in .dtcm section in ArmLdmStmRd.o
(.dtcm+0x30): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/ds_rules:57: /workspace/code/core/arm9/arm9.elf] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Makefile:132: build] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/workspace/code/core/arm9'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:35: checkcorearm9] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/workspace/code/bootstrap'
make: *** [Makefile:26: checkbootstrap] Error 2
root@9c462da90669:/workspace/code# ls

I'm running the devkitpro/devkitarm Docker container on an M1 Mac. I'm trying to compile the `develop` branch.
Unfortunately, this is a known issue, for the time being GBArunner3 building is only possible in Windows. The exact reason is unknown, because there should be no differences between platforms.

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I would like to note that I'm the developer. Not Robz. In any case, rfu and hicode are not ready to be merged yet currently. They will likely be further developed at a later point.
Pregunta que es hicode, abra soporte para juegos traducidos por la scene hispana (en especial Mother 3 jeje) y abra Beta pública. :wub:

Question what is hicode, will there be support for games translated by the hispanic scene (especially Mother 3 hehe) and will there be a public Beta? :wub:

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It exists, It's in development, TwilightMenu already supports it but it doesn't include the binary. You need to provide it on your own and set the GBARUNNER3_TEST=1 flag in the config.
I went back a page and see the posted compilation instructions lol - I assume that walks me through beginning to end to upgrading? Any chance anyone precompiled the latest GBAR3 binary so I can just move it over? I use a macbook and I seen it needs to be compiled in windows :(

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on it at the moment. Sadly (or fortunately ;P) I don't run Windows, so I'm trying to compile it using a Windows runner via Github Actions.
I really wanna give it a whirl! Mother 3 had VERY good sound, It just save locked at the dinos! so I am hopeful it'll just work once someone can provide me the binary to upgrade! lol

Rurounik

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Oh, sorry... And thanks for the hard work at it.
Good to hear that it will be merged soon.
Just finished LG on it and the wifi enviroment is amazing, given the early stage of the project.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Modular511

Here's the compiled GBARunner3. It's a development build, rev 2fa4211.
  • Unzip the Gbarunner.nds file
  • Put it under the sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/ dir
  • Go to sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini and set GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1

EDIT: OK so - i got it added, but it goes to a red screen and then a green one? is there anything else i gotta do? (when I launch gba roms)

EDIT2: GOT it working - though any ways to fix this? Bottom of screen messes up? (gbarunner3)

Attachments

• PXL_20240225_150212763.jpg
    PXL_20240225_150212763.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited by Modular511,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4