GBAtemp has some really hardcore haters ehh..

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Gundam Eclipse said:
Yep~

That song ain't half bad btw
Hmm lemme think.. Lol... nvm.. I cant think of any.. U-KISS is kinda unique. Too underrated. Really love their song and been loving them since their debut. My personal profile picture is actually of Kevin from U-KISS.

Try this
[youtube]eDBOGihYl10[/youtube]

EDIT: Almost 1337 profile views lol.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
DarkStriker said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Yep~

That song ain't half bad btw
Hmm lemme think.. Lol... nvm.. I cant think of any.. U-KISS is kinda unique. Too underrated. Really love their song and been loving them since their debut. My personal profile picture is actually of Kevin from U-KISS.

Try this
[youtube]eDBOGihYl10[/youtube]

EDIT: Almost 1337 profile views lol.

Again not half-bad.

But i don't find it as addictive as NEVERLAND. Seriously, i have barely listened to anything other than that the past 1-2 days >>

Posts merged

shlong said:
QUOTE(Gundam Eclipse @ Sep 25 2011, 06:01 PM)
shlong

Can't be arsed to PM, but if you find any more music along the lines of Neverland please PM if possible

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm what shlong listed is what im also listning to.
MBLAQ - Mona Lisa
Block B - Freeze
[youtube]ae_vi3hM6K0[/youtube]
4MINUTE - FreeStyle
[youtube]8V7DGNp0RTk[/youtube]

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Getting back on topic.

I can tell you, as a pureblood Korean who keeps up with Korean entertainment 100%, this k-pop phenomenon has the whole country split.

Current K-pop trend is to pump out many "idols", or boy/girl groups as possible. It all started when SM (the company who owns SNSD) debuted H.O.T, I think around 1995, which had the biggest following in the whole country. other companies found out that this sells, and started just pumping out lots of these groups, where only a few manage to survive, and most just disappear after 1-2 singles/albums are released, simply because they don't sell. That's the gist of the k-pop scene, but it gets much worse...

Obviously, because they had to pump out these groups, the quality of the songs dropped significantly from the "Golden Age" of K-Pop, which was the 90s where artists sold a good million copies of their albums only by words of mouth, the quality of the songs were amazing (Many people still sing songs from this era), flooded with lip synching, mangled lyrics that pretty much have "love" in half of the songs, elementary English that don't even make sense, and people liking singers purely based on their appearance (Shamefully I'm one of those people as well).

1. Obnoxious fans - they're fucking batshit crazy. even worse than the London riots or the L.A. riots in 1994 - they will do ANYTHING to defend their favorite group and only see things from their perspective. These fans will do anything for their favorite groups, and these damage only not the fans but the artists themselves.

2. Elementary English - Some of these groups have foreign members but still pump out songs that have English that isn't grammatically correct. If it was rap I would understand, but they're songs that specifically aimed at foreign countries to sell (because lots of people like k-pop in foreign countries)... as a country that spends a fortune on English lessons, I'm honestly embarrassed by this.

3. No diversity - Other than these k-pop, ballad, and Trot (old Korean songs) there are no other music genres in Korea that can survive on selling albums or digital singles alone. Since there are only like 3% of entertainers who make more than what they can live on in Korea right now (these are really famous people like Rain), the difference between the rich and the poor is on the rise. Also on diversity, there aren't much diversity on races, either... racial discrimination still happens in Korea, and there are really no black or white singers - because they don't sell to the public unless they're like Olivia Hussey pretty - although U.S. diversity cannot be compared because the Korean fan pool is MUCH more smaller than in the U.S., I'd like to see more diversity.

Check out answers.yahoo.com, Korean section - there are a bunch of foreigners who want to be Korean idols, and I can't help but laugh at them because it will never happen even if the world turns over.

edit: Also, the only way for these groups to make themselves known is not by their music but their appearance on TV shows (called VAriety shows that includes all talk shows, contestants playing games and just entertainment TV)

Solid - Match made in heaven (1996)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-UTG3_29VY[/youtube]

Kim Gunmo - Wrongful meeting (1995) - he sold like 2-3mil. copies of albums back then
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKBuynxXfM&feature=related[/youtube]

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
CCNaru said:
1- See tons of them in Allkpop which is why i never bothered posting there seeing as they are even scarier than VA, Prowler_ & Guild.
2- Super Junior: Becasue i Naughty Naughty... Lol... Addicting song though.
3- Because they dont have a diversity, i listen to jpop and jrock because i really love songs like these.

[youtube]Bx25HQBH4GQ[/youtube]
And this
[youtube]VTrhHCuhsIE[/youtube]

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Gundam Eclipse said:
Best song of Yuya!
[youtube]ien7rEHMKco[/youtube]

EDIT: And this one is the song i love the most of Gackt! KAMEN RIDE!
[youtube]aY_aqptwrY8[/youtube]

Well seeing as how this is going.. Maybe this should really be moved lol.. And CCNaru. What i answered might be seen as ignorance, but i really dont know the history of korean pop and most people listening to kpop right now started when groups like SNSD started to pop up. Im not really a judge, but i surely wont like it when i see a culture going off a direction you hate.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take.
cap1.png

cap2.png

cap3.png

cap4.png

cap5.png