GBAtemp hiring new moderators: we need you!

C9kEEmbXUAEX3r6.png

GBAtemp needs you!
The GBAtemp community has just lost one of its most valuable supervisors Minox who decided to step down after years of incredible service at GBAtemp. His presence and dedication are already heavily missed, if you're reading this Minox - I really mean it and I'm sorry you decided to go.

It's time to inject some fresh blood into our mod team! If you think you have what it takes, send me a PM. You don't have to post in this thread to apply. For your information, hiring decisions are made by staff consensus, I won't be the one to decide.

So you must be wondering: why would anyone want to join the mod team on these crazy forums? Well there are quite a few incentives:
- first you get a shiny badge, and access to our secret staff forums
- become part of the GBAtemp mod family and join our secret group chat
- get free games and hardware for review (you're free to choose the games/stuff you want to review)
- weigh in on important decisions concerning the organization of events and the future of the site
- early access to new features/skins and beta testing
- climb up the ladder to become a supervisor with full power over the entire site

What we're looking for before anything is level-headed persons with good common sense, if you've submitted valid reports before you literally get bonus points. Also, if you're familiar with the 3DS and Switch hacking scene, we're looking for moderators for these areas in particular.

Interested? Shoot me a private message! Your application will be reposted on our staff forum where the staff will render their verdict. We will inform you when decisions have been made.

Last edited by Costello,

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want to nominate myself for moderator, I have been a lurker since 2009 and joined 2010.
I was a bit rude at first and got a few warning and even a suspension, however I have taken a right turn for several years now on this gaming forum.
I have been more active as of late, constantly checking and lurking posts including immediately reporting any spammy threads that have been appearing on the website lately.
With that being said, I wish good luck to everyone.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where can we see a list of local moderators? They aren't under the Staff page.
There are currently no section moderators as far as I know. That would be why you can't find them lol

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have they been chosen already?

Nope.
Staff is still deciding on who to pick.

Iirc, the last actual Moderation that Temp had was Bortzy, every mod after him instantly became Global.
Perhaps until now.

Reactions: 2Hack

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nope.
Staff is still deciding on who to pick.

Iirc, the last actual Moderation that Temp had was Bortzy, every mod after him instantly became Global.
Perhaps until now.
maybe they will be moderator in just 1 area as an experience, to see how well they can be trusted and granted global powers

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like to ban people XD

When it comes to banning people i was always taught, a bad mod bans a good mod educates. It's all about circumstances you see and a good mod will always favor trying to keep people in line with the rules rather than bringing down the banhammer at the slightest offence.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to banning people i was always taught, a bad mod bans a good mod educates. It's all about circumstances you see and a good mod will always favor trying to keep people in line with the rules rather than bringing down the banhammer at the slightest offence.
That's not always true, sometimes you have to ban, Coming from Past experience xP

Though most of the time it's just warn, and a cautionary Pm

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not always true, sometimes you have to ban, Coming from Past experience xP

Though most of the time it's just warn, and a cautionary Pm

Of course there are always situations where a ban is necessary and is the only option, but a lot of the time you can talk to people about what they are doing and persuade them to stop their objectionable behavior. Suspensions are also a good way to deal with some situations especially with particular heated situations just give the offenders time to cool down and see some sense. It all comes down to what the situation actually is.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, good chunk of my recommendations are family guy clips