GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a site that can convert my classic minecraft skin to the newer format (32x32)? I can only find sites that revert them to the old format (32x16) that it's already in.

Any help would be great.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have Optifine's Motion Blur effect turned off, but motion blur is still happening. Anyone know why, and how I can disable it permanently? It's very ugly and distracting.

2021-09-02_19.13.53.png

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the server has been forgotten

Not really.
Still see people playing on it daily, but it's September so kids are back in school and there's a billion games coming out.

I always enjoyed servers more for the "shared world" experience than anything else tbh.

Reactions: Chary and Jayro

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really need to brush up on Tinker's construct, because it really makes me feel dumb. :unsure:

The manuals help a LOT. You pretty much want to just get to the point where you have a smelter and from there you're pretty much good to go. Kirgane made a smelter near spawn you could look at and/or use.
Making tools is pretty much just looking at the tinkers anvil, selecting what kind of tool you wanna make and then perusing the book Encyclopedia of Tinkering since it has all the tools, materials and upgrades. From there it's just deciding what parts would benefit the tool you want the most. It lays out what each material does pretty well.

I also wanna check out the Gaia dimension stuff, but I don't know the first thing about it.

There's a gaia portal at spawn. The weird little volcano biome chunks near Chary's house conveniently counted as a hot biome for the portal requirement lol. Portal is near the tree in the pink fenced area.
The mod itself isn't super complex, it's mostly just a bunch of biomes with cool new blocks. Though it does have some more advanced gems requiring a Restructurur or Purifier but I didn't test them much.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This might be something to look into down the line later. https://geysermc.org/
IDK if it works with the mods in place, but it allows crossplay between Java and Bedrock if the server admins employ it.
I hope you don't mind, but I've improved the Enderman spawner by adding a floor made of Obsidian. (I accidentally fell through the dirt, and lost all my stuff in the void, so I didn't want that to happen to anyone else or me, ever again.)

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you don't mind, but I've improved the Enderman spawner by adding a floor made of Obsidian. (I accidentally fell through the dirt, and lost all my stuff in the void, so I didn't want that to happen to anyone else or me, ever again.)
That's chill dude. You can do whatever you want to any of my stuff. I don't play on the server anymore.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ