GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I asked on one of the mods discords and they confirmed what I was definitely realizing.

Apparently 1.16 fucked something up and so it specifically has this issue with things that add biomes to existing worlds. It just screws everything.

So i'm removing Better End, Outer End and Blue Skies from the update and have to re-submit the pack again.

For some reason Gaia isn't causing any issues that I can see so uh...i'm keeping it for now I guess. Doing a final look around to confirm the server isn't mega borked. But it seems fine now.

edit: Update submit but it's random how long it'll take to show up on curseforge.
For now if you delete Blue Skies, Outer End, Better End, Structure Gel
You should be able to connect.

edit edit:
They fast af. Approved on the website but being approved on the launcher is another random wait time.

edit edit edit:
Still fast af

Make sure you're using version 2.1.0 , it's on the launcher now as well as the website.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

supershadow64ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Aquaculture​
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty
Sweet. Got some real good contenders in there, and its not too complicated. Never used Genetic Animals, Better Caves or Quark, but I can't wait to see how they play out.

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, I don't know for sure, but I think it may be slightly possible I'm crashing the server :D

I had used the RTP button from spawn before the 2.1.0 update yesterday and it put me at 95K blocks out - I was trying to find a slime island. Now, all well and good because I found one, but every time I approach it the server seems to have a fit... I guess I won't do that, and return to spawn immediately when I rejoin :3

EDIT: Okay, according to Malice this is because some chunks generated during v2.0.0 are, when visited now, wanting to create structures from mods that are no longer in the pack. Random server-crashing deathtraps ahoy :D

Last edited by Kirgane,

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RIP in pieces, server's dead again after a timeout :wacko:

I was pootling about at my home, and Bao was on an adventure trying to reach their grave, so perhaps a buggy chunk got triggered on the way. But it seems kinda hard to believe that many bugged chunks got created while 2.0.0 was briefly active.

Hopefully Malice sleeps well and awakens refreshed for another bug hunt :P

xCNotex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is just me, but I am having an issue playing this modpack in single player. While waiting for the server to come up I wanted to play so I generated a new world. The new world keeps crashing while trying to load chunks. Nothing specific in the error so no logs. Odd......

Last edited by xCNotex,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RIP in pieces, server's dead again after a timeout :wacko:

I was pootling about at my home, and Bao was on an adventure trying to reach their grave, so perhaps a buggy chunk got triggered on the way. But it seems kinda hard to believe that many bugged chunks got created while 2.0.0 was briefly active.

Hopefully Malice sleeps well and awakens refreshed for another bug hunt :P

I looked through both the log and crash log and neither had anything interesting. I think Chary's internet just derped.
I'm looking into an auto-restart method but they're a bit sparse for 1.16

Maybe it is just me, but I am having an issue playing this modpack in single player. While waiting for the server to come up I wanted to play so I generated a new world. The new world keeps crashing while trying to load chunks. Nothing specific in the error so no logs. Odd......

At the moment I don't have default configs and a few mods sent to players so singleplayer could be a bit wacky.
But it shouldn't crash, I never had any issues with testing in singleplayer.

Reactions: Chary and xCNotex

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I looked through both the log and crash log and neither had anything interesting. I think Chary's internet just derped.
I'm looking into an auto-restart method but they're a bit sparse for 1.16.
Can't do something like that in a .bat to launch the server? :

cd "Path to my server jar."
:loop
java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar server.jar nogui
goto loop

(careful with such loop do not put start java bla bla you will be flooded.)
this way only one instance at a stime, this way in case of crash it automaticaly reboot itself when it does not detect the .jar.

Edit : You could even place that .bat in start folder of windows and it automatly run it when windows boot up that what I do with a mitmproxy script.

Edit2: Guess I will not play till you find something to fix these time out issues since I am related to them it seem. Each new chunk I crash things I think :X

Last edited by Baoulettes,
Reactions: Chary

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Malice might have to start a new world if it's that bad. lol.
removing bad chunk is only required, going in region folder filtering mca by date and deleting the one that are in range of when the faulty mods was there will force the server to recreate them with our actual mods list.

Edit: always do that with backup in the idea, like not deleting but renaming the .mca to something different and making backup of entire server "in case" I never had issues with it but maybe you will if you try.

Reactions: Chary and Kirgane

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't do something like that in a .bat to launch the server? :

cd "Path to my server jar."
:loop
java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar server.jar nogui
goto loop

(careful with such loop do not put start java bla bla you will be flooded.)
this way only one instance at a stime, this way in case of crash it automaticaly reboot itself when it does not detect the .jar.

Edit : You could even place that .bat in start folder of windows and it automatly run it when windows boot up that what I do with a mitmproxy script.

Edit2: Guess I will not play till you find something to fix these time out issues since I am related to them it seem. Each new chunk I crash things I think :X

My level of coding is "I can vaguely read code and understand what it's saying usually" lol. I'm not good at actually making things without instruction
So, I can try that out. I just have a very simple .bat at the moment.

And just to clarify cuz i've never messed with region files before...
The "date modified" would be when they're created? So I just need to target the .mca modified around the time I updated yesterday?
EDIT: Well I did the thing. Hopefully that helps and we don't all die.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
My level of coding is "I can vaguely read code and understand what it's saying usually" lol. I'm not good at actually making things without instruction
So, I can try that out. I just have a very simple .bat at the moment.

And just to clarify cuz i've never messed with region files before...
The "date modified" would be when they're created? So I just need to target the .mca modified around the time I updated yesterday?
EDIT: Well I did the thing. Hopefully that helps and we don't all die.
The .bat I writed here is simple :
First line you place between quote the folder path of your server .jar
Then :loop is an anchor point (not sure about it's name tbh.
then we have the command to run server, and till the server is running (aka the .jar in process list.) it stay there and wait.
Once the .jar is closed/crash (not responding is counted as running fine.) it will go to "goto"
goto is used to go back to an anchor this one being loop will redo the launch minecraft server command.

About mca file :
that what countain where each block are placed based on seed but also player action on it.
Filtering them by "created date"(* and removing (renaming extension) of the on between these time range:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp...low-gbatemp-users.592255/page-16#post-9561307
and this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp...low-gbatemp-users.592255/page-16#post-9561394
would drastically remove your chunk issues if there still any.
always be cautious doing manuel file remove. always do server backup check in white list modes, ask one that crash (Well I can be voluntary help there since it seem when I log in it crash)
and if that not crash open for a bit check the server console ^^
I used to do that on a low scale server in way older version of minecraft. it could still work but I can not confirm 100 %

Edit: oh well that really related to me.
Sorry guys
minecraftcurse.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Power outage