Not open for further replies.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm going to be honest, I want and Acecard because I want one. I don't want to spend money one one because I already have a card and it works. If I can have the chance of one for free, I will try for it. I'm not going to come onto the tread and say things like "My R4 is broke" or "My brother/sister/uncle/mother is leaving and taking my R4 with them" (or any other R4 related statement), there seem to be a lot of people trying to use sympathy to influence the draw (!?). Anyway I realise I have little chance of winning, I'm sure I got a couple of answers wrong, so unless everyone else got more wrong than me, then, it only took a few minutes and at least I have learned a little.
To all those who got the answers right, well done, but if you are here just for the competition, please come back. There is nothing more irritating than looking through a member list of a forum and seeing hundreds of users with less than five posts that signed up months/years ago and have no intention of coming back.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
..We should limit entrance to people with more than 10 posts...Sure it attracts people, but it attracts more prize hunters than potential new members.

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what's the purpose of this competition anyway?

if it's to attract new members then it's doing it. sure many may not return, but that'd be their loss. this is a great, if not the best, site for NDS. anyone with any sense is bound to return.

if the purpose is simply to reward existing members then sure lock out new membership during the competition time. i'm not sure restricting according to number of posts is the best idea though. there's lots of lurkers who only post when they feel they have something to contribute, not everytime they have a mildly related thought or want to ask if it works on PAL…

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't believe all this commotion over an AceKard 2. People actually going as far as to vandalize wikis just to increase their chances. I can't remember there being this much commotion over the last quiz. Or was there?

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Passa said:
Are you crazy? The giveaway isn't so GBAtemp can reward their regulars.. it's to attract new members, to make the site grow. More visitors to the site is only a good thing - why wouldn't some of the visitors sign up and decide that they like the site and want to visit it more often? Although I can see many being turned off by this 'elitist' attitude shown by regulars.

Honestly some of you are just plain greedy. Going through this thread, all I could do was shake my head as people bitched about 'new members' (almost like bogans complaining about 'New Australians' in the 60s haha), whining about how their flashcards broke recently and acting like the Wiki edits were the end of the world, demanding compensation and such.

The giveaway quiz was supposed to bring excitement here, instead people are having a huge whinge. It's a $25 card.

Sounds like you've been listening in history class or been watching too much ABC.

On topic: It's not good that we should bitch on and on about new members, but on the flipside, there are many people who register just for the competition, then never return to gbatemp. This happens on many forums who want more members - forum hosts competition, many new members register, many new accounts sitting idle.

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I have to say, the main reason I was directed to the site was because of the last quiz. I was new to the whole flashcard scene and read somewhere about the quiz. I've checked the site daily ever since, even though I havent exactly posted much.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The quiz was alright, I think I got most of it right, except for one. And out of all those people who join for the quiz, one of them will stay.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
nice questions...
Ahh so annoying to see people changing the answers on wiki
I think that if I win, i will not accept the award but just be happy of the fact that i won like someone in the past had done so when he won

EDIT: Passa deserves the best post on the temper post

123noob321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm. I hope I win
lecture.gif
see you on irc later. *cough* you should know who I am..*uber pose* anyway goodluck everyone
rolleyes.gif

annsk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I come here everyday to check my favorite threads, even though I never posted anything
sleep.gif
'
As mentioned previously, there are people who don't feel like arguing in forums or don't have the need to contribute. And there is another kind who quietly searches through all the old posts to have their answers, instead of creating a new topic each time they have a question.

Anyway, I especially like the fact that people from both America and Europe, and even Eastern countries participate in this forum. It's kind of refreshing compared to others.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I'm going to be honest, I want and Acecard because I want one. I don't want to spend money one one because I already have a card and it works. If I can have the chance of one for free, I will try for it. I'm not going to come onto the tread and say things like "My R4 is broke" or "My brother/sister/uncle/mother is leaving and taking my R4 with them" (or any other R4 related statement), there seem to be a lot of people trying to use sympathy to influence the draw (!?). Anyway I realise I have little chance of winning, I'm sure I got a couple of answers wrong, so unless everyone else got more wrong than me, then, it only took a few minutes and at least I have learned a little.
To all those who got the answers right, well done, but if you are here just for the competition, please come back. There is nothing more irritating than looking through a member list of a forum and seeing hundreds of users with less than five posts that signed up months/years ago and have no intention of coming back.

Cookie for you.
smile.gif
But, in all honesty, my R4 actually died. But, I never mentioned that in this topic until now. I could buy one as I got a summer job now. But. I need to save up for my DS as my R4 died with it from a huge drop down the stairs.

But yeah, nice to see some people not making up excuses saying they 'broke their R4's' and such. Although some may have 'since I've experienced it.. but it's attracting new potential forum members. Anyways, good luck to you as well.
smile.gif

Fantasma-del-Car

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been a regular site visitor for a long time, and never posted. The quiz made me jump on board. Itouch's problems are making me post on this site...

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantasma-del-Caribe said:
I have been a regular site visitor for a long time, and never posted. The quiz made me jump on board. Itouch's problems are making me post on this site...
same here, been here for years but never said much...

walkearth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WTF!?
blink.gif

The answers are on wiki? That's simply not right, what about us, who were the first ones to enter the contest, we didn't have the answers
mad.gif

But it doesn't matter, win - lose, it's the same if you ask me. 24$ aren't much, I'll pay them gladly.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
walkearth said:
WTF!?
blink.gif

The answers are on wiki? That's simply not right, what about us, who were the first ones to enter the contest, we didn't have the answers
mad.gif

But it doesn't matter, win - lose, it's the same if you ask me. 24$ aren't much, I'll pay them gladly.
Uh no, the answers aren't there. You have to search for them and some of them happen to be on Wikipedia. It's not against the rules.

M

mario5555

shaunj66 said:
Dingler said:
Does "Nintendogs" mean the series or just one of the games? And if so, why dosn't pokémon count as two games?
Nintendogs means the whole series (basically one game) just as Pokémon does. This is the way they are counted in VG Charts.

See that question wasn't clear enough, if you look at different sources one says one answer, another one has another answer.

Your question should have clarified if you meant the game series as a whole or just the one particular game itself (which is what I ultimately went with and which SHOULD be counted), otherwise I fault the questions as confusing and ask that it be thrown out because of that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...