GBAtemp should add an Steam Deck Forum

TheSpearGuy

can probably play it on Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Community is gonna be big, so it would only be fair to treat the Steam Deck like a Switch or Vita and give it its own Forum for Projects, Homebrew and Questions !
We could also use this as an logo
index.png

Reactions: RedTony

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most I could ever see the Steam Deck be its own section is if its a Subforum in the PC or Handheld section. Its not different enough to warrant its own mainline forum as its basically a portable PC with some Valve backing behind it.

Hell I think VR has (and really should) have its own section on its own due to the fact that they are moving away from the PC in big ways. That said its probably not popular enough around here to warrant a section dedicated for it.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most I could ever see the Steam Deck be its own section is if its a Subforum in the PC or Handheld section. Its not different enough to warrant its own mainline forum as its basically a portable PC with some Valve backing behind it.

Hell I think VR has (and really should) have its own section on its own due to the fact that they are moving away from the PC in big ways. That said its probably not popular enough around here to warrant a section dedicated for it.
no I can see it be added to Steamdeck/Linux form as PC usually just imply windows.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come here normally for Switch and 3DS stuff.... but, after getting a Steam Deck and running into problems with my own games, I was looking for game mods and back door methods to get games running.

I see no one here really cares enough to put a dedicated forum that would get more traffic then a group, that I would of never found just by visiting this site.

Sure, it's a PC but, a dedicated gaming PC with Linux. Maybe a PC handheld area? as there are a ton of portable PCs and with really good specs now. So it's not just a PC, it's portable gaming PC.

I'll stick to Reddit and other places for Steam Deck discussion for now, as I don't see a lot of interest here.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With the growing number of portable PCs and handheld emulation systems, I can see those possibly needing their own section. There have been a growing number of both devices and it would be nice to not gum up the general gaming or PC section with conversations about them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)