GBAtemp V8 / tempStyle 3.2 feedback thread - post bugs or feedback here

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is something happening with customizing the blocks on the front page? I can't seem to find the button to change it anymore

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is something happening with customizing the blocks on the front page? I can't seem to find the button to change it anymore
Just blind maybe?

1641169151792.png
<
If it's not just right there as usual, it should be in a drop down box when you hover over Home, depending on your resolution/display scaling.

Reactions: jt_1258

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just blind maybe?

View attachment 292167 <
If it's not just right there as usual, it should be in a drop down box when you hover over Home, depending on your resolution/display scaling.
ahh, so well hidden it was right there in front of me this whole time >.< I was looking at the bottom of the page

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll get it looked into.

I see the thread has only recently passed 1k views. The XP rewards can take a while to register so please wait a while longer.
Happy new year to you :) So i waited for a long time but there's no XP for my second thread reached 1K.
If you could please take a look?

thx

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Happy new year to you :) So i waited for a long time but there's no XP for my second thread reached 1K.
If you could please take a look?

thx
Have you looked through
https://gbatemp.net/xp/
to see if there was a transaction for the 10XP thing. Maybe just the notification is broken.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Warning
and
informamation
boxes seem like they have their colors flipped to me. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but personally I associate blue with info boxes and yellow with warning boxes so imo it would make more sense if they had their colors flipped.

Error
boxes seem to be correct, red makes sense for errors to me.

The text inside of all of them is also really hard to read in any of the dark themes:
スクリーンショット 2022-01-15 21.42.40.png

(rosy blossom for comparison)
スクリーンショット 2022-01-15 21.43.26.png

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@shaunj66 I have a weird issue in that whenever I reply to a thread I can't use any of the tools above like bold or italics or even the emoji thingy's As you can see on the picture below they are all faded out and pressing them does nothing. And yes I am still using good old Samsung Internet Browser lol.

Screenshot_20220206-000024_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
@shaunj66 I have a weird issue in that whenever I reply to a thread I can't use any of the tools above like bold or italics or even the emoji thingy's As you can see on the picture below they are all faded out and pressing them does nothing. And yes I am still using good old Samsung Internet Browser lol.

View attachment 296900
I think you clicked the "Toggle BB code" button (the []), it looks like it's active and that disables all the other options.

Reactions: AmandaRose

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think you clicked the "Toggle BB code" button (the []), it looks like it's active and that disables all the other options.
This is exactly it yes, I have had the same issue before, it's not exactly obvious when you don't know that lol

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:rofl2:
This is exactly it yes, I have had the same issue before, it's not exactly obvious when you don't know that lol
Ah that's fixed it lol. What a stupid option so easy to click accidentally on a mobile phone and it's not even labelled so unless you know what it does ya wouldn't have a clue

Edit even worse I just noticed that every time I swipe the page down with my thumb I end up hitting the bloody bb code thingy off.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have an odd glitch using the browser on my Samsung phone. I can't quote any post, doing so automatically places the text parser at the end of the quote, but inside the quote box as if I'm modifying the quote. If I try to move the cursor down below the quote box, the post box extends and the quote box also extends, so I'm still modifying the quote instead of putting my own post in, and now I'm adding more and more space. It will repeat this, and I can never put my own post on. Any one else have this issue?

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
And GBATemp almost crashed my browser attempting to quote some one in a reply just now. I just kept trying to tap the bottom of the quote box to put in my text, which kept leading it to create huge (and I mean HUGE) amounts of spaces, but kept trying to put my text inside the quote box, modifying the quote, until my browser started freezing and I had to close the tab.

hell is going on

text what the

Athe only onecursor in the middle of this with thisOkay and now it rtext andomly put the issue? m I

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I can't even edit that post without it glitching even further than it already has. I've never experienced this with GBATemp before. I just want to quote reply. :(

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I found an issue: it seems like it's not possible to paste a youtube link without it automatically turning into an embed.

Is it possible to bypass auto-embed? I don't want to waste others' bandwidth and privacy.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found an issue: it seems like it's not possible to paste a youtube link without it automatically turning into an embed.

Is it possible to bypass auto-embed? I don't want to waste others' bandwidth and privacy.
Yes, these embedded videos (or their placeholders since I have them blocked), are annoying. Workaround: Insert the link manually with BB code.

[URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwjPQ_Ntro][YouTube] Nintendo 3DS XL Shell Swap[/URL]
Results in:
[YouTube] Nintendo 3DS XL Shell Swap

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Signatures are cut even shorter than the previous version—I think the previous limit was fine.

View attachment 276826

Also, can we get some more patterns outside of LGBT stuff for the patron banner? Like, generic starry, wavy, or similar stuff with small icons or shapes? And gaming-related ones, too.

View attachment 276828
i hate to admit it but i tried clicking "toggle signature" out of instinct

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, these embedded videos (or their placeholders since I have them blocked), are annoying. Workaround: Insert the link manually with BB code.

[URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwjPQ_Ntro][YouTube] Nintendo 3DS XL Shell Swap[/URL]
Results in:
[YouTube] Nintendo 3DS XL Shell Swap

Oh, I didn't try PLAIN /PLAIN, I only tried manually turning it into an URL, and that didn't work.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the text box when commenting on a thread, if I press the three dots next to the "I", the submenu comes up and I can press the same three dots to close it again. But if I press the three dots next to the smiley face, the submenu that comes up covers those three dots (and all the original buttons) and I can't find any way to get out of that submenu and back to the original buttons without reloading the page.

This is on Chrome on Android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2