you'll get all you deserve

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the inactivity guys. The OP has been updated and a few changes has been made.

*) The challenge of the week has been changed to a two week period and I am now open to suggestions. PM me the suggestion and I'll give credit.
*) Old8oy has returned.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOO sorry I haven't posted anything here! I try to keep updated, but I have to wait till Sunday to get my computer back! D: I'll start with some weird poems I made :3
Again, SOOOOO sorry D:
Ocean Anomaly
---
Swift and mighty anomaly
Traveling the seven seas
A pack of corrupt clouds
Forming a mighty shroud
Starts with tropical juice
Then add a pinch of cotton, too
Take a whirl in the blender
And it's fresh, but not for better
Rotating with all its power
The network grows on
The pack becomes a tower
And reaches land; it's won
Fat Squirrels
---
Fat squirrels, livin' the life of a (x3)
Stalker right out of our house!
All we do is scream "hatchee patchee"
While all they can do is watch us party
Sniff their bottoms while we can't see
All they do is watch TV!

F to the S to the I to the H
Fat squirrels in my house, why can't you see? (x2)

Menu billi, menu meow
Sare kende jutheya kao
Menu billi, menu meow
Tu kyo nai samaj ata stupidji cow?

Mote squirrel, oye mote squirrel
Sare kende mote squirrel
Mote squirrel, oye mote squirrel
Sare kende MOTE

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got back after my PC decided to give me the finger. It took 3 days to repair it, and around a week, maybe two without internet before that. Anyways, I'm back.

My NaNoWriMo novel is obviously screwed, but I'm still pushing it as far as it can go until the deadline. I figure I ought to show some dedication regardless of my prospects of actually finishing. I might post up a small excerpt later on.

So, anyway... the challenge. Hm...

Well, I consider my two worst weaknesses in writing stories to be naming my characters [dunno, never was good with names] and writing sequences with a lot of actions [the words never seem to fit the images in my head]. I'm not sure how I can write something related to names [working on it, though; you'll see how weird my naming is in a bit] so I'll go with the action sequences then...

"There are two ways to stop an opponent or target. You make him unable to continue or you make him submit," said a voice inside Venn's head. It was the doctrine that had been ingrained into his mind, his instincts - his very existence, perhaps. The problem was, he was also taught that submission wasn't an option, at least not for them; and 'unable to continue' translated roughly to 'dead as a doornail'.

A stream of garbled, shrilly-shouted and - at least to Venn - unintelligible words issued forth from the room at the end of the corridor. Venn thought it resembled Russian. "You won't get me, whoever you are!" called out the voice again, as the speaker switched abruptly to English.

The pronouncement was followed by sporadic gunfire that hit the carpeting and the wall, but was otherwise of no consequence. Venn was hiding behind a corner where the room's wall met that of the corridor's, well-shielded from gunfire.

'How many damn guards did this paranoid wacko hire?' he thought to himself. Already about a dozen or so armed men lined the corridors, side rooms and stairs. Each of these men had a gaping bullet wound on his head, some on the temple, others between the eyes, and yet others on the neck - or what little of their necks remained, anyhow.

Another spray of bullets came forth from the room at the end of the corridor. Venn wondered if the guards were starting to run out of ammo yet. He knew from the corpses of the other guards that the weapons were 9mm sub-machine guns - MP5s or something. He knew from the lack of ricocheting - something that worked in his favor - that the rounds were of the hollow-point variety. He had stuck to his training so far, and aside from a few cuts and bruises, he was relatively unscathed. He did not wish to make a mistake now. Shootouts almost never end well if one was outnumbered and outgunned, regardless of what the movies wanted one to believe.

'And speaking of ammo...' he thought to himself as he looked down on his gun, a Colt Python with a six-inch barrel. He had three rounds left in the cylinder - hollow-point 357's. He checked his pants’ front left pocket and found it empty - the rear left pocket was jingling with the shell casings he had previously fired - couldn't very well leave those behind.

He wished, as he had on so many previous instances within the last twenty or so minutes, that he could have used the M107A1 instead. The house - mansion, whatever they called it nowadays - stood atop a hill, and his target, being a much smaller man, left him without a clear shot especially since his guards stuck so close to him. He did take out some of the guards with the decidedly overpowered rifle, but the target had predictably withdrawn inside. To Venn, this meant two things: first, the target has no means of escape unless he was out of the picture; and second, he had to go into the rather veritable fortress full of armed guards. And here he was, less than half an hour later, outnumbered three to one counting the target.

Another burst of gunfire further shredded the carpeting and the fake wooden panels on the wall - it all looked like a ghastly mess now. Venn, who was concentrating on counting shots, noted that there were three less shots compared to earlier salvos. 'Out of ammo or trying to lure me in?' he wondered.

Venn checked his watch. He was not sure if his target had actually dared call the police - that entailed explaining his small private army of bodyguards. But then again, a man in panic - especially one so paranoid - was unfathomable to a fault. If the target did, his hand would be forced. Venn knew that other than his firearm, all he had were three knives. One each on knife holsters on both ankles - the way commandos wore them on TV - and a butterfly knife hidden on his left sleeve. He had no explosives, because he was too uncomfortable with them, though admittedly some would be a lot of help considering present circumstances.

"I have called for backup! Whoever you are, you'd better be prepared to die here!" called out the voice again. Venn checked his watch again. He was not sure if this last pronouncement was a bluff or not, but he figured any backup would be heading towards them with accelerators floored. It was time to move in, like it or not.

"I've got three more rounds!" Venn shouted back - it was the first time he had spoken at all since the carnage began. "Those two with you better be good at catching bullets, or I'll still have one left for you after I'm done with them!" With that implied threat - always good to have every small psychological advantage - Venn made his move.

The next few seconds were a blur.

Venn emerged from the corner he was hiding behind, gun at the ready. He knew the guards wore vests, so head shots were the way to go. The doorway of the room at the end of the corridor was empty. For a moment, he just stood there, his gaze switching back and forth from left to right. Then a small movement caught his eye on the right side of the doorway.

He shot at the right side of the doorway, and his bullet struck wood. One of the guards had swung the door slightly closed, and he had fallen for it. No sooner had the sound of the impact resounded along the corridor, than one of the guards emerged behind the door, gun at the ready. Venn realized the door was both decoy and cover. On instinct, he dropped to one knee, readjusted his aim, and blew the guard's brains out. Behind him, the walls were once again shredded as the bullets flew over his head. Venn expected the next few rounds to shred him as the guard's arm swung down. Instead, he heard the dry click of a firing pin striking nothing - the guard's gun had been almost empty, after all.

'One more round, two people left,' he had time to think. He focused again on the now partially obstructed doorway, some part of his brain shouting that the other guard would come from the left side this time. That part of his brain was wrong; it turned out, as the remaining guard also emerged behind the door. Venn had been caught unawares, but the guard stumbled slightly as his foot struck the corpse of his now-dead comrade.

Venn knew this was his only opportunity, and in life-or-death situations such an opportunity had to be taken advantage of. Seeing that the remaining guard also had his gun angled to shoot upwards - toward the head - Venn dove down, rolling slightly to his left. His left shoulder was braced for impact, while his right arm remained outstretched as he readjusted his aim to compensate for his movement. He was counting on the guard not being able to swing the gun down. Venn grunted as his shoulder hit the carpet, and his aim swung off to one side. The guard, having had to readjust to both the accidental stumble and Venn's sudden movement, started to swing his gun down.

Gunshots rang out.

'Empty,' reported Venn's mental ammo tracker. He had kicked the guard's arm off to one side, and all the remaining rounds in the sub-machine gun were emptied into a different direction. Meanwhile, Venn had corrected his aim and disposed of the last guard. In a flash - surely no more than forty-five seconds - the gunfight was over, two men were down, and ammo was a passing memory.

Venn stood up, re-holstered his empty revolver into a holster on his right thigh, and drew both knives from his ankles. Cautiously, he pushed the door fully open with one shoe. He had to be very careful, because while he was armed, his target - paranoid, after all - might just have a firearm.

He stepped into the room, noting that the door had swung back fully, making concealment in that area improbable. He took a quick survey of the windows - they all looked undisturbed, unlike if someone had tried to jump off one. It meant that the target was now cornered, but most probably armed.

To his left is a lit fireplace, and he edges toward it, being careful not to make any sudden movements. He continued to inch toward it, eventually leaving the door unguarded.

"Here kitty-kitty..." he said, daring the target to move into the open. A closet on the right side of the room - one partially hidden from view by the door - opened, and the target sprang out, heading out through the doorway. Venn, who had been expecting some sort of escape attempt, leaped after the target, knives swinging. He managed to slash at the back of the target's ankle. The target went down hard, screaming his head off and writhing in pain.

Venn slipped both knives back into their holsters, grabbed hold of the target's injured foot - soliciting a fresh round of agonized wails - and dragged him back into the room.

"What- what do you want? Please, spare me!" the target pleaded. "I- I'll pay you double what you're being paid. I'll pay you triple if you tell me who it is," continued the target, trying to bargain now. Venn smiled, bemused as he thought of the way people assumed all syndicate bosses, drug lords or crime kingpins were hardened goons. He had evidence to the contrary now.
Venn let go off the target's leg when they were in front of the fireplace. "I'll tell you who it is, and you won't need to pay me a cent," he told the target. "You see, your wife wasn't too happy when you tried to screw her over the divorce settlements. When you're gone, she gets everything, you see?"
"No. No way. Please, I'll pay you anything you want!"
Venn smiled at this last, desperate plea. It was very uncommon for him, who preferred long-distance hits, to be this close to a target. "Hey," he said, "you really think I'm that unprofessional?"

The man only stared at him, in shock. Obviously, he had been used to buying people out.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt," Venn tells the target. He takes a small metallic case out of his pants’ front right pocket. It contained a syringe and a small vial. "This is a sort of venom that is lethal to small animals, but it only immobilizes humans. Your wife picked it especially for you - think of it as a parting gift." He drew out exactly 10cc of the venom, made sure to get rid of any bubbles, and injected it into the target. He threw the syringe into the fire - he was wearing gloves, so if any part of it survived, he wouldn't have left fingerprints behind. He stowed the case with the vial still inside, back into his pocket.

"You! Hey! I'll live, believe me. Just you wait!" shouts the target at him. Venn just smiles at the sudden outburst of anger.
"Well, we'll see about that, shall we?" he said. Venn headed toward the nearest window, ripped the curtains off and threw them into the fireplace. Fire started to eat through the public, spreading out through the length of the curtain and to the carpet. Venn opened the window - flames needed air, after all - and stepped out of the room.

Venn drove away from the small cabin he rented. He had left nothing but a syringe behind. He had collected the shell casings from his rifle, had left behind no fingerprints or blood - or witnesses. Whatever evidence was left would go up in flames. Slowing down a bit, he turned his phone on, noting that he had five missed calls - the caller had left no messages behind.

The phone rings as he makes to put it down. Venn takes a glance at the number - it said 'number unidentified' - put his bluetooth earphones on and answered it.

"Three fifty-seven?" asked a deep male voice. Venn recognized the voice as that of The Shop's boss. 'Three fifty-seven' was his handle - Venn supposed the powers that be decided to do away with the cliché term 'agents', and had gone on to call them by their firearms. He wondered why his handle wasn't that of his rifle, which he used more. He supposed M107A1 was too long.
"Yes, Venn here," he answered. This was the way they all identified themselves, answering not with their handles, but their name.
"I've just watched the news. Great job."
"Thanks."
"Perhaps you would be available for another?"
Venn's eyebrows scrunched up at the question. "I'm not really in the mood to make contact with another client," he said.
"No, no, you misunderstand me. This one... is an extermination. Consider it a personal favor to me."
Venn sighed at the phrase 'extermination'. It meant a hit on one of his colleagues. And since when did the big boss need to ask for personal favors anyway? "Ok. Tell me who."
"Ah, I knew you wouldn't let me down, three fifty-seven. You'll like this one. It's forty-four. I'll send the files to your e-mail."
The irony struck Venn. Forty-four was another magnum, just as his handle was. He glanced at his watch again. "Ok, boss. I'll report back when I get those files."
"Good. I'll leave you alone now. I believe you have to drive six hours?"
"Yes. Goodbye."

The call disconnected. Venn wasn't bothered that the boss didn't bid him goodbye or wish him luck. What bothered him was this extermination job out of the blue. Shaking his head, he plugged his mp3 player into the car's stereo system and turned the volume to max. Soon, the car was enveloped in loud rock music - couldn't afford to fall asleep at sixty miles an hour, after all.
...​

That was rather long...

Notes:
- Yes, the main character's name is Venn. Like the diagram.
- Yes, I'm also aware that an M107A1 is more an anti-materiel rifle than anti-personnel. Kind of overkill, but most targets are heavily protected, so...
- Also, yes, I'm aware I posted an excerpt earlier where a character gets called XY-357. They're not the same character.

PS
Hope it's not too... graphic? Did the sequences get through clearly?

PPS
Hey, everyone has a name history now at their profiles, so in case someone changes names again, it's easier to keep track.

EDIT: Some continuity, grammatical and factual errors. Every other surviving errors are mine [I blame my crappy editor!!!].

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got back after my PC decided to give me the finger. It took 3 days to repair it, and around a week, maybe two without internet before that. Anyways, I'm back.

My NaNoWriMo novel is obviously screwed, but I'm still pushing it as far as it can go until the deadline. I figure I ought to show some dedication regardless of my prospects of actually finishing. I might post up a small excerpt later on.

So, anyway... the challenge. Hm...

Well, I consider my two worst weaknesses in writing stories to be naming my characters [dunno, never was good with names] and writing sequences with a lot of actions [the words never seem to fit the images in my head]. I'm not sure how I can write something related to names [working on it, though; you'll see how weird my naming is in a bit] so I'll go with the action sequences then...

"There are two ways to stop an opponent or target. You make him unable to continue or you make him submit," said a voice inside Venn's head. It was the doctrine that had been ingrained into his mind, his instincts - his very existence, perhaps. The problem was, he was also taught that submission wasn't an option, at least not for them; and 'unable to continue' translated roughly to 'dead as a doornail'.

A stream of garbled, shrilly-shouted and - at least to Venn - unintelligible words issued forth from the room at the end of the corridor. Venn thought it resembled Russian. "You won't get me, whoever you are!" called out the voice again, as the speaker switched abruptly to English.

The pronouncement was followed by sporadic gunfire that hit the carpeting and the wall, but was otherwise of no consequence. Venn was hiding behind a corner where the room's wall met that of the corridor's, well-shielded from gunfire.

'How many damn guards did this paranoid wacko hire?' he thought to himself. Already about a dozen or so armed men lined the corridors, side rooms and stairs. Each of these men had a gaping bullet wound on his head, some on the temple, others between the eyes, and yet others on the neck - or what little of their necks remained, anyhow.

Another spray of bullets came forth from the room at the end of the corridor. Venn wondered if the guards were starting to run out of ammo yet. He knew from the corpses of the other guards that the weapons were 9mm sub-machine guns - MP5s or something. He knew from the lack of ricocheting - something that worked in his favor - that the rounds were of the hollow-point variety. He had stuck to his training so far, and aside from a few cuts and bruises, he was relatively unscathed. He did not wish to make a mistake now. Shootouts almost never end well if one was outnumbered and outgunned, regardless of what the movies wanted one to believe.

'And speaking of ammo...' he thought to himself as he looked down on his gun, a Colt Python with a six-inch barrel. He had three rounds left in the cylinder - hollow-point 357's. He checked his pants’ front left pocket and found it empty - the rear left pocket was jingling with the shell casings he had previously fired - couldn't very well leave those behind.

He wished, as he had on so many previous instances within the last twenty or so minutes, that he could have used the M107A1 instead. The house - mansion, whatever they called it nowadays - stood atop a hill, and his target, being a much smaller man, left him without a clear shot especially since his guards stuck so close to him. He did take out some of the guards with the decidedly overpowered rifle, but the target had predictably withdrawn inside. To Venn, this meant two things: first, the target has no means of escape unless he was out of the picture; and second, he had to go into the rather veritable fortress full of armed guards. And here he was, less than half an hour later, outnumbered three to one counting the target.

Another burst of gunfire further shredded the carpeting and the fake wooden panels on the wall - it all looked like a ghastly mess now. Venn, who was concentrating on counting shots, noted that there were three less shots compared to earlier salvos. 'Out of ammo or trying to lure me in?' he wondered.

Venn checked his watch. He was not sure if his target had actually dared call the police - that entailed explaining his small private army of bodyguards. But then again, a man in panic - especially one so paranoid - was unfathomable to a fault. If the target did, his hand would be forced. Venn knew that other than his firearm, all he had were three knives. One each on knife holsters on both ankles - the way commandos wore them on TV - and a butterfly knife hidden on his left sleeve. He had no explosives, because he was too uncomfortable with them, though admittedly some would be a lot of help considering present circumstances.

"I have called for backup! Whoever you are, you'd better be prepared to die here!" called out the voice again. Venn checked his watch again. He was not sure if this last pronouncement was a bluff or not, but he figured any backup would be heading towards them with accelerators floored. It was time to move in, like it or not.

"I've got three more rounds!" Venn shouted back - it was the first time he had spoken at all since the carnage began. "Those two with you better be good at catching bullets, or I'll still have one left for you after I'm done with them!" With that implied threat - always good to have every small psychological advantage - Venn made his move.

The next few seconds were a blur.

Venn emerged from the corner he was hiding behind, gun at the ready. He knew the guards wore vests, so head shots were the way to go. The doorway of the room at the end of the corridor was empty. For a moment, he just stood there, his gaze switching back and forth from left to right. Then a small movement caught his eye on the right side of the doorway.

He shot at the right side of the doorway, and his bullet struck wood. One of the guards had swung the door slightly closed, and he had fallen for it. No sooner had the sound of the impact resounded along the corridor, than one of the guards emerged behind the door, gun at the ready. Venn realized the door was both decoy and cover. On instinct, he dropped to one knee, readjusted his aim, and blew the guard's brains out. Behind him, the walls were once again shredded as the bullets flew over his head. Venn expected the next few rounds to shred him as the guard's arm swung down. Instead, he heard the dry click of a firing pin striking nothing - the guard's gun had been almost empty, after all.

'One more round, two people left,' he had time to think. He focused again on the now partially obstructed doorway, some part of his brain shouting that the other guard would come from the left side this time. That part of his brain was wrong; it turned out, as the remaining guard also emerged behind the door. Venn had been caught unawares, but the guard stumbled slightly as his foot struck the corpse of his now-dead comrade.

Venn knew this was his only opportunity, and in life-or-death situations such an opportunity had to be taken advantage of. Seeing that the remaining guard also had his gun angled to shoot upwards - toward the head - Venn dove down, rolling slightly to his left. His left shoulder was braced for impact, while his right arm remained outstretched as he readjusted his aim to compensate for his movement. He was counting on the guard not being able to swing the gun down. Venn grunted as his shoulder hit the carpet, and his aim swung off to one side. The guard, having had to readjust to both the accidental stumble and Venn's sudden movement, started to swing his gun down.

Gunshots rang out.

'Empty,' reported Venn's mental ammo tracker. He had kicked the guard's arm off to one side, and all the remaining rounds in the sub-machine gun were emptied into a different direction. Meanwhile, Venn had corrected his aim and disposed of the last guard. In a flash - surely no more than forty-five seconds - the gunfight was over, two men were down, and ammo was a passing memory.

Venn stood up, re-holstered his empty revolver into a holster on his right thigh, and drew both knives from his ankles. Cautiously, he pushed the door fully open with one shoe. He had to be very careful, because while he was armed, his target - paranoid, after all - might just have a firearm.

He stepped into the room, noting that the door had swung back fully, making concealment in that area improbable. He took a quick survey of the windows - they all looked undisturbed, unlike if someone had tried to jump off one. It meant that the target was now cornered, but most probably armed.

To his left is a lit fireplace, and he edges toward it, being careful not to make any sudden movements. He continued to inch toward it, eventually leaving the door unguarded.

"Here kitty-kitty..." he said, daring the target to move into the open. A closet on the right side of the room - one partially hidden from view by the door - opened, and the target sprang out, heading out through the doorway. Venn, who had been expecting some sort of escape attempt, leaped after the target, knives swinging. He managed to slash at the back of the target's ankle. The target went down hard, screaming his head off and writhing in pain.

Venn slipped both knives back into their holsters, grabbed hold of the target's injured foot - soliciting a fresh round of agonized wails - and dragged him back into the room.

"What- what do you want? Please, spare me!" the target pleaded. "I- I'll pay you double what you're being paid. I'll pay you triple if you tell me who it is," continued the target, trying to bargain now. Venn smiled, bemused as he thought of the way people assumed all syndicate bosses, drug lords or crime kingpins were hardened goons. He had evidence to the contrary now.
Venn let go off the target's leg when they were in front of the fireplace. "I'll tell you who it is, and you won't need to pay me a cent," he told the target. "You see, your wife wasn't too happy when you tried to screw her over the divorce settlements. When you're gone, she gets everything, you see?"
"No. No way. Please, I'll pay you anything you want!"
Venn smiled at this last, desperate plea. It was very uncommon for him, who preferred long-distance hits, to be this close to a target. "Hey," he said, "you really think I'm that unprofessional?"

The man only stared at him, in shock. Obviously, he had been used to buying people out.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt," Venn tells the target. He takes a small metallic case out of his pants’ front right pocket. It contained a syringe and a small vial. "This is a sort of venom that is lethal to small animals, but it only immobilizes humans. Your wife picked it especially for you - think of it as a parting gift." He drew out exactly 10cc of the venom, made sure to get rid of any bubbles, and injected it into the target. He threw the syringe into the fire - he was wearing gloves, so if any part of it survived, he wouldn't have left fingerprints behind. He stowed the case with the vial still inside, back into his pocket.

"You! Hey! I'll live, believe me. Just you wait!" shouts the target at him. Venn just smiles at the sudden outburst of anger.
"Well, we'll see about that, shall we?" he said. Venn headed toward the nearest window, ripped the curtains off and threw them into the fireplace. Fire started to eat through the public, spreading out through the length of the curtain and to the carpet. Venn opened the window - flames needed air, after all - and stepped out of the room.

Venn drove away from the small cabin he rented. He had left nothing but a syringe behind. He had collected the shell casings from his rifle, had left behind no fingerprints or blood - or witnesses. Whatever evidence was left would go up in flames. Slowing down a bit, he turned his phone on, noting that he had five missed calls - the caller had left no messages behind.

The phone rings as he makes to put it down. Venn takes a glance at the number - it said 'number unidentified' - put his bluetooth earphones on and answered it.

"Three fifty-seven?" asked a deep male voice. Venn recognized the voice as that of The Shop's boss. 'Three fifty-seven' was his handle - Venn supposed the powers that be decided to do away with the cliché term 'agents', and had gone on to call them by their firearms. He wondered why his handle wasn't that of his rifle, which he used more. He supposed M107A1 was too long.
"Yes, Venn here," he answered. This was the way they all identified themselves, answering not with their handles, but their name.
"I've just watched the news. Great job."
"Thanks."
"Perhaps you would be available for another?"
Venn's eyebrows scrunched up at the question. "I'm not really in the mood to make contact with another client," he said.
"No, no, you misunderstand me. This one... is an extermination. Consider it a personal favor to me."
Venn sighed at the phrase 'extermination'. It meant a hit on one of his colleagues. And since when did the big boss need to ask for personal favors anyway? "Ok. Tell me who."
"Ah, I knew you wouldn't let me down, three fifty-seven. You'll like this one. It's forty-four. I'll send the files to your e-mail."
The irony struck Venn. Forty-four was another magnum, just as his handle was. He glanced at his watch again. "Ok, boss. I'll report back when I get those files."
"Good. I'll leave you alone now. I believe you have to drive six hours?"
"Yes. Goodbye."

The call disconnected. Venn wasn't bothered that the boss didn't bid him goodbye or wish him luck. What bothered him was this extermination job out of the blue. Shaking his head, he plugged his mp3 player into the car's stereo system and turned the volume to max. Soon, the car was enveloped in loud rock music - couldn't afford to fall asleep at sixty miles an hour, after all.
...​

That was rather long...

Notes:
- Yes, the main character's name is Venn. Like the diagram.
- Yes, I'm also aware that an M107A1 is more an anti-materiel rifle than anti-personnel. Kind of overkill, but most targets are heavily protected, so...
- Also, yes, I'm aware I posted an excerpt earlier where a character gets called XY-357. They're not the same character.

PS
Hope it's not too... graphic? Did the sequences get through clearly?

PPS
Hey, everyone has a name history now at their profiles, so in case someone changes names again, it's easier to keep track.

EDIT: Some continuity, grammatical and factual errors. Every other surviving errors are mine [I blame my crappy editor!!!].
It's easy to picture, and as well to understand. Might put a bit more detail into the scenery to better describe the area.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've actually done the impossible and made a misnomer on a short narrative where only one character is directly identified. :wtf: As you can clearly see, three fifty-seven [357] is the caliber of the ammunition, rather than the name of the firearm. Darn it! :nayps3:

PS
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating [we don't have thanksgiving in the Philippines]

Reactions: 1 person

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just got back - A Levels have been beating me black and blue. In any case,I consider my weakest point to be action or fighting sequences too, like Shinigami, so to sort that out, I wrote an action sequence out in my book:

It was fortunate I did, for a second later, and the great axe that Leven had just swung at me would have cleaved me in two. Leven or the spirit possessing him, in its anger turned towards Kaelani, who had yet not stirred, and lifted the axe for another blow. In that instant, I knew I could not, no matter what the cost, let that blow fall. Though I knew it were probably hopeless, I threw myself at Kaelani, sweeping her up in my arms with a strength I had not known I possessed as the blade fell. The blade missed Kaelani, but it caught my trailing hamstring, and tore it clean from the bone, leaving it hanging by a bare thread of skin. The searing pain brought me instantly to my knees, and as I fell, I felt Kaelani awaken, and noticing my grimace of pain, she shot awake and leapt off my arms with incredible grace, throwing herself over my back. I just about managed to turn my head, and watched with amazement as she faced this beast of a man. There was no fear in her eyes, just a selfless determination, as she drew her blades and leapt at him forcing Leven to dodge backwards. Kaelani then began to move towards him, keeping me guarded by her body at every moment. I would have never thought it possible, but blow by blow, Kaelani’s passion and determination forced Leven back, inch by inch. Kaelani’s strength seemed to turn superhuman for the fight, as the great blows of the axe barely seemed to stall her. Blow by blow, Kaelani’s passion won through and she soon stabbed Leven through the heart, so cleanly that I heard Leven groan in pain. He bent, and placed a hand on his chest, before falling off the blade, which was stained black.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got an idea. Maybe I can try running a serial [most prob fortnightly to allow me time to write it] on my blog here. Might be a lot of work, but it's boring [yes, even as Christmas approaches] here, so...

PS

Yep, Dec 1 over here... I've officially failed my first ever attempt at NaNoWriMo. Darn it. But, hey, it was cool, definitely gonna try it again next year [end-of-the-world stories might be the trend by then, if you believe the Mayans].

Also, I will still post that excerpt I promised.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn...

First off, sorry for teh double post.

Second... Urgh... What a noob mistake on my part... :blink: If you read my last submitted piece carefully, you'll find it says "Fire started to eat through the public..." Public?!?! Darn it, that's not even anywhere close to 'fabric'. Raaaargh! :nayps3:

If I didn't self-edit, I'd have killed my editor by now [death by shame is still plausible, though].

Anyway, I promised to post up a small excerpt of my failed [feel free to call me a loser] NaNoWriMo novel. It's now become another WIP.

Hope you guys like it.

Approximately six and a half years ago…

Matthew stood on wobbly knees that threatened to collapse from right under him as they shook. He was leaning with his back against the door to the rooftop, and despite the sufficient cloud cover and the cool breeze that sailed by, he was sweating profusely. He looked down at her, kneeling down in front of him.

“Are you… are you sure about this?” he asked her.
She looked up at him, her bright blue eyes shining, her hair swaying ever so slightly with the breeze. “You worry too much,” she said in what was almost a scolding tone, though the way her lips curled upwards assured him she was joking.

There was the sound of a zipper being opened as she bent back down to what she was doing.

“Oh, man… This is gonna hurt, isn’t it?”
“Sheesh, such a baby,” she mocked. “You’ll feel a lot better when I’m done, ok? Now keep it up, just like that,” she instructed. “And stop those knees from shaking.”
“Ok… ok.” Matthew took some deep breaths until he could get his knees under control.
“Good. Here we go.”

Matthew looked up at the clouds directly overhead, trying to remain calm all the while. Meanwhile, he felt her as she started to work. It was cool, and rather moist, and he did start to feel better. He glanced down at her again. She continued for a while, and as though feeling him stare at her, she looked up again.

“What?” she asked as she paused for a while.
“Nothing.”
“Well, I’m still cleaning it, ok?”
“Ok, yeah.”
“Good. Close your eyes if you want. And try not to kick, ok?”
“Why would I kick you?” he asked her, finding the notion incredulous.
“Well, you’ll find out in a bit,” she answered, grinning.

Matthew felt a lump in his throat and swallowed - his mouth was dry. He decided to take her advice and closed his eyes. Then a bolt of pain shot through his left leg, and it was all he could do not to kick out as he started to collapse.

“Whoa. You ok?” she asked him. Beside her, a small pouch containing a first aid kit lay open, and a bottle of alcohol started to spill as it tumbled over.
“Yes. Sorry.”
She recapped the bottle of alcohol and took out some gauze. “I told you to hold that pants leg up,” she said.
“Oh,” said Matthew as he saw it was too late. The blood from his cut had already stained it.
“Never mind. Just keep it out of the way so I can dress it.”

Matthew pulled the pants leg up again and bent his knee slightly so she can wind the gauze around his leg. She covered the area around the cut with Betadine and started to dress the wound.

NOTES:
- First off, I understand it's hard to 'get it' without proper context and whatnot, so here's the synopsis...

Matthew is a resident of a mental health facility for troubled children. The only survivor of a yet-unsolved house fire that left him orphaned at the age of 12 (he is 18, turning 19 currently), he is brooding, apathetic, and introverted. The only clear link to his past are snippets of stories about a girl he refers to as "princess".
Enter Kiera, a brilliant post-grad psychology major. She takes immediate interest in his case, and hatches a plan to get him to open up about his past - assume the identity of his mysterious "princess".
As she delves into his mind, multiple avenues to a dark past open, not just in his mind, but hers as well. Just as a breakthrough is imminent, Matthew gets set to be released by the facility. What happens next, and how their pasts affect their present and future, is anybody's guess.

- It's a flashback. Matthew and the girl [his "princess", who is unnamed in the flashbacks so far] are hiding at the school rooftop.
- Yes, it's a dark, dark story. Even the humor is dark [does it work here? humor's not my forte].
- I find that this is my only WIP where the characters have somewhat normal names.
- Yes, the beginning of the flashback does seem somewhat... suggestive [like I said, dark humor]? Much of the first few chapters [which at the moment is all that's been written so far] depends on increments of selective disinformation, such as seen here.

What do you guys think?

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As Shinigami's done it, I may as well too. I went for nanowrimo this year too, but it's a WIP too, so take a look guys:

It is said these words are written at the site of the Necromancer’s Tower, engraved on the only stone that still stands of that accursed place:
“So did we call twelve of our own to us, year, after year. Of those who came, half would fall, and half would rise greater than before. Through mastery of death they fought, and those that fell would rise again, but under the control of their conqueror. Year after year this ritual persevered, until the year this stone was broken. Upon that black day, we accepted the thirteenth. The twelve could not vie with him, so great was his power. Twelve alone, or Twelve together, it was all the same to him, so great was his knowledge of death. Some say he is death incarnate; come to reap vengeance on the arrogance of men who dared to think they could subdue him. We know not, and never will. He, or death, or both and neither at once, stole our life long ago. You men and women, who think you have the power to face him, stay your blades. They will not avail you, and I fear no man’s hand has power to do him harm. Rather, if you read these words, warn the others. Warn them of this man, so all may know what walks this earth. For us, it is too late, but not so for humanity.”
And carved underneath, by the hand of another, far more skilled than the first, it is written:
Requiescat en pace.
Ice:
At the birth of the world, it was said that all was encased in ice. The shadow who sat in his palace of ice, far from the eyes of living mortals, knew this better than anyone. The shadow was a strange thing, with body of a man, but skin of the darkest night, and a broad flame sheathed at his waist. Those who knew him, or of him, referred to him as the Shadow of the North, but as for his true name, it had long been lost to the mists of time. It is said he was one of the first to leave the tower where the dead walk, and that his first conquest had been a titan from the south who had fallen before his icy glares. In any case, he had an army that was as formidable as it was numerous. Over many years, he had collected the souls of those unfortunate enough to wander into his realm, often walking out personally when his minions detected one close to death in the frozen wasteland he called home. It was one such summons that drew him from his rest today. As he raised his head, he heard the call of his undead servant, and whilst the news itself did not surprise him, the amendment that the being made before ceasing to exist had him upon his feet in an instant, groping for his staff. It was said this stranger carried a staff inset with the onyx of Sakkal– the unspoken sign of a necromancer.
The thought of adding another necromancer to his army was what held the shadow’s mind as he strode towards the site where the stranger had been found. Though he was aware that it would have been far easier to use his power, or his slaves to carry him there, he did not want to become careless, or celebrate victory before it had been declared. Although this necromancer appeared weak, possibly to the point of death, he remained yet a threat. The shadow did not wish to fall due to his foolishness in underestimating the strength of what could be a stronger foe than him. So, as he slowly approached, he sensed the air for any unusual auras pervading around him, and found none but his own, and that of another, far weaker. So, accepting that all was well, he strode confidently into the ring of undead that surrounded the stranger.
Fire:
The shadows first impression was a twinge of disappointment, for the man did not look anything like the formidable and powerful opponent the shadow had been expecting.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good guys.
@Shyam: A little confusing, but I get the gist of it. Are you heavy into lore in your writings?

I guess my weakness is I hurry things along because I enjoy getting something done fast. I'll type out a action sequence from scratch too see if I can describe it well enough.

I took the corner on almost two wheels as I raced towards my destination. My two companions sat on my right in my small 4 cylinder pickup. They were holding onto anything firm enough to be held. I slowed down a bit taking pity on them since we were near our destination. It was a small grocery story (well in comparison to the all in one store down the street), and it so happened to be the place where another one of my companions worked. Our mission was to rescue him, or confirm his death.

As I swung into the parking lot, I noticed the many cars that lay crooked and out of place. Most of which had their doors opened and a few car alarms still sounded. There were a few people who looked sound of mind, and they looked like some of the people I knew in high school. I pulled in front of them, and noticed the many cuts and bruises the covered them. As we got out, they looked at us and begged us to shoot them. They pointed wildly to the many bite marks that dotted them, and I knew that they were too far gone.. I nodded to Jackie and Jordan who had the silenced pistols. I looked away as they were released. I pulled out my cell phone and made a call to Tony. On the final ring he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Thank God Tony, you're alive."

"Sterling? Hey, I need some help. I'm stuck on the top shelf. My Boss is chewing on my shoe and several of my co-workers are dead. It seems that it's finally happening." All the while, he had this tone of disbelief and I wondered if he really believed that, or just that his boss finally snapped.

"Have you been bitten Tony?"

"No, but soon or later this bitch is going to find the ladder I used to get up here."

"Alright, hold on. Which side are you near?"

"Pharmacy, make a bit of noise so this bitch will forget about me."

I hung up. The pharmacy was on the left side of the store. I made my way over there and walked in. Pausing a bit to grab some medications for later use. I strode to the isle Tony was stranded on and yelled at the thing attacking his shoe on the floor.

"Hey you bitch, I want my money back!"

She looked at me and began a shambling run at me. I pulled out my pistol, slapped the safety off and shot a couple rounds at her legs. She fell and caught herself with her hands at tried to get back up.

"Sterling look out behind you!"

I whirled to see a crippled man limping towards me.

"Tony, Get down from there ad run to the truck!" I shot the man twice. One in the chest, the other in the head. Old video game trick I used. Tony had already rushed down the same isle and pushed his crazed boss into a freezer as she was still trying to get up.

"Okay, let's get the hell out of here." I said.

"Wait, lemme grab some of Melvin's favourite wine." He said.

"Okay, but hurry. I'll be waiting by the entrance."

Around ten minutes passed, and I began to worry. So I ran to the wine isle. I found him lying there in a pool of wine and blood. I helped him up and I noticed the large gashes in his side. From the looks of it, he had fallen on some broken glass after he slipped. The pieces were still inside him, so I had to be ginger in moving him. When we finally got out of the building, I found that Jackie and Jordan had already drove around to where I went in. They helped me pile him in the back and helped me force some pain pills down his throat. We gingerly pulled the pieces of glass out of him, and made sure he wouldn't fly out as I drove as fast as I could to get him to our doctor Ross.

Okay, not as action oriented as I'd have liked, but there ya' go.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Sterling - Yeah, I am. A lot of my writing leans into lore and mythology - elements, magic, ect - it comes as part of the fantasy element. I'm my school's qualified "loremaster" according to friends.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@shyam - Yeah, the excerpt almost feels like a high fantasy novel.
@sterling - As long as you get an edit in, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. In any case, all first drafts require some degree of editing, anyway.

I just realize my other big weakness that I'd prob have the worst time trying to rectify is my inability to write a semi-decent love story. Romance is just so out of my grasp. I could prob write sexual tension, but not outright "fall into each other's arms" romance. Though being a "slow burn" writer might help me in that aspect. Just let it develop until it's right.

Anyway, are we planning anything for christmas?

PS
Still planning that "serial" idea of mine... Hm...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right you are Shinigami357. I just put something up pertaining to Christmas. Especially since we're just under 2 weeks 'til Christmas.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man a Christmas story... I can't write dark fiction for this challenge... hm... :ninja: Gotta think this one through.

I'll just do one for the zoom out challenge. Took me a while to figure out something good enough to write about with this one

John Doe. That's all it says, in black, no-nonsense block letters. The rest is white.

The rest of what you ask? The rest of this tome's cover. There is no cover illustration, author's name, publisher's name, year of publication, NY Times book review. And there surely isn't a price. Just the name.

Let's flip open the cover. Again, spartan as ever. No dedications, copyright pages, table of contents, author's notes, introductions. Nothing. The top of the first page says July 21, 1991, in the same font as the title's. There are a couple of paragraphs that follow, and nothing else. No photos, annotations, references, or even a page number. The pages are rather rough, white paper. I honestly expected something glossier.

What is this book you may ask? Well, it's my biography. First off, no, my name isn't "John Doe". I can't tell you what my real name is. Second, no, I didn't write this book. It writes itself. That's right, the book writes itself, or rather, re-writes and edits itself.

Ok, I'll back up. Let's look at the book again. It's thick as hell. The last page is another date, some time in the future. Pardon me if I don't tell you what date it is, or what it says. The last page is when I die, you see. Yes, the first page was the day I was born.

We flip it over, and the back cover is even more depressingly empty. There's nothing there at all.

There's one of these books for everyone. From the powers that be to the dying, malnourished children in some far reaches of a desert in the middle of nowhere. No one knows how they're made, or how they do what they do. They show up somewhere, fully-written. No one even really believed they really existed until a few days ago. And the crux of it all is, you don't get to own your copy.

You see, each copy is regulated. They keep them in some database somewhere, so they can see what each and every one of us has done, is doing and will do. Like I said, the book rewrites itself. If you - and more importantly, they - do something enough to make it change, that is.

So how did I end up with my copy? Well, I can't tell you that. If you can maybe read what I did a few days ago in this book, you'll know. But I'll be damned if anyone gets it from me. I just wrote this to inform all of you. Your life is in this book, and it's in their hands.
...​
NOTES:​

- I'm sure I didn't follow the exact rules of the challenge. Sorry.
- This is partly inspired by the idea [and the book/stories that stemmed from it] called The Machine of Death.
- The end sounded quite dystopian. Loved the last line, though, so I just had to include it.

Might take me a while to do the Christmas one. Hm... Surely I can forge a dark narrative and make it fit the season? :ninja:

PS

Apparently, serials are supposed to be exciting, coz they're broken up into chapters. So if I do follow through with the idea of making one [prob post it here and in my languishing Tumblr], I think I might use the storyline I posted for the "what's your weakness" challenge. After heavy editing, of course.

As it is, I'm up to my elbows in research. Fun times.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for double post
Here's the story. I also uploaded it on the website.
WARNING: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO ADULT CONTENT, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE RULES SAY SO, BUT THE CONTENT ISN'T OBVIOUS
"Silver, can I come in?" a singsong voice emitted from behind the wooden door. "Sure," Silver replied. He was in the middle of managing the onslaught of bills, when his sister Violet skipped into the room. "Big brother, I have a really big question for you." she said in an innocent voice. "Go for it" Silver sighed and continued calculating. "Can my friend stay in our house for a while-" she managed to blurt out as Silver interrupted her, "Is your friend a boy? If so, then no." "No, she's a girl. Her house was burned down, and I wanted to help her out," Violet replied. She had a great deal of friends because she modeled clothes. "She's a sweet girl, and, well, maybe you could work something out so she can stay here. I mean, she's really famous. Her name is Rose, and she actually won several beauty pageants! Please, Silver!" Violet begged. "All right, I'll make arrangements for her." Silver sweetly replied. Inside, he just hoped that this "friend" wouldn't be like the last one that came.
Silver was a tall and slim wolf. He always wore a metal suit that covered his entire body. Unlike most wolves, Silver was a Magic Wolf. The few of these kind had all the powers you could imagine. He was required to wear this suit most of the time, except for bathing, to balance his power. Under the suit, he had gray fur to match his father's. There was a scar on his chest from when he was a child. Silver was very quiet, and had a solemn atmosphere around him. Although he was 27, he was still a bachelor. Silver had no interest in these relationships. He had founded a computer business called WolfTech. Silver had two siblings; Violet and Sonar. Violet was a beautiful, 23 year old woman who had been raised by Silver himself. Their parents died when Silver was four, so he was forced to take care of his siblings at a young age. Violet's fur was a shade of purple, which kept her name as is. She was engaged with the actor Fire White. Silver's 25 year old brother, Sonar, was a blue-furred singer who's celebrity name was Wolfy S. He was a rapper, and was very popular amongst teens and adults alike. Sonar was in a relationship with the pop singer Sunshine.
Ding-dong! The doorbell chimed as Violet rushed to the door. She swiftly opened it, and gave the wolf a giant hug. Once Violet let go, Silver gazed with no emotion at Rose. She was middle-sized, pink-furred, and long, rosy hair. A calm aura surrounded her, which added to her beauty. "Hello, you must be Silver." Rose inquired in a soothing voice. "Y-yeah, nice to meet you." Silver stumbled. He thought he saw Sonar giving him a thumbs-up, but Silver ignored the gesture. "Let me show you to your room," Silver managed to utter in a flat voice. He couldn't help but notice that she was just beautiful. The household that the three siblings shared was an enormous mansion their parents left them. The guest bedroom was on the first floor, and Silver directed her to the guest room. He felt a little awkward inside, because Violet and Sonar had purposely chose not to follow him. He heard the two giggle. "This is your room. Enjoy your stay." Silver attempted to say with a smile. "Thanks! Wow, this is a very nice room!" she gracefully exclaimed. Her laughter made Silver feel something he never felt.
Later, Silver emerged from the room. Suddenly, he was grabbed in the arms and dragged into the Silent Room. This room sound proof; where you could talk, and no one could hear you. Violet and Sonar let go as Violet shut the door. "Ooh... Silver!" Sonar giggled. "It looks like you have a fancy over my friend!" Violet said. "No, I do not. I don't have time for those relationships." Silver struggled to state these words without blushing. "Oh... all right. But there could be something brewing between you soon!" Sonar snickered. Sighing, Silver pushed the door open and went to his room. There, he lied on his bed and pondered. What was the feeling that he had felt when Rose laughed. Clutching his heart, he yearned to feel it again. It felt, somewhat, good to him. Silver even fell asleep with his hand on his heart, waiting for the feeling to come to him again.
Silver jolted up on his bed. It was 6:00 AM, and he had to get to work at 6:30! Quickly, he dressed himself, said goodbye to his siblings, and rushed off. Instead of driving, Silver teleported to his work. The process took about five minutes. Reaching at the business at 6:30 sharp, Silver gazed at the clock about a million times during his work. Thankfully, he only had to stay at the business until 10:30. At 10:29, Silver counted down three, two, one! Quickly, he packed his belongings and teleported in front of his house. Normally, he would teleport into the house, but he decided not to startle Rose.
Shakily, Silver's hands grasped the house keys, and he slowly unlocked the door. Stepping in, he placed his coat and shoes inside the closet, and rushed upstairs to deposit his things. On his way up the stairs, Silver caught a glimpse of the guest room door opening. She must have just woke up, Silver thought. Most of the time, Violet and Sonar woke up around this time. Once he reached the bottom floor, Silver walked to the kitchen. Suddenly, he was face-to-face with Rose. Startled, Silver stepped back. Rose mimicked the action. "Oh...um...sorry." Silver mumbled an apology. "Uh... Violet told me you'd be coming. She said that I can borrow some things for now." She quietly replied. "Once I finish breakfast, you can tell me everything you need. I'll get it." Silver murmured. Violet was preparing waffles, and she came to slip two into the plate. As she did, Violet whispered in Silver's ear, "Romance!" Batting her away, Silver hastily consumed his waffle. After a great gulp of orange juice, Silver left the kitchen and knocked on Rose's room. She opened the door, and stuttered, "Oh...uh... well, I just need a towel and a toothbrush. They got burned with the fire." "No problem," Silver replied. Leading her into the magnificent bathroom, Silver crouched to find a toothbrush in the closet, finally emerging with a pink one. "Thank you. Now I just need the towel." Rose thanked Silver with a smile. His heart was beating so hard, he was afraid she might hear it. After giving her the towel, Silver rushed into his room, locked it, and started to work. He tried to get Rose out of his mind, but it was difficult for him to.
Life with Rose became a little more relaxed for Silver. He was even starting to forget the feeling in his heart. "I'm going to take a shower!" Silver shouted as he entered the bathroom. Removing his armor, Silver bathed in the warm water. He didn't realize that he'd brought the wrong towel with him. Once he finished the shower, Silver glanced in the mirror, and fixed his hair. In horror, he realized that Rose was behind him. Rotating his head, Silver saw her beauty emanating as she held his towel, " I think you have the wrong towel." It was especially embarrassing because he was nude in front of a guest. Silver quickly snatched the towel as he handed her the other towel. Accidentally, he scraped himself on his old chest wound as he followed suit. "Um... s-sorry about that." Silver stuttered. His blush added to the embarrassment. To his bewilderment, Rose asked him, "Are you all right? You're turning red." "Y-yeah...I'm fine." Silver replied. "Well, you certainly don't look like it! Come out of the shower, I'm a certified nurse!" Rose said, obviously concerned. Rose had Silver sit on the toilet, and she checked his temperature. "Well... your temperature is fine." Her eyes averted to Silver's chest, and she gasped. "Oh my goodness! You're bleeding very badly!" He noticed that there was a slice engraved onto my chest, with blood seeping out of it. "Oh... I'll be fine." Silver stammered as Rose stared at the wound. He got up to put on his clothes, only to be pulled down by Rose, " Oh no, you are not! Wait here, I'll get a first-aid kit." She rushed out of the door. Silver was stunned by her caring reaction. A few seconds later, Rose entered the room with a first-aid kit. She used an alcohol pad to wipe the cut. Silver winced from the pain, but Rose comforted him by saying, "It'll be all right. Don't worry." Her hands felt like silk as they applied gauze across the wound. "There, all better! You feeling okay?" She inquired. "Y-yeah... thanks." he managed to stammer. As Silver put on his suit, Rose watched intently. Her eyes were gleaming with a feeling that Silver could not describe.
"Thanks again for your help." Silver said to Rose in the evening. "I guess you must've felt awkward by being naked in front of me. But don't worry, I don't mind." Rose replied. Silence descended upon the two as they looked at each other with great interest. It was as if they had been statues, looking at each other with the same glitter in their eyes. "Well, I guess I should go now. See you in the morning." Silver broke the silence. Once he exited the room, he was confronted by Violet and Sonar. "What happened to you?" Violet exclaimed. Silver told the two the story. After a small bout of silence, they started to giggle. "What's so funny?" Silver inquired in exasperation. "Romance!" They both replied. Angrily, Silver glided up the stairs and fell asleep instantly.
After a few days, it was decided that the family would be going to the beach. "Check, check, and check!" Sonar checked off a list of important supplies. Rose and Violet had been preparing the food to bring. Silver was packing all of the equipment. Finally, everyone boarded the car, with Silver driving. After about 10 minutes, they reached the beach. "I love the beach." Rose sighed as Silver set up the lounge chairs. For most of the time, Silver rested on the top of a palm tree while Violet, Rose, and Sonar played volleyball in the water. "My suit malfunctions in water, and I cannot take it off in public" Silver told Rose when she inquired. Brrring! Rose's cell-phone erupted in a series of beeps as she went to go pick it up. Eventually, Rose went back to the parking area for more signal. Silver did not realize that she was sitting under his tree until he heard sobs coming from below him. Peering from the tree, he saw Rose sitting on the bench. Her arm had a deep gash on it, and her weeps made Silver's heart gloomy. He quickly leaped off the palm tree and rushed to her side. "What happened to you?" Silver asked as she looked up at him. "S-someone t-tried to h-hurt me. T-they c-cut my a-arm with a k-knife." Rose cried as she caressed her bloody arm. "It's all right, you'll be fine." Silver murmured in Rose's ears as hugged him tight. Trying his best to comfort her, Silver called Sonar. "Hey, someone tried to hurt Rose. They used a knife. Yeah, she's conscious. Listen, I'll take her home. You enjoy with Violet until I come back. Okay?"
Silver took Rose to the guest room. There, he disinfected the slash and applied gauze onto it. "I will give you some pain reliever for your arm. It's a herbal remedy that we use." Silver brought some of the medicine to her, and he meticulously inserted the spoon into her mouth. Suddenly, Rose gave Silver a hug. "Thank you so much, Silver. I really owe you one." she whispered into his ear as she kissed him on the cheek. "Y-you're welcome." Silver replied, dazed and blushing from the sudden action. Rose laughed, and she prepared to go to bed. Once she was tucked in, Silver leaned in and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheeks, "Sweet dreams."
"Definitely romance!" Violet and Sonar recited in unison as Silver explained the situation. "I hope she's all right, though." Violet stated in concern. "I gave her some of the herbal remedy, so she'll be fine." Silver replied. "Yawn! I'm tired! Good night, everyone!" Sonar sleepily stated as he trudged up the stairs. Violet followed suit and retreated to her room. Instead of going to his room, Silver quietly walked over to the guest room. He knocked on the door softly. Rose opened the door, startled to see Silver there. "Hi, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked. "S-sure, I guess." Rose shakily replied. He entered the room and sat on the bed, with Rose beside him. "So how's your arm?" Silver asked. "Good. About today..." Rose started. "It's all right, Rose. No big deal. Who were you talking to, anyway?" "Oh, just one of my friends." "So how did you get attacked then?" "Look, it's...it was like someone just crept up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, startled. It was some brown-furred wolf. He said, 'Come here, sweetie.' I backed up, but another wolf was behind me. That wolf grasped me by the arms. 'Now play nice, honey.' the first wolf said. He brought a knife on me, and I screamed. Then, he sliced it in my arms. They left, and I sat there in horror. Then you came, and you know the story from there." Silver could see tears welling up in Rose's eyes. "Come here, Rose. It's all right." Silver reached in to comfort Rose as she started to cry. "It w-was s-so scary! I t-thought I w-was g-going to d-die!" Rose sobbed as she hugged Silver. "Stop crying, Rose. It's over. Don't cry." Silver tried his best to comfort her. She eventually succumbed to the warmth of Silver's body. "Y-your b-body is s-so warm. I t-think I'd l-like to s-stay here f-for a while." Rose said in a quiet voice. Silver then released his grip for a minute, What did she just say? Rose smiled, and leaned in to kiss Silver on the lips. He blushed at the action. Slowly, Silver began to realize the message. He'd never felt his heart burning like it was before. They started kissing passionately, with their arms embraced around each other. After the bout of romance, Silver gave Rose one final kiss, "Good night, Rose."
Silver woke up to a muffled screaming sound. Silver mumbled and tried to fall back to sleep, but the muffling sound came, and it was coming from downstairs. Now fully alert, Silver crept downstairs. The racket was coming from the guest room! Silver dashed into the room, and witnessed a horrific event. There was a brown-furred wolf in bed with Rose, grunting as her screams muffled into a tape sealed on her mouth. In fury, Silver lunged at the wolf. "No, you are not!" Silver screamed as the brown wolf started flailing. After a slur of close combat, Silver finished the battle with a bite to the neck. Slumped, Silver tossed the body outside of the broken window. Carefully, he peeled the tape from Rose's mouth. Her eyes were glazed with fear. Once the tape was removed, she gasped and started panting. Tears were streaming down her face. "Thank g-god you're here!" she exclaimed. Then, she started sobbing. Poor girl has been through too much, Silver thought. "This, I promise, will never happen again! I'm so sorry, Rose." Silver embraced her as he murmured these words into her ears. "I'm... sorry." he repeated. Rose felt something warm and wet roll down her arm. "You're... crying?" Rose inquired softly. "I've failed, Rose. I guess it's time to confess. Ever since you came, I've tried to protect you. I wanted you to think that I was cool. That I was actually somebody. When I first saw you, I felt a feeling that I couldn't describe. Now, I have a clear understanding of what the feeling was, Rose. It was love. I've loved you for a long time. How could I tell you when I probably looked really bad to you?" Silver shakily replied. "Well, then I should confess too. When I first saw you, I felt a calm aura radiating from you. It added to your handsomeness. I just saw pure coolness in you. You were so handsome, and you were so sweet to me. Truth is, I loved you too. I couldn't help but get excited when you were near me. But it was as if you had no feelings for me. I thought you didn't love me." Rose confided. After a moment of silence, Rose flew into Silver's arms, joyful tears flooding from her eyes.
"Romance! Romance! ROMANCE!" Sonar cheered as Silver and Rose exchanged rings. He was oblivious to the awkward stares he received. Both Silver's and Rose's eyes were gleaming as the wedding was announced. After the declaration, Rose leaped into Silver's arms and locked lips with him. In his black tuxedo, Silver was as dashing as ever. Suddenly, the crowd went quiet. In confusion, the newly-wedded couple gazed at the entrance. Violet stood there, with a huge smile on her face. Suddenly, she started to chant, "Romance!" One by one, people started to follow the chant. Silver blushed during the chants, and he guessed that Rose was too. After a few minutes of chanting, the wedding procession ends. The couple then drives away with a new car that says Silver + Rose.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Shiny Jellicent - Dude, PCs have Enter buttons... Give us a few lines of space between paragraphs. Like I said, no great shakes at romance, so I don't particularly have anything to say.

PS

Love how Silver just throws the dead [I assume it was] wolf's body outta the window. Like a total boss.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shiny Jellicent - Dude, PCs have Enter buttons... Give us a few lines of space between paragraphs. Like I said, no great shakes at romance, so I don't particularly have anything to say.

PS

Love how Silver just throws the dead [I assume it was] wolf's body outta the window. Like a total boss.
It was spaced, but I guess the format changed. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/lead-poisoning/cinnamon-recall-lead-poisoning?&utm_source=sfmc&...