Hacking GC Backup Launcher Support

raven77wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea love the game cube loader but can someone help me i cant play wii games at all i go to my regular lancher then the thing says backup loader in green and i can select any thing i press x when it said +wii backup loader and i try to unistall it and install back the wii lancher ios can some one help tell me if i have to dl some other lancher or do i need a channal or what to do plz thx

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't know if anybody have noticed this issue, but when loading a gc game normally it doesn't detect my save game on my memory card, but when i boot with the patched mios, it does detect the save game. so there is a bug in the loader with this...

but anyway, Mario Party 6 PAL works flawlesly with a dvd+rw from 1.4gb

Wiimote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fight Night Round 2 NTSC-PAL

works perfectly
biggrin.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cxprt said:
Edit: Eh wtf I was playing this earlier today on crappy GCboot over SD..... and my file is suddenly not there but I know it is cus it shows up on the wii file manager.

SD-booted games saved different, they're missing the first ID section of the save name so you'll either have to add that it (If you know it, or you can get it by saving on a GC memory card and extracting it) or live without those saves.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i should buy an offical nintendo gamecube memory card not the nyko brand? also can mios install over each other? is there way to boot from the disc channel casue when i press start from it turns off the power and it goes back on to the main menu. and also what mios should i use to get mutil iso games to work with the disc channel?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The MIOS is IOS257, you can only have one IOS257 at the same time. So actually the cMIOS replaces the original MIOS.

Waninkoko's cMIOS contains the loader, so it's similar to the cMIOS with integrated loader from WiiGator.

Father Ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Father Ted said:
Does Metal Gear Solid Disc 2 Work yet with multi disc or is it only disc 1?
Can't you just boot the game with disc 2?
Not sure but I thought I read that only disc 1 works while the loader was being tested. But now with this multidisc I thought it might work. Anyone confirm?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't confuse these two things:

1) A single DVD with multiple games, created by GCOS.
* and 1a) I believe Waninkoko is working on a multigame loader that requires the games to be put on disc like a normal data-dvd with iso's as files

2) A single game spread over multiple DVD's. If you switch in-game, the loader can't fool the Wii into accepting the disc and it won't run

Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cxprt said:
Taken from what I posted in Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta:

QUOTE said:
In reguards to the "Failed to read DVD 345" error... I've tried a +R set to DVD-ROM booktype and a DVD-R. My wii is 3.3U and should be running the v8 MIOS..... I also have a v6 cIOS.... I had all the IOS' downgraded today just so I could install wad files again and use GCBoot along with SDLoad to load backups off my SDcard through my SDGecko.... Which works but as many of you I'm sure know that audio sounds like.... **** sometimes... That's why I love this I just wish it would work for me.

Anyone have any idea how I can cure the Failed to read DVD 345 error?

If it's a wiped version, you can use Wiped GCM fixer to restore it back to size. There are alot of downloaded iso's that are wiped. That's what worked for me.

edit: I used v1.3

Nanu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, does anyone else have the problem where Mios Patcher just doesn't load up? The loading screen on the Homebrew Channel just rests at 0%.

I think this is a homebrew channel problem but I've never experienced this problem before and i use the homebrew channel a lot
wink2.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nanu said:
Hey guys, does anyone else have the problem where Mios Patcher just doesn't load up? The loading screen on the Homebrew Channel just rests at 0%.

I think this is a homebrew channel problem but I've never experienced this problem before and i use the homebrew channel a lot
wink2.gif

remove gc memorycard

that1dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird problem with pikmin, everything works, except the flowers by the onion aren't even there, making progression in the game impossible.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Never mind, booting it with B fixed the problem.

Savior X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, noobish question coming along here. I noticed that the readme states that you need to have IOS249 is required, but I currently have IOS36 v5.18 (Ver 3.3U in normal Wii updates). I tried to use the miospatcher, but it failed with -1017 error, so I'm assuming that's due to the fact that I don't have 249. Is there any other way to install it with my current version or do I need to have 249. If the second is true, is there a way to downgrade to 249? Thanks

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I played with this a bunch last night, here is where I am at. I installed varios MIOS during the night v5, v8, and Wanin. Mostly I used the disc channel, but sometimes would use Loader via HBC.

(The compatibility Wiki is weird. With all the diferent Wii setups out there, and the different MIOS's, I test everything myself, I don't really pay heed to the compatibility list)

I AM ON AN NTSC WII, WITH 3.2U AND SOFTMII.

FZERO GX (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option
Luigi's Mansion (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option, freezes on N logo if Wanin MIOS is used.
Viewtiful Joe (PAL)(MULTI5) - Works Great with NTSC option.

Luigi's Masion (PAL) - Game runs with sound, but video is turned off no matter what option picked, video feed completely cuts out, my TV reacts as if I pulled the video cables out.

Eternal Darkness (PAL) - Crashes to black no matter what option is picked.

RETAIL GAMECUBE DISCS NO LONGER WORK ON MY WII. I'm pretty sure this is because I installed the MIOS to let me run games from the disc channel, and not just the loader? Anyone else have this issue?

I tried both, Windwaker, and the Collector's Edition Zelda thing, and both went to read error 345.

I'm going to try and extract MIOS from MarioKart after work, and replace the patched MIOS, I will report back the results.

I will also have more game testing results.

THANK YOU WIIGATOR AND WANINKOKO YOU GUYS FREAKING RULE!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?