OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Ahh... Never had this problem with the old (1.7b I think) GeckoOS -
I downloaded GeckoOS 1931 and when I load it from the Homebrew Channel it goes completly black, forcing me to shut off the Wii.
I'm on 4.1E I think (The first update to use the SD card menu), and according to NeoGamma(R4 beta 7): "Your cIOS has revison 10", and NeoGamma uses revision 14, but I don't get problems with that. Should I update the cIOS? I don't even remember messing around with it.

Thanks.

Edit:
Hm, should this be on Wii - Hacking or something?

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I updated the cIOS to rev17 and GeckoOS now works, I've only tried it with TvC (U) so far and it freezes on the "reading stats" part.
I think it will work with other games since I had this problem before and it was the same case.

Edit:
Now I get a black screen with NeoGamma, and can't run TvC.
mad.gif

Kerdex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would start by getting the recommended cOIS for the latest NeoGamma(rev14, as you know). It might fix both problems. I would get you a link, but I'm on my Wii >_

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I said I use R4 beta 7, but turns out I used R8beta7.
I tried booting R7 and R8RC1 and both still give me a black screen on boot up.
I noticed that if I try to boot up GeckoOS while the Classic Controller is connected to the Wii remote it won't work, so I tried disconnecting it when I boot up NeoGamma but I still just get a black screen.

On a side note:
Is there a .wad file for a good NeoGamma version? It's kinda annoying going through the HBC all the time for GeckoOS or NeoGamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online