OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
SO I've got 500 posts now.

I know it's but a small feat for many multi-thousand-post 'Tempers out there, (and I also know that many posts doesn't necessarily make a good poster), but I'm still foolishly giddy about it. Just last year, I was but a simple newbie, constantly asking novice questions in all the wrong places about what the difference between an IOS and a cIOS was, or if the R4 was better than the Acekard.

An example of my classic newbishness:
geoflcl said:
Okay, okay. Sorry if I'm being lame or anything, but I need to know if this will work or not.
My Wii's currently got v3.4U firmware on it. I've got the HBC installed, it was installed before I upgraded to 3.4 awhile ago. The Wii itself is squeaky clean apart from that.. No cIOS or hacks or anything in recent memory. Just 3.4, and HBC, as far as I know.
So, what if I were to use the October 23rd Wii Fix (hereee) to be able to install WADs, and after that, use Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0? Will the Oct 23 thingy take care of any IOS tweaking I need to do to be able use Waninkoko's updater??
geoflcl said:
rolleyes.gif

But even though I was a newb, I still did my best to add my two cents in discussions, and helping out fellow newbies with what I did know. Sometimes I didn't know what the hell I was talking about (a problem that I still have today), but still.

Yup, I fail:
QUOTE(geoflcl @ Jul 3 2009, 11:42 AM) Yep, when it comes to PS3's backwards compatibility, earlier is better. The first models came with most of the PS2's actual hardware, while later ones relied on iffy emulation. Both weren't without their problems, though.
Wikipedia will tell you all about it.
The whole thing kind of makes me wonder what the hell Sony is thinking sometimes.

500 posts later, I'm still learning, getting the hang of GBAtemp and its users, and constantly discovering neat little tidbits. I always try to make posts constructive, and I try to keep my head out of places where I'm not wanted. And since I'm still learning, I try to be nice toward those who are new, because, well, we have to start somewhere. I don't want to come off as a jerk because in some respects, I'm right there with them.

So to everyone at GBAtemp I've talked, joked, and argued with, I thought I'd say thanks for making the site such a consistently-enjoyable experience.

In short, thanks for putting up with me!
wub.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job! I'm almost there, and I hope I'll be a significant part of the Temp (Like Gaydrian). I'm posting to get there, and only 7 or so posts left! Every post counts! (Except for this one)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

By the way, you're a great artist with sigs and avatars and such!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everybody!

Spanish words? I dunno, really. I've been studying Spanish, and it's one of my favorite subjects, next to English and Art. I suppose Spanish words just naturally trickle into my vocabulary.

Thanks for the props, Slaykin! I've seen you around the forum, you're a great poster.

Custom title? I nearly forgot about that! Probably "Permanent GBAtemp Newbie", because it honestly seems like yesterday.

Wow, it sounds as if I'm treating GBAtemp as some sort of support group than a forum!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
It's literally the only anime I've been able to stand lately. Haven't watched it in forever, but it kind of stuck. I used to be obsessed when I was younger.

The other half of the screen name is from GEOweasel, which I also used to be obsessed with.

I had a fair bit of obsessions.

Yeah, I wanted 'GBAtemp Slut", but... Well, it just screams "juggernaut911"!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
geoflcl said:
It's literally the only anime I've been able to stand lately. Haven't watched it in forever, but it kind of stuck. I used to be obsessed when I was younger.

The other half of the screen name is from GEOweasel, which I also used to be obsessed with.
Then your avatar needs an update. :/

QUOTE(tj_cool @ May 19 2010, 03:41 PM) I'm getting bored of reaching 500, I already did that 12 times :|
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5