Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Argentum Vir said:
Jesus, that tears it. Antwill has not a single fucking clue. Man, if there was a more normal/boring person than me, it would be a skinny me. I have a job, a 360 that isn't hacked, a DS with quite a few physical copies of games and a Micro with retail carts galore. Saying everybody who is normal doesn't care is about as true as saying I'm not fat. It. Just. Doesn't. Work. Who are you to say what everyone else thinks? You are one person, everyone else isn't you. As far as I'm concerned, the things you just said invalidates every semi intelligent post you ever made. Seriously, as far as intelligence and ignorance goes, you rate less than a 75. Seriously get a life, and a clue.

tldr: Fuck you, because everyone is not you.
Umm you're the ignorant one. I said in the majority, and of course there's going to be exceptions.
rofl.gif
Talk about being clueless...
Mmmhmmm, I read that. Honestly, I don't care who the majority is. The majority of PC users like having software, and the freedom to choose. Why you continue to argue what your perception of normal is, is beyond me. The majority doesn't count here. The majority counts when someone takes a vote. When this precedence is set, I hope that we the buyers have our rights intact.

@KingVamp: Not only that, but there is no arguing with this fail troll. I will be laughing when everyone here who wants Sony to win gets their wishes, start complaining because they can't mod their consoles. >.< Posting smileys out of spite also is inappropriate and just make people angry. I hope the mods are taking this seriously, and are handing out warns and stuff where applicable. Because people really have not a single clue.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
Mmmhmmm, I read that. Honestly, I don't care who the majority is. The majority of PC users like having software, and the freedom to choose. Why you continue to argue what your perception of normal is, is beyond me. The majority doesn't count here. The majority counts when someone takes a vote. When this precedence is set, I hope that we the buyers have our rights intact.

@KingVamp: Not only that, but there is no arguing with this fail troll. I will be laughing when everyone here who wants Sony to win gets their wishes, start complaining because they can't mod their consoles. >.< Posting smileys out of spite also is inappropriate and just make people angry. I hope the mods are taking this seriously, and are handing out warns and stuff where applicable. Because people really have not a single clue.
Okay you don't seem to understand so I feel I should spell it out for you, probably from your quick to judge and name call instead of thinking. The majority is everyone's perception of normal. How do you not see this? You see a lot of people doing something, you think "oh wow that is normal." This works for most things. Before you say anything because I know you're quick to react, I said 'most' as in not a definite answer for all. Of course there will be exceptions. And besides, your argument before lacked any real weight at all. You go and spend all this time saying how you buy games and don't even back it up with anything. What am I just meant to assume you hack consoles? Also you realise I could throw your argument of "who are you to say what's normal for everyone else. you're just one person" right back at you right? Everyone isn't you, therefore your opinion doesn't count either.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure the PS3 was advertised as a media center kind of thing. And if I understand some of their campaigns (like "It only does everything"), it still IS advertised as such.

Just because you use your PS3 (if you even got one) for games and only that, doesn't mean it's not supposed to do everthing else.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eckin said:
I'm pretty sure the PS3 was advertised as a media center kind of thing. And if I understand some of their campaigns (like "It only does everything"), it still IS advertised as such.

Just because you use your PS3 (if you even got one) for games and only that, doesn't mean it's not supposed to do everthing else.
Except the "it only does everything" is obviously a clever marketing hyperbole. And I'm fairly sure anyone can tell you it was not meant to run homebrew or custom firmware...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Eckin said:

Except the "it only does everything" is obviously a clever marketing hyperbole. And I'm fairly sure anyone can tell you it was not meant to run homebrew or custom firmware...
Except it was meant to be a multimedia device. Homebrew is a from of media. Even OtherOS was there for that until it got removed.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
antwill said:
Eckin said:

Except it was meant to be a multimedia device. Homebrew is a from of media. Even OtherOS was there for that until it got removed.
Well saying it's a multimedia device is all well and good however that still doesn't change the fact that if Sony meant for it to run homebrew on anything other than OtherOS which they removed from the phats, (coincidentally after stating they would keep it on there) after geohot announced his hack requiring it back in January, they would have allowed you to.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said that they wasn't going to bring it back regardless because of cost.

Then they should have keep OtherOS or find another way to let you play homebrew.

If it wasn't remove then it be no point in trying to hack the device.

Plus if something was able to get hack for the wrong purpose then it should be fix and then given back.

Not take things away permanently just because there it a hack risk.

Anyway why should they be able to tell you what homebrew you should run if it not illegal?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Okay you don't seem to understand so I feel I should spell it out for you, probably from your quick to judge and name call instead of thinking. The majority is everyone's perception of normal. How do you not see this? You see a lot of people doing something, you think "oh wow that is normal." This works for most things. Before you say anything because I know you're quick to react, I said 'most' as in not a definite answer for all. Of course there will be exceptions. And besides, your argument before lacked any real weight at all. You go and spend all this time saying how you buy games and don't even back it up with anything. What am I just meant to assume you hack consoles? Also you realise I could throw your argument of "who are you to say what's normal for everyone else. you're just one person" right back at you right? Everyone isn't you, therefore your opinion doesn't count either.
You assume that every hacker is a pirate. Its clear from every post that you must think this.

You assume that "normal" is the majority. This isn't the case. Before I hacked my consoles, I bought and played games. When I learned that I could play backups of games and use individual created apps and games, two weeks later I had my m3Real. Look, I never said I bought every game I have ever pirated. I tried before I bought. The fact that its so easy to do piracy is the one reason there are flash cards.

Go ahead throw it back at at me. I don't think your argument holds water any longer. You make purposely vague statements and claims that can go either way, just so if someone calls you on it, you can make it seem like you meant something one way instead of the other. You overuse generalizations and make yourself look like an idiot in the process.

Also, what do you want me to do? Post receipts of all the games I have ever bought? With personal information and contact info? On the internet? Look, I don't have to satisfy you. You want satisfaction, go play your PS3 on 5.56 OFW, and while your doing it, laugh everytime you have to agree to a TOS, and stay away from the forum with the people who's ideologies differ so much from your own.

Just because a majority is jumping off a craggy cliff, doesn't mean I want to jump with them. If that is how "normal" people think, then I guess I'm abnormal and proud.

EDIT: Hey Rydian, I need you to continue copypasta the "Sony removed otherOS to cut costs from systems BEFORE geohot announced his hack" comment, because apparently people STILL don't get it.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope Geohot wins this, not that he can even lose anyway. Sony deserves a big slap in the face.

QUOTE said:
EDIT: Hey Rydian, I need you to continue copypasta the "Sony removed otherOS to cut costs from systems BEFORE geohot announced his hack" comment, because apparently people STILL don't get it.

From Slim consoles, you would be right, but from fat consoles, it was for secuity issues.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
You assume that every hacker is a pirate. Its clear from every post that you must think this.

You assume that "normal" is the majority. This isn't the case. Before I hacked my consoles, I bought and played games. When I learned that I could play backups of games and use individual created apps and games, two weeks later I had my m3Real. Look, I never said I bought every game I have ever pirated. I tried before I bought. The fact that its so easy to do piracy is the one reason there are flash cards.

Go ahead throw it back at at me. I don't think your argument holds water any longer. You make purposely vague statements and claims that can go either way, just so if someone calls you on it, you can make it seem like you meant something one way instead of the other. You overuse generalizations and make yourself look like an idiot in the process.

Also, what do you want me to do? Post receipts of all the games I have ever bought? With personal information and contact info? On the internet? Look, I don't have to satisfy you. You want satisfaction, go play your PS3 on 5.56 OFW, and while your doing it, laugh everytime you have to agree to a TOS, and stay away from the forum with the people who's ideologies differ so much from your own.

Just because a majority is jumping off a craggy cliff, doesn't mean I want to jump with them. If that is how "normal" people think, then I guess I'm abnormal and proud.
Should I have to point out that I have only ever had to agree to 2 TOS's and neither of which were recently like everyone else claims? Also you don't even seem to understand what 'exception to the rule' means, and nor do you read everything that I post as I stated quite clearly I never said it would be a definite conclusion. But you keep going on and on with the 'I's'. I this, or I that. You make it seem as though you think the world revolves around you and in doing contradicting yourself when you say I am doing that. Your argument holds no weight and I think you're just continuing on for the sake of not having to admit you were wrong.

Argentum Vir said:
Sigh... I think Rydian should tell you to read more often...
Here have some articles proving they only removed it from the slims for cost cutting (duh) and promised to keep it in the phat.
Read this so you can stop spouting that nonsense.
Also here taken from Geohots Wikipedia page:
... on January 22, 2010, he announced that he had successfully hacked the machine by enabling himself read and write access to the machine's system memory and having hypervisor level access to the machine's processor.[19][20] Hotz also detailed the many things his work could allow, such as homebrew and PlayStation 2 emulation.
Source.

Also you say I look like an idiot using generalisations, yet you're the one who actually used the word 'copypasta'... (mods why is there no facepalm emoticon?!)

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
GundamXXX said:
I hope Sony wins. End of story

Why?

Because everyone will still be able to jailbreak their console but just not go online with it and that suits me fine
PS3 hacking has showed what it does for the online community, so has PC hacking

I think that online gameplay is a reason to buy a game because if you want to play something online it means you actually enjoy the game enough to waste hours and hours playing against other people and that means the company made a good game in your opinion and that means they deserve your support

if you dont like the company because they milk games then dont play their games.

Unless ofcourse you willingly admit you pirate because you are a cheapskate and dont want to spend money on games and just want to abuse the situation. If that is the case then Sony has a right to win since they are suing geohotz for this exact reason

So in the end if you pirate no problem but be honest with yourself and everyone else
What? I thought geohotz was anti-piracy. How are they suing him for something he didn't do?

I do not think there suing him for piracy...

Theyre basicly suing him due to the fact he made piracy for the PS3 a common occurence
And I dont believe he's anti piracy but thats just a personal thing

QUOTE(MEGAMANTROTSKY @ Feb 21 2011, 02:20 AM)
Complete ignorance of the situation (in assuming that all who commit digital piracy are cheapskates and that if Sony wins the hacking community won't have to step back into the stone age), combined with a dash of vague capitalist ideology: Corporate claptrap at its finest. Nothing of what you said makes compelling case in favor of Sony. Also, why are you assuming that people who support the PS3 must also support Sony? It's perfectly possible to support the hardware without the condoning the tactics that the company uses to "protect" it.
Yes, I have complete ignorance of the situation... Ive not been following this from day 1 at all nor have I talked about it or thought about it...
Im not saying support Sony, Im saying support the dev's of games not Sony, if only you had read my post then that wouldve been clear
Also the support for Sony is a bit wishywashy for me. I support that they go after pirates but what I dont support the the extensiveness in their ways ie. going after the YouTube users who viewed the video
The amount of people that pirate because they dont want to spend money is about 100% and a small percentage of that ends up buying the game to support the dev but that percentage is really small
And who cares if hackers have to go back in time, its a risk of the "job". Its like saying "I dont wanna get shot" and you still become a soldier

People want best of both worlds: free stuff and for it to be legal. Thats not going to happen, if you want free stuff then you will have to get it illigally and thats that. You cant blame Sony for going after the people who steal from them.

Yet again this is a purely logical statement and not based on my own feelings about it.
I myself think that creators/dev/publishers etc are ripping us off by asking massive prices for shitty games and that pirating for that reason is fully justified, but I can look at htings from both ways

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE("geohot's blog") said:
First round of donations is closed
Thank you so so much for all of your help, things are looking up money wise. Expect to see a few more lawyers on my responses!
I have enough to cover my legal fees for the time being, and in the absolute worst case scenario, we don't want Sony getting it :-P

Oh man I hope he was able to hire Kristoph Gavin :­D

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
GundamXXX, Sony are suing Geohot over all the tools he has released to do with jailbreaking a PS3 it is an entirely seperate case than the PSN bans (which I support). If Sony win this it sets a precedent that will result in ALL hacks becoming illegal. Our flashcarts, our Homebrew Channel, our CFWs any developing of these moves from the grey area into open fire from the big corporations.
Geohot released the Private Keys for the PS3 and that's what attracted the attention. Sony are doing this in a last bid of desperation to restore their security integrity (once the number is theirs alone they can submit takedown notices). Nobody has ever gotten a console's private keys before but if Sony manage to get this number essentially copyrighted through winning this case then Nintendo could go after Twiizers for the Common Key and suddenly console hacking and homebrew are locked down by the full force of law. (And Apple will kick up a storm of that DMCA ruling about JailBreaking)

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GundamXXX said:
The amount of people that pirate because they dont want to spend money is about 100% and a small percentage of that ends up buying the game to support the dev but that percentage is really small
That pirates are killing the industry is a lie, made up by publishers to justify poor sales for shitty AAA titles.
In fact the average pirate buys more games, than a normal customer.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/20...t-customers.ars

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jamstruth said:
GundamXXX, Sony are suing Geohot over all the tools he has released to do with jailbreaking a PS3 it is an entirely seperate case than the PSN bans (which I support). If Sony win this it sets a precedent that will result in ALL hacks becoming illegal. Our flashcarts, our Homebrew Channel, our CFWs any developing of these moves from the grey area into open fire from the big corporations.
Geohot released the Private Keys for the PS3 and that's what attracted the attention. Sony are doing this in a last bid of desperation to restore their security integrity (once the number is theirs alone they can submit takedown notices). Nobody has ever gotten a console's private keys before but if Sony manage to get this number essentially copyrighted through winning this case then Nintendo could go after Twiizers for the Common Key and suddenly console hacking and homebrew are locked down by the full force of law. (And Apple will kick up a storm of that DMCA ruling about JailBreaking)
Sony sueing Geohot for releasing the private keys, not the tools.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Should I have to point out that I have only ever had to agree to 2 TOS's and neither of which were recently like everyone else claims? Also you don't even seem to understand what 'exception to the rule' means, and nor do you read everything that I post as I stated quite clearly I never said it would be a definite conclusion. But you keep going on and on with the 'I's'. I this, or I that. You make it seem as though you think the world revolves around you and in doing contradicting yourself when you say I am doing that. Your argument holds no weight and I think you're just continuing on for the sake of not having to admit you were wrong.

Because I can only speak for myself. What is normal to you doesn't mean its normal for everyone else. What makes your definition of normal the "rule"?

Define: normal
being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development; "a perfectly normal child"; "of normal intelligence"; "the most normal person I've ever met"

You make it seem like everyone thinks, walks and talks... JUST LIKE YOU. You are one person, why don't you go find 3-4 billion people who agree on your definition of normal, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

Argentum Vir said:
Go back and re-read my comment. I made no claims about the phat, and they removed them to cut costs on the slim. Also, what good does it do to bring up the phats when 3.21 removed OtherOS?

Also here taken from Geohots Wikipedia page:
QUOTE... on January 22, 2010, he announced that he had successfully hacked the machine by enabling himself read and write access to the machine's system memory and having hypervisor level access to the machine's processor.[19][20] Hotz also detailed the many things his work could allow, such as homebrew and PlayStation 2 emulation.
Source.

Where exactly does this fit in with your point?

Also you say I look like an idiot using generalisations, yet you're the one who actually used the word 'copypasta'... (mods why is there no facepalm emoticon?!)

Why does a common internet term matter? If you stick to that, I'm gonna ask why you just used face palm without spaces.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geohot releasing the private kays pretty much fucked the entire hacking community the flash carts, homebrew channel, rom translations are all in danger because of geohot

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
I was describing the majority of people who buy games consoles, and how they use them; to play their games.
If that his point then idk how that related. He kinda went away from it. :/

Anyway if he win it may mean private keys can not be copyrighted in any condition.

If he lose it may mean private keys can be copyrighted in a condition.

Doesn't have to be end homebrew or homebrew grows bigger.

A least it doesn't have to be...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1234turtles said:
geohot releasing the private kays pretty much fucked the entire hacking community the flash carts, homebrew channel, rom translations are all in danger because of geohot
Or you could look at it that they could potentially become far more acceptable. If Geohot wins this case, that is quite likely to be the outcome; it'll set a precedent of these things being seen as "legal".

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
#uck you sony.
My ps3 i will do with it what i want illegal or not.
he he he.
Hope geohot rips your arse in court sony.
Good luck geohot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there