Hacking "Get on 3.0.0 - Stay on 3.0.0"

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was every single 'hacker dude' saying update to 3.0.0, save for one. Even still today. They want end users in a nice neat tiny little box where they couldn't get all unethical-like. It's a bait and Switch. The problem is that if nobody is working towards an emuNAND type solution outside of 1.0.0, which you would figure a top priority, (although probably not even a choice right now) eventually everyone who's updated won't really even have a Switch anymore; just an expensive, stunted homebrew platform that few will want to write anything for, and shouldn't actually be used as a portable as it's ridden with crippling battery bugs.
It is early on but the fact is the Switch scene is already a disaster and will be for a long time because Nintendo eventually got it together and now have a very secure console on shelves. If you haven't already, you will need to buy another.

:shit:

Happy f'n new year. :P

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a switch but if you have a 2XX or lower you need this

Hope your ready for CFW and not piracy
Piracy is inevitable

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: YugamiSekai

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
get on 3.0.0
stay on 3.0.0
kiss 4.0.0+ gaems and online goodbye :P

I think I'll manage 3:)

2qamrg6.jpg

2up8zk2.jpg

Also just to mention again for those looking. I got a 3rd console on 3.0.0 from Scan Computers the other day, was the Neon Console that came with it. Wasn't expecting it and wasn't bothered as it was a gift but the receiver is VERY happy :)

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
When was Scan purchase made^^?? Serial/batch number?

Just posted this in the other thread also:

Serial: XAJ400191
Serial on device matches serial on box: YES
Region: EUR
Firmware: 3.0.0
Color option: Neon
Store: Scan Computers
Was a bundle (if yes, which): NOT BUNDLE
Purchase date: 26/12/17

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm staying where i am.

But I'm happy for all you that had the patience to wait for boring, worthless homebrew.

Have fun with Pong and DOOM, [emoji23]

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

At least we can play a version of Doom that runs at more than 20 to 30 fps.

I can wait. Updating is always an option. Downgrading is not.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He said the 26th dec. They use couriers like DPD so it would mostly likely be next day delivery.

I didn't notice the reply somehow. So now I am waiting on two switches and a Pokemon Tournament DX. The splatoon 2 will probably just get returned unopened, if the basic one turns up on a low enough firmware.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's on a low enough firmware, I could buy it off you.

If I don't need it then I'm not opening it because game will only take returns in store if it's been unopened.

If it's opened then I need to return it by post and even then they say it must be "unused", so at the least I pay postage but at worst they say it's used by turning it on to check the firmware. I'm only willing to take the risk if the scan one turns up >3.0 So if you can find out without opening it then you can have it for what I paid (£319.99) plus tracked + insured postage.

I ordered a grey one from scan, because I prefer it to the neon. I kinda hope that scan don't have a warehouse of old neons but new stock of greys... Fingers crossed.

Last edited by smf,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you live?

I live in the US, but I'm not sure if it'd work given how far away you live, shipping, whether or not I could trade to mitigate costs *sigh* IDK. People have been giving exploitable consoles a 300 to 500% markup on price, so maybe I'd best not.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I live in the US, but I'm not sure if it'd work given how far away you live, shipping, whether or not I could trade to mitigate costs *sigh* IDK. People have been giving exploitable consoles a 300 to 500% markup on price, so maybe I'd best not.

Ah, a bit far. I'm in the UK. I've not seen any evidence that people are willing to pay more for an exploitable console yet. I obviously don't want to make a loss, but I'm ok selling it so that it covers my costs. If I put it on ebay I'd have to increase the price to cover the ebay fees, which is why I was just going to return it if I didn't need it.

Obviously if in the next few days there is a buying frenzy on ebay of 3x to 5x the price then I would reconsider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu