Getting agressive to the devices

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:hateit:
Someone here had actually acted like this sometime? I mean, do you get mad and physically relieve the frustration on it?
It common when using a device like computer, or playing something, we get mad, or with a very dumb nonflexible person to don't see to get the point you wnat to show them (or is trolling you ...), a game we are very concentrated but everything went wrong or something...
For me... I'm kinda of a temperamental person ... I don't usually get mad but when I get I lost the control (not intentional pun XD)
But by "relieve the anger/frustration" on devices I have some histories...
the first one I can remember, not very well, was my first tamagochi, probably an bootleg of rakuraku dinokun... I'm not sure if I was mad because I could not make it evolved different, some other defect or my older bro were teasing me or something else but I throw it on floor few times and it broke the LCD screen... OTL rip dinokun
I don't remind why but I also throw some few times (not sequential like with dinokun) my snes and n64 controllers but no issues with this, probably I had damaged the floor :rofl:
Other way I really broken in part my computer keyboard ( an cheap one so not a loss) playing Grand Chase.. I wasn't that salty but it not being able to do what I wanted even messed with me and it gave an worse loss I gonna tell soon ... I was giving my keyboard some punches times in times, matches in matches, have some key that broke apart glued and one time (actually in a discussion the guy don't really looked like was reading what I was typing ...)it just broke it that was really easier buy a new one and take more care (also damaged the table and the chair in the process ... good that now I have a nice new table! yay XD)
And the one that hurt me most... my old 3DS ... one time I got angry playing smash online that I just closed it with too much force and gave it a punch .. opened again and " an error occurred restart the console" , but it never turned on again .. I still trying to revive, and not giving up it but not much success :cry: (I haven't admitted really what I did there because I was full of shame but anyway ...) at least now I discount punching my leg instead, and I learned a lot of the o3DS inner anatomy /run
Ok, I should really stop playing fighting games competitively OTL
Well, but I know I'm not alone here, some friends here had destroyed ps4, even game cube controller by similar problems, but if something you are playing are letting you mad, the best idea is stop and do something else:yaynds:!
But, well, this happens. Do you also have some similar histories to share?
i once threw a usb stick at the floor. i retried some sort of shitty xbox 360 hack like 20 times and it got corrupted every time, i got pissed, threw it at the floor and stepped on the usb part. i had to use a flathead screwdriver to unbend the head so i could use it. it still works but the shell is fucked up.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i once threw a usb stick at the floor. i retried some sort of shitty xbox 360 hack like 20 times and it got corrupted every time, i got pissed, threw it at the floor and stepped on the usb part. i had to use a flathead screwdriver to unbend the head so i could use it. it still works but the shell is fucked up.
lucky you, some usb I dax experience, broke inside before outside XD but never "attacked" one
Not me but my uncle broke my GBA SP in 2 halves, because I said a swear word during a game.
THIS is showing violence LOL

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just usually smack my desk when I'm angry. I think I just destroyed a worthless controller that was glitching (cheap POS from China).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't that called "Custom" today? xD

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't actually broken anything, but only because I deliberately throw the controller at the couch. Not very often, but I remember this certain boss in Dark souls 2... good/bad times...

my kid though just last month threw an older ipad in rage, hit the wall sideways and made a good dent in the drywall, shattering the tablet's screen. this was caused by mario run. we no longer play that.

Reactions: Sliter

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't actually broken anything, but only because I deliberately throw the controller at the couch. Not very often, but I remember this certain boss in Dark souls 2... good/bad times...

my kid though just last month threw an older ipad in rage, hit the wall sideways and made a good dent in the drywall, shattering the tablet's screen. this was caused by mario run. we no longer play that.
Did you make them pay for it out of their allowance? :-p

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am "professional," you can take my word for this. When something doesn't work, a good yelling in German in a gentle beating helps make it work better. This is a "fact" and you can trust me because I am "professional."

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was brought up to look after my stuff, so I am more likely to get upset if I broke something than break something because I was upset.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I must admit that while doing Momodora 4 on insane, I've had a couple of times when I wanted to throw the controller out the window.
Hmmm... Nope, I remember many times when I really felt the urge to destroy a controller/console/PC, but I can't remember breaking one.

Perhaps there has been one that I don't remember, I mean, if I have felt the urge so many times I must have slipped once.

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make them pay for it out of their allowance? :-p

haha it didn't occur to me at the time but I should've, just like my dad used to do when we broken windows as kids.

though my kids' allowances mostly go towards videogames and amiibos, both things I also generally want, so it's in my best interest to keep their allowances fat ;)

Reactions: Quantumcat

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
though my kids' allowances mostly go towards videogames and amiibos, both things I also generally want, so it's in my best interest to keep their allowances fat ;)
While the amiibos thing may speak to something if your kids pick games you want to play you are a lucky man indeed. A batting average of 50% good would be an improvement if my friends with kids are anything to go by.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hi.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @rvtr, how r u
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Pretty good, thanks. Just went biking for about 4 hours. How are you?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @rvtr, I was coughing a lot but i got better. and I will most likely go to the movies and a restaurant on my birthday.
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Nice.
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    What movie?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @rvtr, Most probably garfield
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday,
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday,