getting caught with modchip

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could you get caught by law enforcers (cops, Nintendo, etc.) with a flashcart or modchip and what would be the consequences? I've wondered for awhile.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go up to them and tell them you have a modchip/flashcart and that you are committing a crime. Even if you say this to a cop, thats still not a guarantee to garner consequences. Maybe even Nintendo as well.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where I live, the cops would probably ask me where I got it so they could hook up their kids with one. Seriously.

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
I think the act of actually downloading a game is where the risk is, ISP's around the world are beginning to crack down on file sharers and game companies are starting to get more litigious and are starting to sue people for stupid amounts!

Hers an example from the UK I read recently! [url=http://www.gameslaw.net/2008/08/21/davenpo...inball-lawsuit/]http://www.gameslaw.net/2008/08/21/davenpo...inball-lawsuit/[/url]
Stuff like this is really just to find the "source" of the problem. They aren't really looking for the people who are downloading a couple of PC/DS games, but the people who distrubute the wii/pc/ds/whatever games to the hundreds of thousands of people who download them.

Getting the 1 person who is the source, is worth it alot more than tracking down the 10000 people who download it.

As to how you would get caught, the only real way I think is through your ISP. Because if you really go up to a cop and say you have a flashcart, they probably don't even know what your talking about.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mewgia said:
mcjones92 said:
law enforcers (cops, Nintendo, etc.)

Query:

If you are arrested by Nintendo, where do you go? Do they throw Nintendo game pirates in a special Nintendo-owned jail?

yes, and there are fat Italian plumbers in the showers!

seriously, most cops don't give a damn, its mostly a civil matter anyway. and even then flash carts are not illegal, and they would have to prove your roms are not legitimate backups

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
lol if they try to arrest me i unlock my uber powers of telling lies and finding excuses
nyanya.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dylan said:
''excuse me sir, step out of the vehicle, I need the check if you DS has a flashcart in it containing roms''

I wouldn't worry buddy...
Unless you are crossing the Canada/USA border... it was almost reality and Bill C-61 is still looming in the background.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Dylan said:
''excuse me sir, step out of the vehicle, I need the check if you DS has a flashcart in it containing roms''

Unless you are crossing the Canada/USA border... it was almost reality and Bill C-61 is still looming in the background.
i did that with my m3 a few months back
no problems at all

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raven Darkheart said:
BiscuitBee said:
Dylan said:

i did that with my m3 a few months back
no problems at all
That's because C-61 hasn't passed. There was a whole bunch of crazy 'rules' that they wanted to imposed with C-61 (not to mention the very similar yet slightly worse C-60). With a bit more NDP seats (now), perhaps things might go a bit better... except that the blues have even more seats than before! Rich old people need to stop voting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer