Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Raven Darkheart said:
BiscuitBee said:
Dylan said:
''excuse me sir, step out of the vehicle, I need the check if you DS has a flashcart in it containing roms''

I wouldn't worry buddy...
Unless you are crossing the Canada/USA border... it was almost reality and Bill C-61 is still looming in the background.
i did that with my m3 a few months back
no problems at all
That's because C-61 hasn't passed. There was a whole bunch of crazy 'rules' that they wanted to imposed with C-61 (not to mention the very similar yet slightly worse C-60). With a bit more NDP seats (now), perhaps things might go a bit better... except that the blues have even more seats than before! Rich old people need to stop voting.
i highly doubt flascarts will be at the forefront when the they stop you at the border.
they have more important things to worry about....like say searching for hasmat or weeding out terrorists and illegal immigrants

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cop : Excuse me sir... is that a mod chip in your Wii?
me : Why yes it is my good sir!
Cop : Place your hands behind your back! (gun drawn)
me : I'm a game developer, and need it to run my code to debug before being sent to Nintendo for approval.
Cop : (putting gun away) (underbreath) damn... OK sir, you may go...

ha! you cops are powerless against my Wii with it's +2 pirating and my sword with a +2 bleeding and +1 lying!

Knuxsega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Heck every game store here in Saudi arabia sells pirated games for 3 bucks and R4s and modchips... You'd be suprised if you found something original XD

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raven Darkheart said:
BiscuitBee said:
Raven Darkheart said:
BiscuitBee said:
Dylan said:
''excuse me sir, step out of the vehicle, I need the check if you DS has a flashcart in it containing roms''

I wouldn't worry buddy...
Unless you are crossing the Canada/USA border... it was almost reality and Bill C-61 is still looming in the background.
i did that with my m3 a few months back
no problems at all
That's because C-61 hasn't passed. There was a whole bunch of crazy 'rules' that they wanted to imposed with C-61 (not to mention the very similar yet slightly worse C-60). With a bit more NDP seats (now), perhaps things might go a bit better... except that the blues have even more seats than before! Rich old people need to stop voting.
i highly doubt flascarts will be at the forefront when the they stop you at the border.
they have more important things to worry about....like say searching for hasmat or weeding out terrorists and illegal immigrants
Exactly! But those fat cats think border guards should have crazy electronics training and what-not. The main objective was to be able to search your laptop and ipod/music device for illegal content! AND they want to give border guards authority to confiscate your electronic device for further 'analysis'.

"OMGWTF, Seriously?!" was pretty much the general consensus.

D

Deleted User

I read the title at first as "Getting caught with Mudkip" >_>

I don't think there's much chance...

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Exactly! But those fat cats think border guards should have crazy electronics training and what-not. The main objective was to be able to search your laptop and ipod/music device for illegal content! AND they want to give border guards authority to confiscate your electronic device for further 'analysis'.

"OMGWTF, Seriously?!" was pretty much the general consensus.
i can see it now.
in training they hand out manuals called "R4 for dummies"
or
"Flashcarts for morons"

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
If flash carts weren't free of legal risk, a lot more places would sell them. But yeah.
No, they wouldn't. A game store, or any store that sells games, can make much more money off of you if you cannot get every game you want for a one-time fee of $40.

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Oct 16 2008, 10:57 AM) Cop : Excuse me sir... is that a mod chip in your Wii?
me : Why yes it is my good sir!
Cop : Place your hands behind your back! (gun drawn)
me : I'm a game developer, and need it to run my code to debug before being sent to Nintendo for approval.
Cop : (putting gun away) (underbreath) damn... OK sir, you may go...

ha! you cops are powerless against my Wii with it's +2 pirating and my sword with a +2 bleeding and +1 lying!

Game developers have special game developer consoles, so that argument would not work. While the cop would probably be clueless enough to believe your lie were he to ask you about a modchip, he probably wouldn't have known enough to ask the question in the first place.

dukenukethis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, cops are people too. You know there's cops with mod chips, flash carts, and stolen cable. A few years ago I knew a guy that hacked DirecTV cards, he had all the local cops watching free satellite and NOBODY messed with him.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Where I live, the cops would probably ask me where I got it so they could hook up their kids with one. Seriously.

Cops do that. Even Army/navy personnels do that.. I should know I hooked them up with mods for nintendo ds and psp ...They always saying its for my kids...What kids actually share a gaming console? LOL

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a cop stops you, swallow your micro SD and "retrieve" it later
wink2.gif

They'll have no prof that you have ROMS inside it.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dear Nintendo,

Make the following games of suffer my wrath.......

1.2D metroid
2.Pokemon TCG
3.Mario Golf/Tennis
4.Zoids,must have Zoids

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
wtf.gif

like your not going to get pulled over for a breath test and then the cop gose and says "HEY YOU GOT A FLASH CARD YOUR UNDER ARREST"

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a warning yesterday from the police about my DS cart

COP: Sir that your nintendo DS on the passenger seat?
ME: Yes sir
COP: May see it please?
ME: *hands it over*
COP: Whats this? *takes out DS cart* *mutters something under breath* You know you are lucky I dont arrest you for this..
ME: *stammering* Im sorry sir bu..
COP: *interrupting* Dont you know the R4 is dead? Jesus, buy a Cyclo next time.. now get out of my sight.. you disgust me.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
I got a warning yesterday from the police about my DS cart

COP: Sir that your nintendo DS on the passenger seat?
ME: Yes sir
COP: May see it please?
ME: *hands it over*
COP: Whats this? *takes out DS cart* *mutters something under breath* You know you are lucky I dont arrest you for this..
ME: *stammering* Im sorry sir bu..
COP: *interrupting* Dont you know the R4 is dead? Jesus, buy a Cyclo next time.. now get out of my sight.. you disgust me.

That literally made a little pee come out from laughing so hard!

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My cousin is a police officer...and I'm installing a mod chip in his Wii on the weekend
ohmy.gif

I'm also trying to talk him into buying my spare DS with Cyclo card...lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: