OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi! I'm new to this forum.

Question:
I have a pal WiiU that I softmodded.
After installing an NTSC VC wad I can't play it because of the pal video setting. I can however force NTSC videomode trough USB loader GX and play the game.
But I find it annoying to have to boot up the USB loader every single time.

Is there any way to change the video mode of vWii, So that it will be possible to boot games directly from the main screen?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to everyone reading this thread, I hope I been informative enough about my problems.

pauluz88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just find a PAL version of the wad, or convert it to region free.

You're right, but I find pal wads to be sluggish and ugly :-)

there's a patcher that makes wii wads region free.. 'freethewads' or something ... long time since i used it

I tried Freethewads and it does convert the regions, but it does not change the videomode to 60hz. Booting the converted wad gives a black screen because vWii tries to output 60hz but the pal WiiU wont let it.
I'm thinking that if USB loader can force NTSC video, maybe vWii can too... The old Wii needed to be patched to region free with Priiloader.

Reactions: elvio

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm thinking that if USB loader can force NTSC video, maybe vWii can too... The old Wii needed to be patched to region free with Priiloader.
the loading mechanism on vwii changed so direct channel patches wont do anything to if it you start it via the system menu so the only patch you can apply is via a usb loader.

Reactions: rasputin

elvio

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! I'm new to this forum.

Question:
I have a pal WiiU that I softmodded.
After installing an NTSC VC wad I can't play it because of the pal video setting. I can however force NTSC videomode trough USB loader GX and play the game.
But I find it annoying to have to boot up the USB loader every single time.

Is there any way to change the video mode of vWii, So that it will be possible to boot games directly from the main screen?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to everyone reading this thread, I hope I been informative enough about my problems.

You're right, but I find pal wads to be sluggish and ugly :-)

I tried Freethewads and it does convert the regions, but it does not change the videomode to 60hz. Booting the converted wad gives a black screen because vWii tries to output 60hz but the pal WiiU wont let it.

I'm currently in the middle of this problem. Yea patcher64 is only NTSC and freethewads changes the region but no effect to the video output.
If you have found a way to force NTSC video output in the usb loader for a WAD then you're a step ahead of me and I would even settle for that.
However the issue stands, PAL WII console users can't play the redux modded zeldas .WAD because of video configuration.

If there is a way or a NAND patch to force these VC games to NTSC output I would love to know more.
Spending more time on this issue than it would take me to play the game through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1