'GO VACATION' For Nintendo Switch Announced

A game somewhat akin to the Wii Sports Resort is coming to a Nintendo Switch near your this summer!

From sky diving and beach volleyball to tennis and even snowball fights, Kawawii island offers something for everyone, with more than 50 different games and activities to enjoy.

Created by BANDAI NAMCO, GO VACATION includes a variety of cooperative and competitive games that can be played solo or with up to four players – via a single Nintendo Switch console or local wireless connection. Several activities offer the option to use motion controls, making swinging your tennis racket and throwing snowballs even more fun and immersive.

While exploring – either on foot, on horseback, on a snowmobile and more – you’ll discover numerous collectibles, challenges and other opportunities to level up and customise your character. Decorate your own villa, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the food trucks, and snap in-game photos of the dozens of adorable animals hiding in each resort. Regular challenges and presents, like special costumes and different dog breeds, will keep players coming back for hours of Kawawii island adventures.

GO VACATION arrives on the Nintendo Switch this July 27th.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Star Allies was 30FPS and that didn't make it a bad game.

It's essentially 60 FPS, minus every other frame. Think of frameskipping on an emulator. A way of keeping speeds consistent if there isn't enough power to render enough stuff.

Maybe there's just too much awesome happening for the Switch to handle :D
I know it's not going to make the game slower, but motion fluidity is a must in these kinds of games IMO.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't felt a loss of fluidity tbh.

...but if the framerate changes a lot in-game...

...then there's a problem yeah.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It looks fun. I thought it was a sequel to Wii Sports Resort. It might as well be a spiritual successor from my impression on it.
I didn't expect it to be developed by Bamco, a third party company. This should've been easily a launch Switch title. Oh well, I guess it's never too late.

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) Why was this note available at launch, and
2) Why wasn't this a pack-in game with the Switch.

Yeah, I'm still fucking salty about that!
becuase the game wasnt made by nintendo even lol

also this seems like a wii remaster since this game is on the wii?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's nice to see. Personally I would prefer a Wii Sport Resort 2 (or Switch Sport Ressort or hower they would call the succesor), but this is great and if it sells good who knows maybe Nintendo will release a Sport Resort 2 ^_^

Several activities offer the option to use motion controls, making swinging your tennis racket and throwing snowballs even more fun and immersive.
Several? Wasn't the whole point of these kind of games to make as much use of motion controls as possible so that normal games don't have to annoy us with it? :O

Last edited by VitaType,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's nice to see. Personally I would prefer a Wii Sport Resort 2 (or Switch Sport Ressort or hower they would call the succesor), but this is great and if it sells good who knows maybe Nintendo will release a Sport Resort 2 ^_^

Several? Wasn't the whole point of these kind of games to make as much use of motion controls as possible so that normal games don't have to annoy us with it? :O
im guessing car racing and such dont need motions since they would be worse lol better use the analog stick for those.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Looks great. Keep in mind this is Bandai-Namco and not Nintendo developing this, but I think they're showing that they can mimic the style well. Will be really interesting to see the first gameplay footage for Prime 4, which we might get from E3 (fingers crossed). :yayswitch:

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go Vacation was fun enough. I know I've said it plenty of times before, but the most memorable/fun thing is going down the ice mountain on an inner tube. There's a lot of mini-games, but they're mostly so-so*. Can't imagine it being fun to play with many people though on the Switch.

* Honestly, I think most the Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort games are also mostly so-so. They're not bad. They don't have bad controls. They're just not very fun/interesting alone and with friends a lot don't have much in the way of staying power. I'd find it more interesting to see something like a cross between what Sonic Jam did with open world tricks to clear, the sort of cute design of this, and something like Just Cause for the push for extreme physics. I think I've had my fill of mini-games for quite a while. :)

Not me:

Last edited by kuwanger, , Reason: Found a video to show what I mean
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps