Goat Sim 3 trailer uses footage from GTA 6 leak, causes Rockstar to continually try to take it down

sasdasdadsadsds.png

The latest Goat Simulator 3 trailer has taken a funny jab at Grand Theft Auto, but in the process has drawn the ire of Rockstar, who is now on a mission to scrub the video from the internet. In it, the Goat Sim devs spotlight one of the NPCs from their game. After a few minutes of gameplay footage from Goat Simulator 3, which showcases ragdoll effects, t-posing, and other amusing AI behavior that you'll be able to interact with as a goat, it cuts to the NPC making a tongue-in-cheek reference to GTA VI--specifically, the leaked footage from earlier this year. This NPC claims he has experience with wacky open-world physics, because he's a character from the early development GTA VI build, using the actual footage in the trailer.

What was meant to serve as a joke was apparently not funny at all to Rockstar and Take-Two, because not long after the trailer was uploaded, it was taken down, "in response to a report by the copyright owner". Reuploads of the trailer began to crop up, only to be copyright-claimed moments after. The Goat Simulator Twitter account replied to the video being removed with the Simpsons "I'm in danger" meme, but it's uncertain as to whether or not anything will come of the stunt.

:arrow: Source

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Rockstar deserves much more hate than they have now
Post automatically merged:

I like that even big companies doesn't mind trolling them
Post automatically merged:

Actually, when it just popped out, they've really said "It is fake 😎" or something like that

Last edited by FriendlyPolygon,

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Weirdly opinionated submission from @Chary, I'm surprised.

This wasn't a random meme from someone on the internet, it was a company using someone else's intellectual property to advertise their own. Doesn't matter if it was "just a joke". Companies have been crucified for much less when they were suspected to having ripped off a "commoner".

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Weirdly opinionated submission from @Chary, I'm surprised.

This wasn't a random meme from someone on the internet, it was a company using someone else's intellectual property to advertise their own. Doesn't matter if it was "just a joke". Companies have been crucified for much less when they were suspected to having ripped off a "commoner".
it didn't come across as opinionated at all to me, I thought it was fairy neutral in tone.

On the other hand, your post seems oddly defensive. Let the lawyer teams take stuff like this seriously, the rest of us are allowed to have a sense of humour.

Rocco87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly pretty funny. Goat Sim 3 is great and they're just taking a rip at another developer. Rockstar is doing exactly what's expected in this case. Hopefully they'll respond to the jab but they probably have no sense of humor

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On the other hand, your post seems oddly defensive. Let the lawyer teams take stuff like this seriously, the rest of us are allowed to have a sense of humour.
I'm sure she's grateful that a white knight such as yourself has come to shield the staff from any constructive criticism. Unfortunately this is a forum and I'm allowed to write anything I want under the forum rules. I would not have said anything if I didn't consider this submission subpar compared to everything else Chary writes. If you think that lines such as "what was meant to serve as a joke" are neutral then you should get your eyes checked and maybe don't resort to petty rethorics because someone dared to criticize your queen.

EDIT: we got simps and a pedophile in full damage control. I’m sure Chary approves. Lesson learned though: never offer any constructive criticism in here :)

Last edited by City,

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure she's grateful that a white knight such as yourself has come to shield the staff from any constructive criticism. Unfortunately this is a forum and I'm allowed to write anything I want under the forum rules. I would not have said anything if I didn't consider this submission subpar compared to everything else Chary writes. If you think that lines such as "what was meant to serve as a joke" are neutral then you should get your eyes checked and maybe don't resort to petty rethorics because someone dared to criticize your queen.
What started as a thread about a joke has turned into your average Reddit moment. I love the internet.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I know right? Simps everywhere :rofl2:
fetchimage

I'll say you might have had a point about maintaining neutrality, but then you went full reddit crybaby with "hurrdurr simp hurrdurr". 🧂

At the end of the day, it is a joke. The Goat Sim devs didn't do it to be hyper-serious. It was very clearly, ha ha remember when GTA VI leaked and was crappy looking, ha ha guys. Their response to Take-Two was even a meme. So it's no super hardcore legal snafu to approach with decorum lol. Take it easy.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
fetchimage

I'll say you might have had a point about maintaining neutrality, but then you went full reddit crybaby with "hurrdurr simp hurrdurr". 🧂

At the end of the day, it is a joke. The Goat Sim devs didn't do it to be hyper-serious. It was very clearly, ha ha remember when GTA VI leaked and was crappy looking, ha ha guys. Their response to Take-Two was even a meme. So it's no super hardcore legal snafu to approach with decorum lol. Take it easy.
I have responded to flame with flame. Just because you would rather side with your supporter doesn't make what I wrote any less true.

As I said in my original post, we aren't talking about a random person, we're talking about a company. A company using someone else's intellectual propriety to promote their own product. Rockstar has all the rights to be pissed off because 1 you don't use my IP to promote your products without permission and 2 sealing what was supposed to be the leak of a very early build will damage the brand because people may think that GTA VI will look that way. I seriously assumed you would understand. It's so obvious.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fetchimage

Wut you mean I can't just click a few buttons in a programming software and get pretty 8k texture details in like under an hour? I actually gotta do work to make things look pretty and can't rip off others work? Shame. That'll be $59.95 for my clones game kthx.

WHATDOUMEANIMGETTINGSUED?!

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Imagine whining about being allowed to have an opinion because someone shared their opinion. I love when the mentally unfit think free speech is "I can say words without consequence but YOU can't do the same!"

I know right? Simps everywhere :rofl2:

Imagine thinking people can't agree with a woman without being a simp
Big incel vibes. But shit man if this is how you deal with your crippling depression from being terminally alone, more power to ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone