'God of War' sequel delayed to 2022

god of war.JPG

Last year, Sony's Santa Monica Studio announced that the sequel to the PS4's God of War would release sometime in 2021. But the release window has now been pushed to 2022. Head of PlayStation Studios, Hermen Hulst, made the announcement in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog. Santa Monica Studio followed up with a tweet writing that the decision to postpone the release window was made with the focus on "delivering top-quality game while maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our team, creative partners and families".

Hulst revealed some other interesting details in the interview. For one, he says that the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7 will, like Horizon Forbidden West, be available on both PS4 and PS5. He also thinks that Horizon Forbidden West is still on track to release this holiday season but quickly adds that this "isn’t quite certain yet" and they will confirm this at a later date.

The head of PlayStation Studios also reiterated that more PlayStation first-party titles will come to PCs and that they will "continue to look at the right times to launch each game".

As for other PlayStation games, Hermen Hulst revealed that Bend Studio is working on a "very exciting new IP that they’re very, very passionate about" which will build "on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone".

You can read the full interview in the source linked below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
my point of "why buy a console if it has no exclusives" still stands,if i could buy an xbox and get the exact same games, what even is the point of buying a ps5 at that point, exclusives are why people buy systems(unless you're one of those people who goes OMG IT HAS SONY ON IT I MUST CONSUME PRODUCT)

Well that's what he just said, if you can't afford a PC, then the only option is a console.

If it comes down to which console, exclusives are still in the picture as Sony exclusives aren't gonna show up on Xbox (only PC), or Nintendo on either.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my point of "why buy a console if it has no exclusives" still stands,if i could buy an xbox and get the exact same games, what even is the point of buying a ps5 at that point, exclusives are why people buy systems(unless you're one of those people who goes OMG IT HAS SONY ON IT I MUST CONSUME PRODUCT)

I gave you a reason as to why one would buy a console if it has no exclusives and now you're moving the goal posts & asking a completely different question. It's really all pretty simple if you step back and think about it from the perspective of someone with an aging PC. Your answers are common sense. Not my deal if you want to keep moving your goal. Shrug.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I gave you a reason as to why one would buy a console if it has no exclusives and now you're moving the goal posts & asking a completely different question. It's really all pretty simple if you step back and think about it from the perspective of someone with an aging PC. Your answers are common sense. Not my deal if you want to keep moving your goal. Shrug.
you seem to be completely ignoring my point, which is why buy a ps5 since it has 0 exclusives

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great since I have PS5.. I will have more time to finished some games on PS4 thought. Take your time for all you need. :D

inetkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that Bend is able to find excitement in something. I feel like they continue to get the short end of the stick when it comes to Sony owned studios. Even if a Days Gone sequel wasn't greenlit, it's nice to hear they are building upon concepts. Also yeah the GoW news, not a massive surprise, the game also deserves to stand alone. 2021 is getting crammed in the second half of the year, I'm sure even if it was on schedule that Sony would want it bumped regardless.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem to be completely ignoring my point, which is why buy a ps5 since it has 0 exclusives

No, I ignored nothing. But you did ignore my answer and you you did move the posts, again. This is the third time you've changed the question and your point to fit your needs after I already gave you an answer.

1. why would i buy a console if i could play all the games on pc
2. why buy a console if it has no exclusives
3. why buy a ps5 since it has 0 exclusives

The problem here isn't that I ignored anything. It's that my answer wasn't good enough to fall in line with you, so you kept changing your "point" fittingly. I already answered you. I'm done answering you.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...But we've already got a "God of War sequel", don't we? Heck, we've even got a sequel to that sequel!

Give it a different name to the PS2 games, fellas! Don't try to 'overwrite' the PS2 trilogy, making it a pain to clarify which sequel you're talking about unless you search for the release years! You can be more creative than that, surely!

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That ones extremely easy to answer. Because for the majority, buying a Series X or PS5 is cheaper than upgrading their PC to the equivalent of either console. For example, buying a Series X was far, far, FAR cheaper for me than upgrading my i5 2500k, GTX 1060, LGA 1155 motherboard, etc. Just because you or some others have a PC that is a superior build to a console, doesn't mean everyone else does. Exclusives may be why YOU buy a console, and that's fine if you have a great PC, but not everyone does.

This PC can play anything released in the last 10 years and most likely in the next 2-5 years in either 720p60 or 1080p60.
You could also have just bought any RTX 20XX (at MSRP) card for far, FAR cheaper than a XSX and have a rig capable of doing more than what the XSX can.

Well that's what he just said, if you can't afford a PC, then the only option is a console.

If it comes down to which console, exclusives are still in the picture as Sony exclusives aren't gonna show up on Xbox (only PC), or Nintendo on either.

Not the only option either, since if you can buy a console, you can definitely buy a good enough PC.
Besides, a PC can do far more than just current gen gaming.
It's also much cheaper to upgrade what you already have.

Now, a good, valid reason both of you failed to mention: Convenience.
No need to bother with configs, checking compatibility, using fixes etc.
Just turn it on, select a game, play it.

They are absolutely NOT the same question. You just moved them a 4th time. Can't make this up, folks. Nothing left to say in this conversation between us.

1. and 2. are the exact same question worded differently.
3. is the same question again replacing "console" with "PS5"

As for answers, other than convenience and exclusives, there is gaming experience:
-Buying a Switch to have the game be played on the move.
-Buying a PS5 for the haptics on the dual sense and the tempest audio system.

If you care about the above, you'd buy a console.

I'll buy a PS5 exclusively (ha) for the enhanced experience on PS4 games I already own.
In other words, to replace my PS4 for a better version of it.
If I had no PS4, I'd just save for an even better PC.

Last edited by AlexMCS,
Reactions: SeventhSon7

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
release dates are dumb
if a fan asks when the game is coming out, just say "when it's done"
all it leads to are delays and disappointment (as well as a staggering lack of launch games for the new gen consoles)
they serve nothing other than to build up hype and add preorders
they had a purpose back when games took from 6-36 months to make, but nowadays when even the most basic products take 2 years to complete and tweak to perfection (oftentimes still needing day 1 patches after the fact) there's no point when we don't know when it will fully be done and finished. is it coming? yes. when will it be done? we don't know. now STFU and wait

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1