Homebrew Goldleaf and tinfoil corrupts the files on my microsd

kingsora831

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I've been trying to install some games to enjoy during the holidays this week with family.

But everytime I install a few games with either goldleaf or tinfoil atmosphere crashes and when I reboot my payload (hekate 5.0) disappears.

When I'm finally able to fix things all of the few games I was able to install end up corrupted and I have to start all over again.

Is their anyway to prevent this or fix the corruption without having to restart from scratch?

I currently am using latest atmosphere, hekate and kosmos.
And my microsd card Is legitimate, tested and purchased directly by Amazon.

Pretty sure it has to do with my microsd card being formatted as exfat, should I switch to fat32?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is recommended that you use the DZ version of Tinfoil instead. Goldleaf and the old tinfoil aren't as regularly updated, and most issues can usually be solved by switching to the DZ version of Tinfoil.

If you want to install NSP files over USB, you can use nut server with the DZ version of Tinfoil.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: kingsora831

kingsora831

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is recommended that you use the DZ version of Tinfoil instead. Goldleaf and the old tinfoil aren't as regularly updated, and most issues can usually be solved by switching to the DZ version of Tinfoil.

If you want to install NSP files over USB, you can use nut server with the DZ version of Tinfoil.

Do you have the github link for that paticular version?

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to split NSP that is over 4GB put this in a empty folder and drap a NSP and drop on the .bat

You will need that if you switch to FAT32

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks to both.

Is there anything I'll be losing by switching over to fat32?
Besides the ability to hold >4gb files.

no fat32 is better ... just more steps to install larger games ... but worth the hassle -- I learned the hard way

Attachments

• divideNSP.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 172

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to split NSP that is over 4GB put this in a empty folder and drap a NSP and drop on the .bat

You will need that if you switch to FAT32

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no fat32 is better ... just more steps to install larger games ... but worth the hassle -- I learned the hard way
Might as well link to the official legal splitter https://github.com/AnalogMan151/splitNSP/releases

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To each their own. But there's no headache with the python version, and it's cross platform. Either way, don't forget to set the archive bit.

Yeah forgot to mention the archive thing .... I used to program in python back on the OG xbox.... some damn how I can't get python to work right on my win10 pc LOL... I think my .M2 optane corrupted the hell out of my hard drive a few months back and I been to lazt to reinstall windows

Reactions: OrGoN3

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a nut server the only "extra step" is making sure your games are named correctly. The hardest part of which is getting the Title ID (I found http://nswdb.com/ to be the fastest way to find them if you get stuck)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nut-gui-usb-and-network-installer-for-tinfoil-and-sx-installer.531327/
I agree using a NUT server and Tinfoil is easiest, but many keep their devices in Airplane mode, or don't want to use 90DNS, or don't know to restrict their Switch to intranet only on their router.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree using a NUT server and Tinfoil is easiest, but many keep their devices in Airplane mode, or don't want to use 90DNS, or don't know to restrict their Switch to intranet only on their router.
Those people could still use the usb functionality right?

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but if you're using network install, then you're not.
I'm just saying that's not really a disadvantage. Either the user is fine connecting to the internet and they get tether-less installs, or they aren't and have to install games near their computer... which they were going to do anyway.

kingsora831

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys really took this thread and ran with it. Lol
But thanks for the replies.

I just formatted to fat32 and repartioned for emunand.
Gonna try installing some games in a bit and see if I can fill up my Microsd without it corrupting this time.

Once I find the setup that works for me I'll reply back.

Reactions: Undwiz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required...