Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered a 360 earlier this week, I got it for a pretty nice deal. I'm expecting it to come today, but before it gets here, I wanna buy a game to be ready when it gets here. I'm a pretty hardcore PC gamer, so alot of games thats out for 360 and PC I've already tried or own.

I was thinking about getting Gears of Wars 2, but GoW1 wasn't really my taste. I liked it, but only to some degree. But I hear GoW2 is much better, so I was thinking about getting that.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I can only afford one game at the moment (Unless it's a downloadable game) so I need to hear some must-buys.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to the New 360 Owners club, I joined last week! If you're into shooters then I'd highly recommend Stranglehold, it can be picked up pretty cheaply now as well. Lot's of action, amazing graphics and effects and a brilliant story line. Did The Darkness come out on the PC? It's a good FPS game with some twists. I know Bioshock came out on the PC but if you've never played then you should definitely grab it, it's an amazing game.

Cos I'm a little strapped for cash I've bought some of the older cheaper games. You can get 2 or 3 old games for the cost of a new one.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you want a chance from the FPS games that you've been playing on the PC, you should give Crackdown a chance! You can probably find it for rather cheap because it's getting pretty "old". But it's oh so fun
smile.gif

But, if you do enjoy the FPS games, I'm sure you'll find at least ONE on the xbox 360 that you enjoy.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I re bought the 360 for Dead Rising and was glad I did.
Mind you it is a 6 hour game with one objective make sure your at the heli-pad when the clock strikes 12.
However you can choose to save people, you can attempt to go for the good ending which adds another hour to your gameplay, you can try and save 8 females at one time which offers you the fun of chainsawing down the male survivors. (Well not just chainsaws as you could smash their head in with a bowling ball and much more). Again opinions are like assholes so you may not like Dead Rising but for me I love Zombie games and I love games at the $19.99 price point.

Burnout Revenge is another good $20 game

If you like RPGs you could try Blue Dragon, a hell of deal as I think it offers 80 hours of gameplay for just $20. This is one of the few games I started but have yet to finish but it didn't seem to bad when I was playing it.

Those are some budget 360 titles if your in the need to buy. I highly recommend you get a gamefly account since your in the USA since for $18 a month you can get ANY game you want. (I often beat a game in 3 days so a $60 dollar purchase seems silly....unless your playing on Live afterwords which I really have yet to do.) Anyways just a recommendation.

A few more cheap budget titles I have that have yet to play that are worth mentioning are: as mentioned above Stranglehold, Devil May Cry 4, and Ninety-Nine Nights.

*edit
And if we want NEW games will then Saints Row 2, and mind you I hated the GTA3 series but Saints Row 2 seemed to just be a fun game and nicely executed. Another new 360 only game would be Fable 2 which a lot of people seem to like and it was pretty good IMO. Both on the bit expensive side I think but I'll toss those games into the "idea pool"

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm REALLY enjoying Dead Space right now, but it is a single player game, and I assume you'll spring for at least a month of Live. I'm getting Left 4 Dead for xmas and I'm really looking forward to getting in with the community here at GBAtemp and fighting/being zombies together.

It might get a bad wrap for being "lesser than" COD4's godliness, but Call of Duty 5 is actually really good. That said, you can probably pick up COD4 for a little less used these days, and there's still a TON of people playing it.

As for Gears 2.. I have it on good authority that they fixed a lot of what was broke in Gears 1, mainly the sticky-ass cover system.

Normally I suggest Orange Box for it's value, but if you've already played half life and TF2 to death, you might wanna pass, though if you haven't played Portal, I highly recommend it and it can be bought separately on Live Arcade.

Enjoy your 360, and post up your Gamertag HERE when you get signed up.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Space is an AMAZING newer game.

But, for not having a 360 before, i can highly recommend Crackdown for a "getting into 360 gaming" because it is a very fun game.

Also, Burnout Paradise is a BLAST. Devil May Cry 4 is a good time (i've never played 1-3 and i've still highly enjoyed 4).

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my moms (gasps) just ordered the Xbox 360 pro version for me and my younger brother last week. We both didn't like the shovelware games like Kung Fu Panda and Lego: Indiana Jones Collection. So I got myself Sonic Unleashed (As a Sonic fan) and Left 4 Dead. My younger brother whose 17 got himself GoW2 and PoP.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Mirrors Edge isnt on the PC and I really liked it! (its short though)

If you havent got them on PC get either COD WAW or Far Cry 2, both better then GOW 2

Or get Saints Row 2 over GTA IV, GTA sucks

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It may be overlooked, but Madden is a must-have Xbox 360 game anymore. Some of my friends who can't stand sports still pick up Madden to play all their friends online. So Madden has to be considered.

Other than that, Halo 3 is a must-have. I think every gamer needs to play Halo 3 at least once. One of the best games ever made. Gears of War 2 is another must-have. Other choices are Fallout 3, Fable 2, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty (4 or 5, they're both great) and Bioshock. That's just scratching the surface!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first game we bought was Fable 2, it's an awesom game! Finished just 3 days ago. Anyway, Mirrors Edge also looks great, and there are coming new levels via the marketplace... Altough they cost some (how are they called? Membership points?), they look like they're going to be much fun. Halo 3 is also a good game, altough a little short (i thought), you can play online and edit the levels (item and vehicle wise).

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot guys. Really helpful. I forgot to mention I have a PS3 so games like Mirror's Edge or SSF2THDR I already own.

Seems like I'll be choosing Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Fable 2, or Dead Rising.

BTW, does anyone recommend Braid? I've played the trial and love the idea, but I'm not sure how lengthy it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1