Good 'ol Gameboy

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 grey GameBoys, a silver GameBoy Pocket, a opaque purple GameBoy Advance, a silver GameBoy Advance SP and a silver DS Phat
biggrin.gif

All regularly played tbh, although I do play most of my GB games on my Super GameBoy when I'm at home
biggrin.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kineticUK said:
I need to get lameboy on the go and give it that a try. How perfect is it btw?
The only problems I've ever noticed with it for any game are very brief and minor graphical glitches. Mega Man, Pokemon, Mario, Wario, Zelda, Metroid, and everything else I've tried play perfectly.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to own an original gameboy, what happened to it I have no idea (how can someone lose a gameboy? beats me) having 3 brothers might have something to do with it though.

However I still have a working gameboy color, to bad though that most of my original gameboy/color games have dead batteries. Like most when I'm in the retro mood I load up an emulator (lameboy) and play that way.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took my old game boy and did a backlight mod because I could never make out the game play on the low contrast screen. It looks amazing now.
s2qjyx.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two originals, one pocket and a Game Boy Light. Lots of accesories for the original like the arcade stick and magnifier thing you stuck on top.

Lovely handheld but my favourite of Nintendo's handhelds is still the Gameboy Color which I have so many of. Its the 8-bit charm with late 90's modern gameplay ideas that make it so great for me.

Also I do reckon the DS is the worst of the handhelds even though it had some amazing games I just don't think it had as many greats as GB/GBC/GBA. VB dosen't count as a handheld, that fucker you had to strap to your head!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I dunno where mine (and that is "mine and my brother's") went. Parents probably threw it away at some point because we were getting too old for it. Unfortunately, we were too young to know better.

I think I still have kirby's pinball land around, though. Kept it for nostalgic reasons.

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
I have two originals, one pocket and a Game Boy Light. Lots of accesories for the original like the arcade stick and magnifier thing you stuck on top.

I have the same. Gameboy Light (which I will probably never let go of) and a purple GB Color, with matching screen light that plugs into the link port :-)

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
I have one from the first ever UK batch of the GameBoy to be produced as at the time I ran Nintendo's flagship franchise store @ Hamleys in London, they used to fly off the shelves. Around that time I met one of the lawyers fighting Nintendo over the rights to Tetris on the Nes whose argument in court was based around the NES/Famicom being classed as a computer rather than a console (due to the modem, keyboard etc. accessories in Japan). My old GB's screen got those horrible old side lines years back, still works though ; )

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I took better care of my old silver Game Boy Light and Celebi GBA as a kid. The colour's rubbed off on the corners, makes me sad.
frown.gif
Urrgh me and my butter fingers!
cry.gif

My famicom GBASP still looks great though.
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the original Gameboy, but I still have a light-blue Gameboy Advance and a black Gameboy Advance, along with Super Mario World, Pokemon Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the orginal gameboy but its now broken from my little sister getting mad and jumping on it:( i have a gameboy pocket which when i got it was buried in dirt and i found it cleaned it up and amazingly it still worked!!!! I have a gameboy micro and a few games which took me awhile to find last year(more rare then the other ones) and i just bought a gameboy color and pokemon yellow last night.and i love them all!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I liked the cameo the original cast did