Google Chrome vs Firefox

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IE9 is by far the best in my opinion and I have the newest google crome as well as the newest firefox installed on my laptop.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right then, I'll download the latest nightly of Firefox and report back later. Satisfied?
mellow.gif

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Bunie said:
Seriously, it's like your completely and utterly ignoring my results.

"Firefox is faster"
"Chrome is better"

"adblock works better in firefox"
"Chrome is better"

"firefox has better multicore support"
"Chrome is better"

I see.

I see you worship firefox, but why did you call chrome user religious nuts??

I don't care about your bias rants and test, different people different taste..what's wrong with that??

seriously dude, you're not a member of westboro are you??
Bias? I had results. I have proof that all those statements are true. Chrome is better at memory management. But when you weigh in everything, Firefox is better.
In actuality, IE9 is the fastest, best supported, and most HTML5 compliant browser available. However, there is (currently) no Adblock plugin available for IE9, so i wait.
moogle.gif
How can you look at proof, have the ability to see this proof for yourself, and still be an idiot? it's not like you can say "your wrong", when you can see the proof for yourself.

Also, "different people different taste..what's wrong with that??" Have you forgotten what Post this is? Chrome vs Fox
moogle.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol..you're so hell bent on converting people to firefox that you are totally ignorant to what people are saying

different people different taste I know this can be hard for someone like you to understand. so lets just end it..

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know, i dont like the userinterface of Chrome opposed to the FF one but then again ive ben using FF since day 1 so i guess its hard to kick old habit but im having issues finding stuff easily, its like its a browser and you cant edit shit >_<

i knzo you can but i havent found the button yet ;p

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RoMee said:
lol..you're so hell bent on converting people to firefox that you are totally ignorant to what people are saying

different people different taste
He's not trying to convert anyone. He's trying to get you to run a test and see for yourself.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:

different people different taste
Nobody has said anything since i posted my results. Show me different results with the nightly builds. it wont happen. Firefox4 now uses GPU to render things on screen, in a ~MUCH~ faster way than chrome. Firefox also uses an external program to handle embeded objects such as flash or java, wich allows for real, True multicore support. Whats chrome got? Seriously. I want to know. And don't say less ram usage. Lol Firefox uses what it can, its a good scenario. it will shrink when it needs to. but when you have alot of free memory, shouldn't it be used?
unsure.gif

Seriously though. Go ahead, brag about chrome, show me it being better than Firefox. dont just say its better. Show me.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Daidude said:
IE9 is by far the best in my opinion and I have the newest google crome as well as the newest firefox installed on my laptop.
Eh, Internet Explorer 9 also fails to read any XML documents I have. And it crashes way too often for my liking as of right now, and it takes a while to load up at first, though not as worse as Firefox's start-up. I'll probably get IE9 once it leaves beta and gets an official release, but I'll stick with Chrome for now.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I used them both at the latest updates not some beta version.
Fine, Purplesludge, you think betas are slower.

So you can use normal chrome, and use the beta firefox. See whats faster then
moogle.gif
Lol.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with fire, and isnt chrome.
glare.gif

CarbonX13 said:
QUOTE(Daidude @ Nov 4 2010, 10:07 AM) IE9 is by far the best in my opinion and I have the newest google crome as well as the newest firefox installed on my laptop.
Eh, Internet Explorer 9 also fails to read any XML documents I have. And it crashes way too often for my liking as of right now, and it takes a while to load up at first, though not as worse as Firefox's start-up. I'll probably get IE9 once it leaves beta and gets an official release, but I'll stick with Chrome for now.
Yeah IE9 is HORRIDLY buggy, but when it does work, it works WELL. A sign of good things to come, i hope. Unfortunately, i cant live without Adblocker anymore, so even if its the best, i couldn't switch until adblocker is made for IE9 lol.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
purplesludge said:

moogle.gif
Lol.

glare.gif

why does it bother you so much that some people prefer chrome over firefox??
does it hurt??

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
purplesludge said:

moogle.gif
Lol.

glare.gif
I'll try it when it is out of beta, what does it score on the test in my post? I edited it in right before you posted your response.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firefox is the fastest browser out of all the ones I used, Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera Web Browser. Also I get no pop ups on Firefox, though I did not get any on any browser except Netscape and Internet Explorer.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Bunie said:
purplesludge said:

moogle.gif
Lol.

glare.gif

why does it bother you so much that some people prefer chrome over firefox??
does it hurt??
Lol. No. Was just trying to open peoples eyes a bit. Chrome was faster, its true, and i know this. But it isnt anymore, and people should know that. Chrome is no longer the fastest browser. it was originaly built with lightweight speed in mind. And to me, that was a turnoff. I don't like a bulky browser, but lightweight stuff is a turnoff to me, it feels empty. Chrome, when originaly released, felt like it was missing things, as i was used to FFox and IE. it was faster, though. But now, FF4 when released, is going to be much faster than chrome, and nothing will have been sacrificed in order to achieve this.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I'll try it when it is out of beta, what does it score on the test in my post? I edited it in right before you posted your response.
Firefox 4 beta Acid3: 97/100

Though this tells you nothing lol.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Sorry for double-posting, i see no way to delete it though lol

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Chrome on my Windows PC and Chromium on my Linux laptop. I would use firefox if it didn't take 15 seconds to start up, but it definitely is a nice browser.

By the way, for those saying that they aren't using Chrome because Google owns it, use Chromium. It doesn't send any data to Google, and it is identical to Chrome.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Bunie said:
cocomonk22 said:
I used to use both, but then all the extensions I needed from Firefox were ported to Chrome, which I prefer to use because it is the fastest web browser available. I use the dev builds.
You are unbelievably incorrect. Lol.

I tested nightly builds of both. FFox runs circles around chrome.

Proof.
Test Page
Code:
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/FishIETank/Default.html
Win32 Nightly Build of chrome
Code:
http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/
Win32 Nightly Build of Firefox (64-bit build doesn't work, wich is fine, Because Chrome has no 64-bit build)
Code:
http://nightly.mozilla.org/

Results on my low-end PC:
Firefox with 20 fish: 60Fps
Chrome with 20 fish: 11Fps

For fun i ran Firefox with 50 fish, Still had 60Fps, and 100 Fish was 50Fps. Chrome dropping at 20, i didn't bother.

Test2:
CODEhttp://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/SpeedReading/Default.html
Firefox: 41Fps, 24ms average draw duration
Chrome: 3fps, 272ms average draw duration (Had to retest, Chrome had an unfair advantage in my last test, and still lost MAJORLY, btw.)

Feel free to run these yourself.
And Stfu, you chrome fans remind me of religious nuts.
moogle.gif

Firslty I do NOT have a gaming PC, I am doing this on a mid range LAPTOP.

With Chrome and GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D on in about:flags I have 1000 fish and 35fps
With Firefox 4 beta and 1000 fish I get 28fps

Speed reading
Chrome: 60fps (Chrome is disadvatgaed to having a bigger browser size due to more compact toolbars)
Firefox: 43fps

In what way is firefox better?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to see definitive proof supporting the argument that I should switch to Chrome. Only a lot of whining, bias kids screaming "CHROME" or "FIREFOX".

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest there is not a huge difference, really depends on personal preferences and there is no reason you shouldn't have both.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an avid FF4 fan, i will be honest.
However, i am honest when i give browser results.
Here are results for the Sputnik Test, using Todays Nightly FF, Nightly Chrome, and IE9 Beta:

FF4:
Total:5246
Succeeded:5062
Failed:184

Chrome7:
Total:5246
Succeeded:5110
Failed: 136

IE9:
Total: 5246
Succeeded: 5157
Failed: 89

As you can see, Chrome barely beats firefox, wich is to be expected. However, like i said earlier, IE9 devastates every other browser, in every way. Speed, Rendering, Javascript compliance, IE9 always wins.

Sputnik is a javascript compliance test made and hosted by Google.
Code:
http://sputnik.googlelabs.com/

I only dont use IE9 for three reasons
1)They abandoned XP too soon
2)Buggy, waiting for official release
3)No Adblocker

When numbers 2 and 3 are fixed, i will likely consider switching.

Because of IE7 and IE8's suckiness, and the general term of Microsoft, an irrational hatred has grown for all things Internet Explorer. And so i suppose people may have a hard time accept IE9 wins Lol. But at this moment in time, it does. The problem is, Chrome and Firefox will eventualy catch up to, and surpase IE9. Microsoft only updates once every 3 years or so, while firefox/chrome update every 4 or 5 months. Due to this, it will eventualy surpass IE9. But at this moment in time, its somthing i can say that i havnt said in FOREVER

internet explorer WINZZZZZZZZZZ Lol.
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now 12%