[Google Form] Did you get suspicius logins in your Nintendo Account?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello there!

Recenly, many people reported their accounts being accessed without permission, if you are one of those affected, could you please answer the following questions? Several developers suspect on what may be causing the problem, by filling the form you will help them identify the issue or discard the theory.

EDIT: (The results don't follow any specific pattern that could prove anything, almost everybody who answered the poll had a 3ds and a switch, being accessed or not, so it could be completely unrelated to a console until we hear an update from Nintendo.)

Please, consider answering even if you were not affected. The questions asking if you have your Nintendo Account linked apply only to the compromised account in the case you have multiple.

Please @Chary would you mind giving more attention to this thread so we have more data? :)

Last edited by PabloMK7,
D

Deleted User

i have no idea how to tell if my account was accessed, do i get an email?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I would've included questions like "Do you use a password manager? If so, which password managers do you use?" "Do you have 2FA enabled on your Nintendo Account?" "Which accounts do you have linked to your Nintendo Account?"
I still filled it out though. Haven't been hacked but I hope the information is useful.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only a fool would log in to someone else's account and attempt to steal PayPal/credit card information without a VPN. Highly unlikely that they're actually from America.
They don't have to be in America to be American though. Plus if you really think you are safe from being found using a vpn then more fool you.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't have to be in America to be American though. Plus if you really think you are safe from being found using a vpn then more fool you.
It's undeniable that using a VPN at least adds another layer of security. Of course it's not guaranteed safety but it's much better than just using your normal IP, no hacker would ever do that. Hackers don't usually use VPNs from their own country (or their own continent, for that matter), so my post was just meant to point out the fact that it's very unlikely he's even from any America at all.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Nothing suspicious on my Switch account.
Nintendo's website won't let me check my 3ds accounts tho.
The fuck are you going on about? Your Switch and 3DS are both controlled by the same Nintendo Account. If someone had access to your NNID, it would show on your Nintendo Account.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have got 67 answers so far. Looks like there isn't a clear relation between people having their console linked and having logins. That's good as it means there isn't a console exploit stealing auth tokens. :) (Wii U, we were looking at you.)

In any case, I'll wait for more answers so it can be confirmed.

EDIT: Now Nintendo confirmed that people are using NNID to access the accounts, this may reinforce the theory of a console exploit being the reason.

Last edited by PabloMK7,

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had nothing on my account but I've got 2FA turned on. I do however know people who've had their accounts compromised but they are using that password on other services so the hack could be from elsewhere and just someone trying their luck.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Now Nintendo confirmed that people are using NNID to access the accounts, this may reinforce the theory of a console exploit being the reason.
No. It's due to password reuse, just as I suspected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: