Android Got a Nexus 7 - Need help with a few things

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put them anywhere where you can go with ES file explorer... i recommend the download folder... once both is they you are ready to go.

go to the recover, to do this open multirom with the three dots on the top right corner you should see reboot.. click recovery option.

once your are in recovery it should look like this

View attachment 13585

click advanced

than multiROM

add ROM

And so I copy them to the download folder, but what do you mean, "with the three dots on the top right corner?" on the main screen, after opening the app? And once in recovery mode, do I open ES explorer, THEN recovery mode? I'm confused now.

1 - Place files in Download folder
2 - Open ES Explorer
3 - Open both zip files (?)
4 - Open MultiROM manager and boot into recovery mode(?)
5 - Then advanced the add ROM....

Damn...because I don't see those three dots on the upper right corner on the main OS interface. But I did in fact let MultiROM manager let it do its thing, that I assure you.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which firmware are you on... i thought you was on 4.4.3

it should be right next to refresh.

IMG_20150102_173715.jpg

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which firmware are you on... i thought you was on 4.4.3

it should be right next to refresh.

I am on 4.4.3. OOOH, you mean in the app..hold on. Okay, in recovery mode now, then to advanced, and then MultiROM, add ROM, then select Android, install to internal memory, next?

Edit: Flame , in recovery mode right now, went to Advanced, MultiROM, add ROM, Android, internal memory, I see next, I click that?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am on 4.4.3. OOOH, you mean in the app..hold on. Okay, in recovery mode now, then to advanced, and then MultiROM, add ROM, then select Android, install to internal memory, next?

click advanced

than multiROM

add ROM

than next

than zip file

go to download where i said put your files

by which i mean the CM10 file

than click file cm10

confirm

than it should install the rom.

edit:
the_randomizer than once the rom has installed.. you need to install the gapps

click advanced

than multiROM

list ROMs click cm10 in the manage list

flash ZIP

go to the Gapps file an install that

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
click advanced

than multiROM

add ROM

than next

than zip file

go to download where i said put your files

by which i mean the CM10 file

than click file cm10

confirm

than it should install the rom.

Okay, installing....installed....now rebooting now..how do I go to 4.1 after rebooting? It booted me to 4.4.1 and not 4.1. ROM installed without a hitch, but it didn't let me choose to boot up in 4.1.

Uh....

Edit: Flame once I flash the zip with that Gapp.zip file, and reboot, then what? How do I choose 4.1? Edit 2: zip flashed, rebooted successfully, no errors at all, but how do I choose 4.1?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, installing....installed....now rebooting now..how do I go to 4.1 after rebooting? It booted me to 4.4.1 and not 4.1. ROM installed without a hitch, but it didn't let me choose to boot up in 4.1.

Uh....

what? you didnt wait... you needed to install the gapps

click advanced

than multiROM

flash ZIP

edit:

in the multiROM app click the three lines on the left.

and you should see manage ROMS..

can you see the CM10 rom in that list..

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what? you didnt wait... you needed to install the gapps

click advanced

than multiROM

flash ZIP

I flashed the zip, but I don't see where the "install" button is for the Gapps file. I went to flash, I chose the zip, it said, slide screen to confirm. It then rebooted. I didn't have a choice.

Edit: Flame, yes, the ROM shows up just fine. But there was no option for me to install Gapps after flashing the ROM with that zip file. It just rebooted.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you did it right it should ask when your nexus starts up for you too choose.

But all it did was ask me slide screen to confirm the gapps.zip to be flashed or whatever it was. So now I need to actually turn it off?

When it rebooted, it didn't give me a choice, but I thought I saw too options. How do I bring that menu up?

Flame, can I use the MultiROM manager to choose the ROM I wish to load after reboot? Reboot to recovery? Bootloader?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But all it did was ask me slide screen to confirm the gapps.zip to be flashed or whatever it was. So now I need to actually turn it off?

When it rebooted, it didn't give me a choice, but I thought I saw too options. How do I bring that menu up?

IMG_20150102_175540.jpg

im that image can you see the "List ROMs" you need click that option for you to install Gapps.

than tap the cm10 in the list to add...

in they should be an option which says flash zip.

than go to the location of gapps.. than it should install in the cm10 rom.

the_randomizer i recmmond that you install gapps casue its pretty shit with out it.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1.2 by the way, but uh, keyboard seems to be missing, the virtual keyboard? Yeah, I can't type in my WiFi password. I rebooted and chose that CGmod or whatever it's called and 4.1.2 booted fine, but uh..no keyboard.

Edit: Flame, but how? I couldn't see the damn thing or any option to install the app. Is that why the Android virtual keyboard isn't working? I flashed the zip file as you said, and I do see the ROM, but no prompt or option to install the app.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 4.1.2 by the way, but uh, keyboard seems to be missing, the virtual keyboard? Yeah, I can't type in my WiFi password. I rebooted and chose that CGmod or whatever it's called and 4.1.2 booted fine, but uh..no keyboard.

have you installed the gapps.. i know im on a loop about installing gapps.. but with out the gapps its pretty shit, like it doesnt work right.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you installed the gapps.. i know im on a loop about installing gapps.. but with out the gapps its pretty shit, like it doesnt work right.

How? On the MultiROM manager, there was no "install" option, but I did see that the ROM was installed. But when I clicked that gapps zip file, it didn't do jack shit, just prompted me to flash the zip file, but not install. When I flashed the ROM with the gapps zip file, it just rebooted. So, I don't know. I don't know how to install the actual app now.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How? On the MultiROM manager, there was no "install" option, but I did see that the ROM was installed.

you need to install the gapps with recovery too.

IN recovery!

click advanced

than multiROM

in the "List ROMs" you need click that option for you to install Gapps.

than tap the cm10 in the list to add...

in they should be an option which says flash zip.

than go to the location of gapps.. than it should install in the cm10 rom

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to install the gapps with recovery too.

Did that, followed all those steps, I'm at the "Swipe to confirm flash" with the gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip. Is that not what I did earlier? Because that's what I did before. I didn't see any app get installed.

Flame, I f***ing give up. I followed those steps, exactly, I followed them, I flashed the zip, I don't see any options to install the app.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did that, followed all those steps, I'm at the "Swipe to confirm flash" with the gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip. Is that not what I did earlier? Because that's what I did before. I didn't see any app get installed.

in the CM10 rom can you see the playstore?

just get swiftkey keyboard...

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the CM10 rom can you see the playstore?

just get swiftkey keyboard...
No, I can't, I need a WiFi password, and without the keyboard working, I can't connect

Edit: Flame Yeah, with what money? I don't have any money to get one.

So that's it then, I'm screwed, FUBAR, stuck to never continue. Wow, just f***ing wow. Why the hell did I even bother doing this? I can't install Gapps, all I could do is flash it, but there was no actual app installation. I give up.

Edit 2: Yep, I need to somehow install that Gapps app.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I can't, I need a WiFi password, and without the keyboard working, I can't connect

Edit: Flame Yeah, with what money? I don't have any money to get one.

So that's it then, I'm screwed, FUBAR, stuck to never continue. Wow, just f***ing wow. Why the hell did I even bother doing this? I can't install Gapps, all I could do is flash it, but there was no actual app installation. I give up.

FOUND IT!

that gapps is buggy... install this https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip/ gapps

you need to get used to this cause android modding world is very buggy at times.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOUND IT!

that gapps is buggy... install this https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip/ gapps

you need to get to this cause android modding world is very buggy at times.

Thank you! So I just need to follow the same process as before on 4.4.3, open up the MultiROM manager, go to the CM ROM or whatever it's called, and then flash the zip? Should it prompt me then to install the app or what should happen?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! So I just need to follow the same process as before on 4.4.3, open up the MultiROM manager, go to the CM ROM or whatever it's called, and then to flash the zip? Should it prompt me then to install?

yep. :yay:

but make the_randomizer that you install the gapps in list rom options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...