• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Government class instruction comparing Obama to Hitler draws public ire in Baldwin County (Alabama)

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 5,006
  • Replies 77
  • Likes 1

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a certain ethnic minority group hates obama for not bombing iran,the same ethnic minority that 98% of the authors of the books on that reading list belong to as well as the teacher , wow what a surprise

Last edited by weatMod,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't care for the FED, it's not a government institution. What is essentially a corporation should not be regulating currency.

It literally is a government institution. It's largely autonomous, but then you really don't want elected politicians abusing monetary policy for personal short term gain.

The UK equivalent would be the bank of england & it only escaped from politicians meddling in 1998. If you compare how it was before to how it is now, I'll keep how it is now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It literally is a government institution. It's largely autonomous, but then you really don't want elected politicians abusing monetary policy for personal short term gain.
Nah instead it's mostly a board of private banking CEOs deciding things on a whim...much better. /s

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I came across what appears to be the full list. If @Xzi wants to put it in the OP, feel free.

1498085479_b143.jpg

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Obama is the same as hittler spread the word i love it!!
Yeah I remember when Hitler retired from being US president after a full two terms. Wait...

Trump's the only one left to blame your problems on if you're trying to avoid taking responsibility for them now. "Sat on my balls today. THANKS TRUMP!"

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sickening effectivly brainwashing today's youth if i read that list alone I'd drop out btw is the federal government doing anything about it probably not with Donald hitler trump in office

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so much misconception about Hitler...

If you truly want to look at an evil man, look at Himmler or Stalin.
I'd go for Stalin if you truly want someone fucked up.
Let's not downplay the suffering he put over 6 million innocent Jews through (not to mention gays and political rivals)

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Let's not downplay the suffering he put over 6 million innocent Jews through

What about the millions of Ukrainians, starved to death by Stalin?
The brutal massacre in the Katyn forest ordered by Stalin on dozens of Polish officers.
The brutal gulags where everyone and their dog got locked up by Stalin.
The millions of innocent civilians in the USSR that starved to death by him.

Himmler introduced the Einsatzgruppen in the SS which resulted in mass executions.
He found that this was to traumatizing for the officers commencing the shootings so he thought of the death camps.

Please, learn your history.

Reactions: DarthDub

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the millions of Ukrainians, starved to death by Stalin?
The brutal massacre in the Katyn forest ordered by Stalin on dozens of Polish officers.
The brutal gulags where everyone and their dog got locked up by Stalin.
The millions of innocent civilians in the USSR that starved to death by him.

Himmler introduced the Einsatzgruppen in the SS which resulted in mass executions.
He found that this was to traumatizing for the officers commencing the shootings so he thought of the death camps.

Please, learn your history.
You say that like I was trying to imply that Stalin or Himmler weren't awful as well

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You say that like I was trying to imply that Stalin or Himmler weren't awful as well

Compared to Stalin, Hitler is a pussy.

But the first thing people tie Hitler to is the mass murder of ~6 million Jews.
People always forget that Himmler was more involved with the genocide on the Jews then Hitler was.

But yes, if you worded your post differently, it wouldn't seem that way.

Oh, idk if you already knew but the Volkswagen beetle? it's Hitlers people car.
Autobahn? Hitlers creation.
Anti smoking campaigns? Hitler his work.
Animal rights? mostly Hitler.

By no means am I denying the holocaust nor am I trying to redeem the man.
I'm simply pointing out historical facts that get greatly overlooked.

Edit: Hitler never even visited a death camp.
Himmler however visited numerous camps and criticized the security and build of many on the spot.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compared to Stalin, Hitler is a pussy.

But the first thing people tie Hitler to is the mass murder of ~6 million Jews.
People always forget that Himmler was more involved with the genocide on the Jews then Hitler was.

But yes, if you worded your post differently, it wouldn't seem that way.

Oh, idk if you already knew but the Volkswagen beetle? it's Hitlers people car.
Autobahn? Hitlers creation.

By no means am I denying the holocaust nor am I trying to redeem the man.
I'm simply pointing out historical facts that get greatly overlooked.

Edit: Hitler never even visited a death camp.
Himmler however visited numerous camps and criticized the security and build of many on the spot.

Bruh we can do this shit about the USSR, it doesn't redeem the fucking terrible things done under Stalinism.

-Went from an almost exclusively agrarian nation to having a space program in 40 years
-Nearly eliminated illiteracy
-Equal pay, voting rights, and access to education for women
-Doubling of life expectancy from Tsarist times
-Elimination of homelessness

That's bullshit that Hitler didn't know what was going on in those camps. How could he not know people were being murdered but the Allies did?.

He also said this...

Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will have gallows built in rows—at the Marienplatz in Munich, for example—as many as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged indiscriminately, and they will remain hanging until they stink; they will hang there as long as the principles of hygiene permit. As soon as they have been untied, the next batch will be strung up, and so on down the line, until the last Jew in Munich has been exterminated. Other cities will follow suit, precisely in this fashion, until all Germany has been completely cleansed of Jews.

source

and this...

We are going to destroy the Jews. They are not going to get away with what they did on 9 November 1918. The day of reckoning has come.

source
And we say that the war will not end as the Jews imagine it will, namely with the uprooting of the Aryans, but the result of this war will be the complete annihilation of the Jews.

source

If at the beginning of the war and during the war twelve or fifteen thousand of these Hebrew corrupters of the people had been held under poison gas, as happened to hundreds of thousands of our very best German workers in the field, the sacrifice of millions at the front would not have been in vain.

source

wow it's almost as if Adolf Hitler wanted to kill all the jews or something??? but 6 million of them dying in the camps he put them in was definitely just a coincidence and not really his fault! poor guy is awfully misunderstood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bruh we can do this shit about the USSR, it doesn't redeem the fucking terrible things done under Stalinism.

-Went from an almost exclusively agrarian nation to having a space program in 40 years
-Nearly eliminated illiteracy
-Equal pay, voting rights, and access to education for women
-Doubling of life expectancy from Tsarist times
-Elimination of homelessness

That's bullshit that Hitler didn't know what was going on in those camps. How could he not know people were being murdered but the Allies did?.

He also said this...

and this...

wow it's almost as if Adolf Hitler wanted to kill all the jews or something??? but 6 million of them dying in the camps he put them in was definitely just a coincidence and not really his fault! poor guy is awfully misunderstood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice attempt at putting words in me mouth ;')

If you read closely, I pointed out the terrible things that Stalin did and I never said that Hitler didn't know what was going in.
Idk what you make of "Hitler never visited a camp" but I never said anything about him not knowing what went on.
You must be pretty blind I guess.

Also: do note that literature isn't 100% accurate.
They're heavily revised before being put through the presses.
Things get cut and edited a lot before it's approved for printing.

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice attempt at putting words in me mouth ;')

If you read closely, I pointed out the terrible things that Stalin did and I never said that Hitler didn't know what was going in.
Idk what you make of "Hitler never visited a camp" but I never said anything about him not knowing what went on.
You must be pretty blind I guess.

Also: do note that literature isn't 100% accurate.
Things get cut and edited a lot before it's approved for printing.

Your inclusion of "Hitler never even visited a death camp" implies that he didn't really know what was going on or at least isn't really to blame for the holocaust. The subsequent statement about Himmler reinforces that.

But you're right, you didn't explicitly state that. I am very tired and misread what you wrote. My apologies.

Things get cut and editeda lot before it's approved for printing.

what parts of the literature that I cited were edited?

Reactions: CallmeBerto
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So limiting personal liberties and de-valuing human life? Sounds about right.

Anyway, if you were going to compare a president to Hitler, it would be George W. Bush. The way he snatched up a bunch of emergency powers in the wake of disaster is very reminiscent of both Julius Caesar and Hitler. Thankfully, he wasn't bright enough to follow through with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(