Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Did I ever say I did research on it or Rauf in any detail? No. I just said that past experience I've seen them not be 100% straight is all back during the 2008 election and no 2 years later I can't dig up and cite the shit out of facts for you to stop being so defensive about it.

Asking for evidence to support your statements isn't being defensive. Without evidence in support of your claims and in light of evidence to the contrary, I'd be apt to disregard them. If you can present some facts that back up your statements, I might reconsider.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
My entire point was that not everyone is going to want that there, and there likely will be someone to try and cause some damage to the property in retribution, much like McVeigh did in Oklahoma City back in the 90s..
Since this started, I've heard at least 3 news stories already about people elsewhere vandalizing and burning mosques, 1 about people burning the machines at a mosque's construction site, and a story about a Muslim cab driver being repeatedly slashed and stabbed by a fare who got in and just asked, "Are you muslim?". It's already happening. Americans are becoming terrorists to torture Muslims.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my intitial point but people like Bri like to get all uppity on people and nitpick posts which is why I said I wouldn't go digging two years back taking time to back up other shit as it was pointless. I can tell when someone doesn't look the type to change their mind or concede and learned it years ago so I find better things to do.

You are right though that it's happening now, hell today there's story out of some people torching a Tennessee mosque, yeah, arson -- called it. Someone pissed at muslims taking it out on their property, big revelation.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
That was my intitial point but people like Bri like to get all uppity on people and nitpick posts which is why I said I wouldn't go digging two years back taking time to back up other shit as it was pointless. I can tell when someone doesn't look the type to change their mind or concede and learned it years ago so I find better things to do.

You stated that "the Imam in charge at this site to be is a known problem." I posted an article from FactCheck.org that seems to contradict your statement. Instead of presenting evidence to support your original statement, you attacked FactCheck.org, again without presenting any evidence to support your attack.

Your statements that I "like to get uppity on people and nitpick posts" and earlier calling me "defensive" is known as an "ad hominem" attack, and is often an attempt to distract from the fact that no actual evidence has been presented.

Since I previously stated that if you were to present compelling evidence that I would consider changing my opinion, your statement "I can tell when someone doesn't look the type to change their mind or concede" is also without basis.

-Bri

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes the Mosque should be built, why is America going through a culture shock?! Muslims are people too not terrorist, look at how the Asians, Europeans, Russians, and other cultural backgrounds can live in peace with us. However, we seem to feel that Muslims have no right to express their freedom. Even if they move the Mosque farther from Ground Zero, its still going to be denied because NY don't want that reminder of the terror on Sept. 11th.

I don't blame them for their offensive argument about the building, that should also include that nothing can't be built there.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
"Nitpicking" apparently meaning "Not letting me make groundless claims without having to back them up, no fair, that's cheating."

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Bri

I actually voted no, but thinking on the Constitution... I wanted to change it to yes. I don't think the church should be rebuilt, maybe at the very least put a modest monument respecting said church, but don't rebuild it. I think places of business should be allowed to be built there (Not on, but around), because that is basically what the WTC stood for right? We Need to put out some site that we are recovering from the shock... Right?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree that business should resume at the site where possible. A memorial is appropriate as well.

I also think that any law-abiding religious group has the right to build in the area just like anyone else.

-Bri

akamepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It is just not an appropriate time to build mosque. Not yet. People are still traumatized with 9/11. Building mosque there only create bigger hatred and suspicion.

9/11 shows that there are actually a gap between Islam and western civilization. Many people in America (and world globally) still have false understanding about Islam. This is the first thing that must be repaired.

I think what more important is build the center of interfaith dialogue (and of course civilizations). It is more effective than building the mosque, if you want to promote understanding between different religions and civilizations. That just my opinion anyway...

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
akamepi said:
I think what more important is build the center of interfaith dialogue (and of course civilizations). It is more effective than building the mosque, if you want to promote understanding between different religions and civilizations. That just my opinion anyway...
Perhaps some sort of "cultural center" where people of all beliefs could go to learn?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blood Fetish said:
akamepi said:
Perhaps some sort of "cultural center" where people of all beliefs could go to learn?
That's a much better idea. And instead of building it a ground zero how about two blocks away? Surely nobody could protest about that?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Blood Fetish said:
akamepi said:
That's a much better idea. And instead of building it a ground zero how about two blocks away? Surely nobody could protest about that?
They could, but there's no space and they don't own any land there.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
Depravo said:
Blood Fetish said:
akamepi said:
They could, but there's no space and they don't own any land there.
If only there were some sort of unused, dilapidated building that they might be able to purchase, that would be perfect!

-Bri

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really don't see the point getting pissed off at it
mellow.gif
It's not like the people who have anything to do with it are the terrorist. This just seems like another excuse to isolate and pick on another group of people due something that weren't even part of.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
akamepi said:
It is just not an appropriate time to build mosque. Not yet. People are still traumatized with 9/11.
Well then, I ask, when would be the appropriate time? A century from now? For fuck's sake, the attacks were nearly 10 years ago.

Also, I laughed at how you got trolled real bad and didn't even notice.

READ THE TOPIC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1