Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
` regret . said:
To run these you need a PSX emulator right? Or just run the eboot thing. :x
You need a modified PSP to play these, once converted to EBOOTs.

(:. Thanks, but I knew that already. I was just wondering if a modded psp is all you need, or do you need a homebrew application to run the files?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Sony very nicely have been including and updating a PS1 emulator in the firmware updates since 3.xx (I think) and Dark_alex hacked it to run any iso converted to ISO. If you're on 5.00M33 or 5.50Gen-D3 then just convert and put it in your game folder

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
Nope. Sony very nicely have been including and updating a PS1 emulator in the firmware updates since 3.xx (I think) and Dark_alex hacked it to run any iso converted to ISO. If you're on 5.00M33 or 5.50Gen-D3 then just convert and put it in your game folder

Thanks a bunch (:. My memory stick just arrived in the mail today and I can finally play these PSX games without unhooking and rehooking over and over again.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I will say however that it would be a good idea to get the popsloader plugin for whichever CFW you have (search for "popsloader complete pack" or something, all the prx files come from OFWs so I'm not sure whether its considered warez or not) as some games don't work too well on certain popsloader versions (in general all officially released games will run perfectly on the one in 5.50 GEN D3)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
I will say however that it would be a good idea to get the popsloader plugin for whichever CFW you have (search for "popsloader complete pack" or something, all the prx files come from OFWs so I'm not sure whether its considered warez or not) as some games don't work too well on certain popsloader versions (in general all officially released games will run perfectly on the one in 5.50 GEN D3)

How about Final Fantasy 8? Doesn't it need one of the more recently released 6.x firmwares?

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, all older officially released PS1 games work on the CFW pops, there are newer ones which require 6.x OFW's Popsloader (which I think GEN are working on integrating in)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
(which I think GEN are working on integrating in)

What makes you think that? Supposedly it's impossible to integrate 6.20 features on 5.50 and GEN don't appear to have ever mentioned that they're able to... Also from what i've seen on the GEN forums D3 is less compatible with PSX games than earlier GEN firmwares or M33 and so if you're interested in PSX games you're better off staying away from it.

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
None of my games start.
frown.gif
. 3 of them give me a black screen then after about 5 seconds it says "The game could not be started. (80000004) D: The other one just says "This game could not be started, data is corrupt", I'm not using any sort of program to run these, no emulators, homebrew or anything. I'm on 5.03 GEN-C (Full) on a PSP 3001.

Update : I just formated my memory stick and tried again, now when I go to them it says "File Data Courrpt"

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
` regret . said:
None of my games start.
frown.gif
. 3 of them give me a black screen then after about 5 seconds it says "The game could not be started. (80000004) D: The other one just says "This game could not be started, data is corrupt", I'm not using any sort of program to run these, no emulators, homebrew or anything.
Think you can be a little more specific? What PSP do you have? What firmware does it have? What are your current settings?

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
` regret . said:
None of my games start.
frown.gif
. 3 of them give me a black screen then after about 5 seconds it says "The game could not be started. (80000004) D: The other one just says "This game could not be started, data is corrupt", I'm not using any sort of program to run these, no emulators, homebrew or anything.
Think you can be a little more specific? What PSP do you have? What firmware does it have? What are your current settings?

I updated it right after you quoted, right before you posted. (: I don't know how to check the settings but the rest is in that post.

I'm on 5.03 GEN-C (Full) on a PSP 3001.

Can somebody link me to a popsloader that works for that? I have no idea how the different popsloaders work.

Update : I just formated my memory stick and tried again, now when I go to them it says "File Data Courrpt"

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
` regret . said:
Skyline969 said:
` regret . said:
None of my games start.
frown.gif

I updated it right after you quoted, right before you posted. (: I don't know how to check the settings but the rest is in that post.

Can somebody link me to a popsloader that works for that? I have no idea how the different popsloaders work.

If you rebooted, you need to re-apply MHUSpeed/ChickHEN and go back into GEN-C, as it clears when you turn off your PSP. Just making sure you know that.

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
` regret . said:
Skyline969 said:
` regret . said:
None of my games start.
frown.gif

If you rebooted, you need to re-apply MHUSpeed/ChickHEN and go back into GEN-C, as it clears when you turn off your PSP. Just making sure you know that.

Yup, I know, I'm solving the problem with the OP via PM, lets stop spamming this awesome thread now. (:

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update time!!!

I have found another database of Pops Icons HERE It is a relatively new site and many of the icons and pics offered are lacklustre but it gives a lot more choice than Pixelstation, anybody with images to add please do to aid this new database!

Added to the original guide post too but thought people not looking for the guide would like to have this brought to their attention

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can finally convert my psx games correctly, even multi disc games. It's still kinda hard to find good pics, tho.

What I want to ask is about compatibility:
I heard that Digimon World 3 has some bugs after advancing a lot in the game. How can I know this won't happen?

[I looked got a compatibility list, but it doesn't explain much about this.]

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Meowayne - yes you can (couldn't reply earlier as i wasn't logged in) - you need CWCheat and the manage memory card option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...