Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Ok, guys... I've been digging around here and I kinda get the emulation thing but.... I just wanna ask about FFIX. Do I need to get a popsloader for it or can I just stick it in the games folder and play it? I heard it's working pretty well.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running on the recommended POPs from the list I have which is 3.90 and the game runs flawlessly, you could try running it on 5.50 GEN D3 and see if you get any glitches.

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i'm trying this method but it says cannot open.......psx2psp v.1.4.2/ files base.pbp. why this happens?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
don_eno said:
i'm trying this method but it says cannot open.......psx2psp v.1.4.2/ files base.pbp. why this happens?
That's one of the main problems.
All you need to do is Google PSX2PSP base.pbp, download it and then put it in where the error says it can't open it.
It usually comes with the program but I guess not

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to options and unselect use data.psp (...or select it...i can never remember which way round it is if you don't have base.pbp)

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
where do i put ps1 games. i put them in the same folder i have the psp games but my psp doesn't recognise them(i can't find them) i have a psp 1004 with 5.50 gen-d3 and i did the eboot thing and my files are now eboot.pbp

weiHe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why my PSX2PSP wont let me run theme mode, i can get classic working fine and already made a eboot of ff7.
But for some reason theme mode comes up with a black box?
And thanks for the wonderful tutorial!!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have various PSX2PSP Themes for skinning the GUI in the Theme folder?

weiHe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i have a default-silver theme within that folder....how bizarre, i can see the layout and everything, but i guess vista just doesnt want to play nice.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a backup of tales of phantasia, but the problem is the psp conversion keeps on crashing. I know it does this when the compression level is greater than 4, I didnt convert it. I was wondering if I convert it myself will I be able to use my old save file or will I have to start the game again?

nice tutorial by the way

EDIT yes it works perfectly

RyuDraconis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a curiosity question. Once you have the eboot up and running, and the game working, is it possible to change the aspect ratio any (like get a full screen effect or something) or will it always be the box?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RyuDraconis said:
I have a curiosity question. Once you have the eboot up and running, and the game working, is it possible to change the aspect ratio any (like get a full screen effect or something) or will it always be the box?

Press the Home button there's an option somewhere there that will allow you to change the resolution

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a question about 2 disks in one eboot. For example is Xenogears, Disks 1 and 2 have different GameIDs (00664 and 00669). Do I have to change the GameID of Disk 2 to the GameID of Disk 1 when converting so that the save from the 1st would continue to the 2nd disk? I haven't gotten that far from the game, just wondering if I should make another eboot with the same ID?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...