Not open for further replies.

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niu said:
R4i SDHC looks like a use TT patch engine.
Why buy a R4, you should have a better choice.

O man, your freaking right, i opting for DSTT or CycloDS

//add on - we should make a sticky topic with xx-large font, "Now R4 is officially not supported!"

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
oh... don't buy a DSTT.
DSTT like dead.

I recommend the following
-CycloDS Evolution
-SuperCard DSone SDHC
-M3DS Real
-iTouchDS
-AK2/i
-edge
-EZ5p/i

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
biggrin.gif
i did it without all those things you told in the tutorial...well i didn't do the notepad thingy..works as a breeze

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niu said:
T0rnZer0 said:
pong106 said:
If the latest firmware and my method couldn't work, you can try out the previous version (DSTT 1.16) and follow the step provided at the first post of this thread or any post before mine.

Just remember overwrite the (pre-patched)TTMenu.dat to the folder then use the TTextract
I already tried this. It didn't work. If you can help me get it working on an R4-New (Yes, I know it's a clone), then that would really help me. I've got it working as a .NDS file from R4YSAuto, but I wasn't able to boot any games. It just kept saying "Unsupported DLDI Name".

You cant use ttpatch.dat, because R4-New use ak2's DLDI.
R4-NEW is AK2 Clone.

Read this.
- for AceKard2 users
Run akextract.exe with OFFICIAL akmenu4.nds. akloader.nds will be extracted.
Copy akloader.nds and YSMenu.ini to YSMenu directory in TF.
Thanks! You figured out the answer to my problem! And thanks, pong106 for the help (Trying to be as nice as possible, please don't ruin it)!

What files should I have on the root of my TF card? I used akextract instead this time, but when I copied the files, it wouldn't load when I loaded the .NDS file. A guide would help on this, if you can help me at all for it.

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bamse111 said:
pong106 said:
-Formatting with Panasonic SDFormatter Utility v2.0 is recommended -> http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f...982&p=15618
Why is it recommended?
wink2.gif

I don't know, in past experiences member on this forum and other board have problem with the card, maybe formatting not clean enough, due to the Vista formatting program? The SD card cannot work properly somehow. Then they commented that using Panasonic SDFormatter allow them to make the card working.

Sorry, i can't really help on other flash carts, your problem is game loading problem? the game loads 3/4? did you overwrite TTMENU?

Oh yea, CycloDS is to exp.....

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pong106 said:
bamse111 said:
pong106 said:
-Formatting with Panasonic SDFormatter Utility v2.0 is recommended -> http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f...982&p=15618
Why is it recommended?
wink2.gif

I don't know, in past experiences member on this forum and other board have problem with the card, maybe formatting not clean enough, due to the Vista formatting program? The SD card cannot work properly somehow. Then they commented that using Panasonic SDFormatter allow them to make the card working.

Sorry, i can't really help on other flash carts, your problem is game loading problem? the game loads 3/4? did you overwrite TTMENU?

Oh yea, CycloDS is to exp.....
I have an ak2 clone (in other words, the R4-New or the R4-SDHC), so I have to use akextract instead of ttextract. I got it working before with ttpatch.dat but I couldn't load games, and the fact that the R4-New/R4-SDHC is a clone of the ak2 is the reason I couldn't use ttpatch.dat. So now, my problem is that I need a guide that's made for the ak2 clones, b/c I can't even load YSMenu (error with fatInitDefault).

And you can format SanDisk with the Vista default formatter and it works fine for me. You just can't QUICK Format.

Also, in recommendation of flash carts, I recommend the CycloDS if you want an extremely user-friendly interface and an impressive cheating compatibility. If you want more features with the cheats, you should go with SuperCard DS ONE. Those are the most popular, and the most worthwhile, flash carts. The downside to the SCDS1 is that it takes a lot of files to completely set up correctly, so the CycloDS is the best bet for ease-of-use (If you want something to work right out of the box/case).

frazzledazzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to get YSmenu to work as a full replacement firmware for an r4 sdhc which gets firmware from ndslr4.com? I have got it working as an nds file but can it be used as a replacement to my r4sdhc firmware

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine to work.

But is it normal, since this is my first time using YSMenu, it takes time to load to play a game? o.O

And what does this DMA mean?

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally! I was able to follow all the instructions provided by pong 106! And it did a great job!
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.
biggrin.gif

bamse111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pong106 said:
My files: its strange that my file are total difference with other member file, but never the less i am satisfied as long as the firmware works =>

Root: YSMenu.ini , r4tf.dldi, TTMENU.SYS , TTMENU folder , TTMENU.dat, ttdidi.dat, ttpatch.dat , r4patch.dat, r4dldi.dat, _DS_MENU ,YSMENU.NDS

TTMENU folder: skin folder, infolib, language.ini, reset.mse, savlib.dat, system.ank, system.fon, system.l2u,system.u2l, ttreset.dat, ttsystem.ini, usercheat.dat
Root
TTMenu folder
_DS_MENU.DAT

TTMenu folder
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
ttreset.dat
USRCHEAT.DAT
(YSMenu1.bmp)
(YSMenu2.bmp)
YSMenu.ini

According to the first post (and R4YSauto), this is the files you need. I think it's way more clean
smile.gif

mhfan305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so agrivative! Icant find the rite dam ysmenu download! omfg and everytime i ask for the fing thing my post gets deleted. can someone give me a dam DL for the rite ysmenu that will create those 2 gay files i need?? please and help me through the stupied processes because that guide is anoying as hell. please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?