GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Followed this guide to get YSMenu on my R4 & GTA works perfectly for me. As another poster did... I enabled the BackUp Activator/Game Fix Code in the cheats & have no issues with game play or wifi whatsoever.

But what confuses me is that I added the latest infolib.dat & savlib.dat files, but I still have a 512k save file. I thought it was supposed to have a 1MB save? I started fresh with no prior GTA saves either.

you enabled the what of the what? :S

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GundamXXX said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Followed this guide to get YSMenu on my R4 & GTA works perfectly for me. As another poster did... I enabled the BackUp Activator/Game Fix Code in the cheats & have no issues with game play or wifi whatsoever.

But what confuses me is that I added the latest infolib.dat & savlib.dat files, but I still have a 512k save file. I thought it was supposed to have a 1MB save? I started fresh with no prior GTA saves either.

you enabled the what of the what? :S
In Narins USRCHEAT.dat the first GTA:CW cheat is named 'BackUp Activator/Game Fix Code'. This must be enabled to avoid the black screen after selecting game slot. Enable it by checking the box next to it, just like any other cheat.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't 'open' the .dat file with anything, you put it in the TTMENU folder on your SD card.
Then you insert the SD card into your flashcard.
Then you insert the flashcard into your DS.
Then you switch on your DS and locate the GTA ROM.
Then you open the cheat menu by pressing the button marked '...' with the word 'cheat' next to it.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay it worked
biggrin.gif

Cheers depravo

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad we got there eventually. I was afraid that if I dropped any more mental gears I would be in danger of only being able to communicate via monosyllabic grunts and forgetting some of the more frequently used life skills such as using a knife & fork and basic potty training.
happy.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I wasn't around to elaborate on my previous post, but I'm glad that you got it working now with Depravos help.
smile.gif

Also, thanks Dep, for the 1GB clarification.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
I'm glad we got there eventually. I was afraid that if I dropped any more mental gears I would be in danger of only being able to communicate via monosyllabic grunts and forgetting some of the more frequently used life skills such as using a knife & fork and basic potty training.
happy.gif

i don't know how you do it

and while staying civil as well

massive kudos to you. it's definitely more than the idiots deserve

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
Depravo said:
happy.gif

i don't know how you do it

and while staying civil as well

massive kudos to you. it's definitely more than the idiots deserve
LOL. Irony at its best.

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which method are you using? R4Ysauto or the manual way?

if you are using the manual way, you must have miss a important step.
follow my guide here

rellim23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me out, i got the wrong version of Yasu menu. so when i try to play games it comes up with an error about the r4patch.dat, so i went looking for the right version (YSMenu0805222222)which i beleive generates the patch. but the download link isnt underlined therefore cant be downloaded, also just to check where do i put the cheat.dat file and does it work as normal (pressing Y to get cheat menu)? thankU

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
rellim23 said:
Can anyone help me out, i got the wrong version of Yasu menu. so when i try to play games it comes up with an error about the r4patch.dat, so i went looking for the right version (YSMenu0805222222)which i beleive generates the patch. but the download link isnt underlined therefore cant be downloaded, also just to check where do i put the cheat.dat file and does it work as normal (pressing Y to get cheat menu)? thankU
Rename the .rar file.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I dunno why everyone's like OMG IT WONT WORK HELP PLS because it runs off DSTT firmware which is just as worse as R4's. It's probobly not worth the hassle. Great guide though
tongue.gif
EDIT: Rellim, Yasu doesn't like his software being downloaded from any websites/servers that arn't his own, just rename the file, it's not hard, Right-Click > Rename .....

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
rellim23 said:
rename to YSMenu0805222222?
is there nowhere you can download the right version?
Why would you want to download a lower version? Updated versions are actually KNOWN to fix, you know, bugs and stuff, and sometimes, they also add features! Seriously, just rename the file, and it will work. Rename it to whatever r4ysauto wants it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: