Hacking Guitar Hero 5

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Not sure if this really works or not (gotta re-check) but I've noticed that if I run GH5 (UsbloaderGX) and let it "take it's time" to load, it'll simply stay on the now-famous black screen.

On the other hand, if I start hitting "A" on the wiimote right after I run it, it will boot-up normally.

No sure if it's because while on the black screen, it enters a loop or something, simply being "bypassed" if you hit "A" early enough.

Again, don't take my word on it but you can test and see if it works for you.

-USBLoader 7.13 (or 7.15 - can't rememeber)
-cIOS 223 with 37/36 merged
-Wii 4.0E

Oh and I also get the FPS-drop/out-of-sync kinda thing here and there but nothing serious really.
Also looping of a specific track (happens every time I try the specific track and -I believe- on the same part) - maybe a bad/corrupted installation?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Disorientator said:
Not sure if this really works or not (gotta re-check) but I've noticed that if I run GH5 (UsbloaderGX) and let it "take it's time" to load, it'll simply stay on the now-famous black screen.

On the other hand, if I start hitting "A" on the wiimote right after I run it, it will boot-up normally.

No sure if it's because while on the black screen, it enters a loop or something, simply being "bypassed" if you hit "A" early enough.

Again, don't take my word on it but you can test and see if it works for you.

-USBLoader 7.13 (or 7.15 - can't rememeber)
-cIOS 223 with 37/36 merged
-Wii 4.0E

Oh and I also get the FPS-drop/out-of-sync kinda thing here and there but nothing serious really.
Also looping of a specific track (happens every time I try the specific track and -I believe- on the same part) - maybe a bad/corrupted installation?
Yeah, I get the out-of-sync problem too + mic doesn't work.
Help?

scizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
b17bomber said:
technom8t said:
i have this working via disc channel(cioscorp) using IOS56-64-v5146.wad, taken from the GH5 disc, patched with the cIOS rev14 DIP module (for reading backups) and has truch bug restored. It has been tested by myself to work from disc channel on System Menu 4.1 on a launch system.

Thanks to original author aswell

PM me for the download link for the WAD, the file also includes the cioscorp installer :-)

This worked from the disc channel for me. Thank you!

Also, appaerently loading the Homebrew Channel from the system menu instead of the bootmii menu gets rid of that degraded audio.

Posts merged

QUOTE(xRfs @ Aug 30 2009, 10:38 AM) Hey somebody can use the music store?

Doesnt work for me

Probably because the infrastructure isn't ready yet, as the game isn't supposed to be out until Tuesday. Try then.

what u mean with patched with the cIOS rev14 DIP module

i can load every game through the disc channel except GH5. can someone help me?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
pepxl said:
i can confirm woring in the followings 2 loader that ive tried with the appropiate setting

USB Loader GX R715

Video Patch = Autopatch
Anti 002 = On(I Have It On Globally)
IOS = 223(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

CFG USB Loader V41

Video Patch = Force NTSC
IOS = 223 MLOAD(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

Hope This Helps

What I don't understand is that I have those settings in my GX and CFG as well [ except my 223 is 37 merged with 36 ], GX worked once but hasn't worked since whilst CFG works every time.

[ Not aimed at you pepxl ] I think it is perfectly fair to say that wrt GH5, GX is buggy - how else can you explain the same settings not working everytime ?

Also, does anyone else have to reboot their wii when quitting GH5 as it goes to a black screen ?

its because GX and rev 14 are picky on how it loads 222/223 when your global IOS is set to 249, setting the global IOS to 222/223 has been reported to fix the bug in this case

a black screen when selecting "Wii Menu" to exit games while using 222/223 is aknown issue in any game set to 222/223 just use "Reset" instead and it should be fine

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont know if anyone posted this, but someone made a cIOSCORP IOS56 so you can play GH5 through the disc channel too
wink.gif

IOS56 dip with REV14, can be found in the hacking section in a topic, just cant remember which haha

if thats been mentioned in the past 13 pages i couldnt be bothered with then sorry XD

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
AdamBrunt said:
pepxl said:
i can confirm woring in the followings 2 loader that ive tried with the appropiate setting

USB Loader GX R715

Video Patch = Autopatch
IOS = 223(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

CFG USB Loader V41

Video Patch = Force NTSC
IOS = 223 MLOAD(Default cIOS Insatallation Using Hermes 222/223 V3 Installer Never Mind Merging ?? With ?? Just Use Default)
Block IOS Reload = On

Hope This Helps

What I don't understand is that I have those settings in my GX and CFG as well [ except my 223 is 37 merged with 36 ], GX worked once but hasn't worked since whilst CFG works every time.

[ Not aimed at you pepxl ] I think it is perfectly fair to say that wrt GH5, GX is buggy - how else can you explain the same settings not working everytime ?

Also, does anyone else have to reboot their wii when quitting GH5 as it goes to a black screen ?

its because GX and rev 14 are picky on how it loads 222/223 when your global IOS is set to 249, setting the global IOS to 222/223 has been reported to fix the bug in this case

a black screen when selecting "Wii Menu" to exit games while using 222/223 is aknown issue in any game set to 222/223 just use "Reset" instead and it should be fine

I have read this same thing in other places quite a few times in the past, about the global setting being on 249 but using 222/223 to start the game causing issues at times. I had read before many times that globally you may need to change the 249 setting. I haven't had any issues yet but then again, while I have many games, I don't play any one of them too often. My global stays on 249 and will stay, at least until I end up having a problem I can't seem to get around. This could be a key for some who can't get this working or not working correctly and every time.

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i burned a DVD of the "sunshine" ISO and both backup laucher .3 beta and .3 gamma flash green then go black. i installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad and I still get the same thing.

Is there a known solution for this? i'm just using the backup launcher apps from HBC, i'm not using the "disk channel" (not sure what that is) or the USB loader.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use a little help. I have a wiikey1, 4.1, rev 14, TBR on IOS36 and IOS37, startpatch (region free, block updates). I first played the game in Gecko OS to install IOS56, and it works fine in Gecko OS, but when I play it in the disc channel it resets my wii. This is now the only game I cannot get to work through the disc channel.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
### anothe working here ###

after a bit of messing around uninstalling reinstalling 222/223 and rebootimng

setup:
firmware 4.0E
cios 12
USB GX 717

global GX settings:
cios 249
error 2 off

method:
already had 222 installed as 36 merged 37 working on other games - did not work with GH5
swtiched error 2 ON - not working
swtiched error 2 ANTI - not working

reinstall 222 - reboot
reinstall 223 - reboot
set game setting to 222 switched error 2 ON - not working
set game setting to 222 switched error 2 ANTI - not working
set game setting to 223 switched error 2 ON - not working
set game setting to 223 switched error 2 ANTI - not working

installed the IOS56-64-v5146.wad - not working

reinstall 222 to merge 60 with 36 - reboot
reinstall 223 to merge 60 with 36 - reboot
set game setting to 222 switched error 2 ON - not working
set game setting to 222 switched error 2 ANTI - not working
set game setting to 223 switched error 2 ON - not working
set game setting to 223 switched error 2 ANTI - not working

reinstall 222 only to merge 37 with 26 - reboot
set game setting to 222 switched error 2 ON - working

bit long-winded but working now

interface on GH5 a lot better that the udderz

mssux

Trophies
XP
Country
3.2U PAL softmod

I tried the 222 / 233 suggestion earlier and was getting the black screen when loading through the USB menu. I finally go this running when I burnt the ISO and loaded with Softkey IOS37

I tried loading with softkey IOS 56/222 & 223 with no joy also.

btw I had skipping and lag playing GHWT and any GH game after that. I fixed it by buying and using the composite cables for the wii rather than the scart cables that shipped with the console.

ricako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll add my experience to the mix...
Softmod on 4.0 cios 249 rev14
using backup disc

installed IOS56-64-v5146.wad before starting with wadmanager....

1st attempt hermes 36 merged with 37 as 222 loading with softchip (002 disable and fake ios) resulted in read error?

2nd attempt multicios 37 with 37 rev7 installed as 232(could be any i guess?) loading with softchip = success
biggrin.gif

woffle99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked for me first time (though only played it once so far). My set-up and settings:

Softmod only 4.1e wii with Rev 12 of CIOS 249 (not that I think that matters). Only changed IOS were during the softmod process and were downgrading and patching IOS 35 (to allow me install CIOS 249) and downgrading IOS 60 (to allow me to install Neogamma Backup Launcher, which I have never used).

Installed tonight - Hermes into IOS 223 as merge 37 and 36

Did not touch any other IOS (such as the IOS56 that has been bandied about). Also don't have Wiispeak which some have suggested might have already stuck that IOS on peoples machines and therefore they wouldn't need to install it for GH5.

Changed game settings in USBLoader GX (revision 564 - not seen the need to update further yet) to the following for the game:

Error 002=On
Block IOS Reload=On
Video Patch = Autopatch
IOS=223

Folloed pepxl (and other's) earlier post for the settings - haven't tried with any of these changed yet so I can't be sure if any of them are actually required or not).

No skipping or other issues in the three songs I played.

I may fiddle with the settings to see if they make a difference and will post if I have the issues some have mentioned with USBLoaderGX being working sometimes and not others.

Thanks to all who have posted their findings here - been a big help.

ordnaj3la

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey i need help when i use multicios and i try to put 37/37/223 or 37/37/232 it does everything but at the end is say install returned -1 and then it just goes back to the homebrew main menu is that supposed to happen???

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordnaj3la said:
hey i need help when i use multicios and i try to put 37/37/223 or 37/37/232 it does everything but at the end is say install returned -1 and then it just goes back to the homebrew main menu is that supposed to happen???
are you currently running any homebrew? -1 more often than not means something cannot be written to - how is your wii modded?

ordnaj3la

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
ordnaj3la said:
are you currently running any homebrew? -1 more often than not means something cannot be written to - how is your wii modded?

well uhmm idk >.< i just did the hack were u go to the channels in ur sd card and it says if i want to start hacking i tihnk something like that and then i just installed homebrew and backuploader thats all of done
i didnt really care about the other things i just wanted to play burned games (like the guitar hero 3 custom songs i made)

soo...idk
i hve 3.2

Penn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
USBloader GX
revision 716
cIOS 223 (hermes): ios37 merged with ios36

GameSettings for GH5 on USBloader GX:
IOS 223
Block IOS Reload enabled
Patch VIDTV enabled
(no need for error 002 fix)

Games runs fine.

Yesterday i tried Configurable USB Loader. With that loader GH5 can run just using cIOS223 (same ios37 merged with ios36) and block IOS reload enabled. No need for "vidtv" patch!.

And no need for error 002 fix, but GXloader don't need that too (you just need to make sure your wii have the requiered IOS installed, nothing more; use signcheck o ioscheck from wiibrew to check what ios you have and... install what you miss; check a list of know ios in wiibrew too)

No problems with GH5 in USBloader GX and Configurable USB Loader.
But GX need that vidtv patch enabled (odd), and takes a little longer to load the game, but it loads it just fine.

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of the many who can't get this to work. I've installed the wad, installed the IOS 222 with 37 36 merged, then 223 with 60 36 merged. It don't matter if on the usb loader setting I set it to 223 or 222 because they both give me a black screen for a min then my wii restarts. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm on Wankinkokos 4.1u firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.