Hacking RELEASE HACDN - Download game NCA files directly from Nintendo's CDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I just read about switch CDN and tickets. It sounds like this would be A little more involved to actually get tickets than what this does & the other does. So no freeshop I'm guessing anytime soon.

Reactions: Rizzorules

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1) Please do not embed compiled binaries of hactool in your tool. Please link to the releases page.

2) Actually, this is totally distinguishable:
2a) You are not using the correct user-agent, so the server can tell your tool is downloading and not a console.
2b) You are not sending the correct requests to download games the way that the console does -- the console uses a very specific pattern of requests, and you're not doing it.

3) Your tool doesn't actually work.
3a) The way that you download games is to save the first "8008135" bytes of the CNMT NCA (dude, seriously?), and then you download the first 1000000000 bytes of the NCAID listed at offset 96 into the CNMT.
-This is not a valid heuristic for determining the main application NCA ID from a CNMT.
-Games are frequently more than a billion bytes in size.
3b) Your "title name recognition feature" hardcodes Odyssey 1.0.0's NCA ID....and doesn't have names registered for literally anything else.

Anyway, this tool's pretty shit, I'd recommend using only at your own risk.
1. I was going to remove it from the ZIP, but after your conduct on Discord, not a chance.
2a. The servers don't care
2b. The servers really do not fucking well care
3a. It works, and the 1GB thing was a fuckup on my part
3b. That's not even a used feature, it's a leftover

I thought you were a decent person, but seriously, you are consistently a total arsehole to me, and likely others too.
You have no point, it's pretty clear you just want to shit on everything I do or release.
scires6.PNG
scires1.PNG
scires2.PNG
scires3.PNG
scires4.PNG
scires5.PNG

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks - looks like it could be really useful.

Some weird comments in this thread!? Be in interesting to see how this pans out..

Reactions: Rizzorules

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. I was going to remove it from the ZIP, but after your conduct on Discord, not a chance.
2a. The servers don't care
2b. The servers really do not fucking well care
3a. It works, and the 1GB thing was a fuckup on my part
3b. That's not even a used feature, it's a leftover

I thought you were a decent person, but seriously, you are consistently a total arsehole to me, and likely others too.
You have no point, it's pretty clear you just want to shit on everything I do or release.
View attachment 123358 View attachment 123359 View attachment 123360 View attachment 123361 View attachment 123362 View attachment 123363
You think that's all the evidence I have of SciresM being a dick to me? Lol
upload_2018-5-14_18-41-58.png

upload_2018-5-14_18-42-44.png
upload_2018-5-14_18-43-17.png
upload_2018-5-14_18-43-47.png

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait a second. So you're saying we can download games directly from the Nintendo Servers?
Wouldn't that mean that they can find out which IP the games are downloaded to and then ban/blacklist thos IP addresses?

IP ban is kinda pointless, as you can change them easily and most of the time public IP was shared.

MightyMoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Wow...SciresM seems like such a douche!!
Literally created an account to say that..

Don't get me wrong, still gonna take advantage of your work, but Michael.. You sir are an asshole.

Well done, Simon.. Even IF your tool doesn't work. Thank you for all your work.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You think that's all the evidence I have of SciresM being a dick to me? Lol
View attachment 123364
View attachment 123365View attachment 123366View attachment 123367
I have a crazy idea, by the way.
Try being nice for once?
I mean honestly, I once talked to someone who didn't even know how to use cmd, by your standards, a total fucking idiot.
I was nice. I helped him through the process. Even though he was, again, by your standards, a total fucking idiot.
How about you suggest improvements to the application? All you did was say how "shit" specific parts were, without suggesting a way to improve them.
Constructive criticism does not work like that.
It's simply not acceptable conduct, and you can't just use your high-and-mighty "ReSwitched" status as an excuse, and a way to get out of it.
It is just not okay. You have deeply hurt me.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, without seeing the rest of the conversation it's impossible to judge those messages tbh

For context, though, the "idiot" comments were me trying to explain why he shouldn't be hosting a piracy site while having his real name be public: https://gist.github.com/SciresM/19df11a4e83227a94380b8bffab5049d

I've said my piece, and don't really feel the need to say more.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For context, though, the "idiot" comments were me trying to explain why he shouldn't be hosting a piracy site while having his real name be public: https://gist.github.com/SciresM/19df11a4e83227a94380b8bffab5049d

My point still stands, the chat log doesn't change anything.
This is a morals issue, not a legal issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might also add, I am not hosting the title keys site, in fact, I do not even own any part of the title keys site, the domain, hosting or otherwise.
It's not my site, so it's not my responsibility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, until a database is created like that "titlekeys site" and someone makes an eShop clone...
True, but I am not providing this for piracy purposes.
It's simply to be able to get the game data and datamine it without needing to search your SD card for the correct folder and going through the whole decryption process.
There's nothing you can do with this tool that directly enables piracy.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
But won't this allow piracy?
  • No, as this application cannot download titlekeys, and you can only extract titlekeys from your Switch for games you have legitimately purchased.
Yeah, until a database is created like that "titlekeys site" and someone makes an eShop clone...

Reactions: ShonenJump

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about both of you shut up and not act like little kids that argue all the time? Oh boo hoo, someone made a piracy tool that doesn’t work very well. That’s no reason to be a dick to them. And OP, no need to spread your arguments with scrism on here. Just ignore him and move on instead of acting childish.

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Having read that gist.... damn Simon.

He may have come off abrasive but he was legitimately trying to help you.

Next time consider being a little more thick skinned.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having read that gist.... damn Simon.

He may have come off abrasive but he was legitimately trying to help you.

Next time consider being a little more thick skinned.
I agree. He was trying to help. Grow up A little. Gonna be A long life if you take everything so seriously. And in some cases maybe u should take stuff more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy