Hacking RELEASE HACDN - Download game NCA files directly from Nintendo's CDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? I'd like to apologise to @SciresM.
I'm sorry that I don't know even nearly as much about the Switch's OS as you.
I'm sorry that once I discover something, I like to release it instead of sitting on my arse for a few months while releasing cryptic youtube videos and screaming "private method".
I'm sorry that I like to help out the hacking community instead of assuming everyone is an idiot.
I'm sorry that I like to be open about things and not hide my identity.
I'm sorry that you think being a member of ReSwitched is a free ticket to being a dick to people.
I'm sorry that you use "developing Atmosphere" as an excuse to be a total dick to people.
I'm sorry that you don't understand the basic concept of respect.
I'm sorry that you never help people, and only serve information as little "hints"
I'm sorry that you thought I didn't care about your (pretty damn good, to be totally honest) advice.
I'm sorry that I made some mistakes in the development of this "colossal fuckup"
I'm sorry that I actually care about the end user.
And most of all, I'm sorry that I ever talked to you.
You say that "I'm sorry that you never help people" But you do thank him in ur cert release. That's help. U need to realize he was trying to help u (in those chat logs). Aaaaaaand i'm out. But i'd like to hear what SciresM has to say about the cert thing now.

Last edited by link42586,

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can -- there's no basis for that being disallowed. It's a request.
Yeah, I'll fulfill your request, I want to end the drama, and being a dick to you by purposefully ignoring your reasonable request is no way to do it.
In all legitimacy, I am truly sorry. I have taken your advice onboard, and I have deleted all links containing copyrighted content from MEGA.
I'm not even kidding, you can check them all yourself.

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbf, SciresM sounds like a jaded software dev who's dealt with this kind of stuff a billion times before and simply has no further patience for bad practice and willful ignorance, for whom a polite façade has proven time and time again to be merely wasted effort. His criticism was, at least to my eyes, harsh but fair. It escalated when it became clear that the other party simply wasn't listening, or was being willfully obtuse.

It's easy to label him as being a douche or what-have-you, but sometimes this level of bluntness is simply what is necessary. As a developer, you have to be able to accept advice and criticism, especially when it involves things that can potentially negatively affect end-users or yourself (even if you don't necessarily believe that to be the case) and not dismiss it outright simply because you're in a rush to get the code out the door. Also as a developer, when it becomes apparent that another developer is disregarding important advice/criticism and doing things that could negatively affect users or the developer himself, the time for politeness is over.

I had more to say about some of the other subjects brought up over the course of this thread, but eh, whatever. It sounds like this is more or less straightened out and the (rather important, if strongly-worded) advice is going to be followed in the end, so that's good.

djp-AKA-bionic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda crazy the way the switch devs and teams all go at each others throats.. literally. how bout you all start being nice to each other, sharing info amongst each other and this can end up being the best scene we have seen since the xbox og, no one needs to be schooled on morals, im pretty sure they are well aware of any consequences of what they are doing before hand, and they obviously dont care

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? I'd like to apologise to @SciresM.
I'm sorry that you think being a member of ReSwitched is a free ticket to being a dick to people.
I'm sorry that you use "developing Atmosphere" as an excuse to be a total dick to people...
I'm not taking sides or any thing, but, if he is a dick and really is an attorney, well... from my first hand experience, every attorney I've ever met was/is a dick. So it probably has more to do with being an attorney, lol. Just my personal observation. I'm sure there are some out there that are nice, I've just never met one. The same could be said about US police officers as well! Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Last edited by deanspeed,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was about to commend the fact that it only got slightly out of hand, but then I realised it's still early and the next time I look there could be another 20 pages of tribalistic melee (you know, cos it's Temp and there are hordes of people with their noses permanently lodged in certain devs arses for being the great provider of their warez-enabling-yet-morally-and-ethically-impeccable-demigods)

...but anyway, the topic... the tool worked fine for me.. as an adult I'm able to take responsibilty for my decisions and actions and don't need some kids (if you're in your 20s/30s then you're still a kid to me) preaching at me, so if there are bans at some point I can handle it without my life falling apart.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're still using the wrong (no) user-agent, and sending the wrong requests to match the way consoles download games.
TBH, I don't think people would be comfortable entering their device ID into the program, and if they're the wrong requests, why don't you tell me the right ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, would you rather think you aren't safe, but you actually are...