Hacking RELEASE HACDN - Download game NCA files directly from Nintendo's CDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You better believe that Nintendo can also reach you in Australia. The US doesn't treat with countries that do not honor the DMCA. They even got Sweden to cave to their demands, if they find out who you are and you are indeed running that title key site, you're toast my friend. Better get out while you can.

This is why you should warn users. You can't just bumble around with stuff like this. Your app will cause a huge ban wave.
The titlekey site isn't mine.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what does this actually do? If I'm understanding correctly, since I own Breath of the Wild on a cart, I could use this tool to download the game and not have to use the cart anymore? Or am I mistaken?
That's correct, issue is though, you can't install it, also Nintendo can see that you downloaded from em.
You're mistaken, it only works on your eShop purchased games.

makes this piracy available when people share them title keys. Or is my vision too noob
It's more complicated than that for Switch.

Reactions: renhei

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's what I thought, I haven't released it yet for that reason.
Just to confirm, is the u32 passed to the server as an int or hex string?
At this point a mod should step in and add a big red warning to your OP, since you refuse to do so. It's obvious you're making this up as you go. @Minox you're watching this thread, right? Can you please warn users since OP refuses to do so?

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I think that every tools at its early stages comes with its risk specially with how fast everything is moving on the Switch scene. That is why is always good to wait for things to patch and have Devs. use the tools first to iron out all the wrinkles. Thanks for the release and I hope you get a lot of good and helpful feed back to this tools working flawlessly.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At this point a mod should step in and add a big red warning to your OP, since you refuse to do so. It's obvious you're making this up as you go. @Minox you're watching this thread, right? Can you please warn users since OP refuses to do so?
<snip, that was rude of me>

Last edited by SimonMKWii,

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You boys are playing with fire. I wouldn't touch any of this unless you've got a second Switch that you don't care about.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would, but he's done so himself already. I changed the color of the warning to red though.

Reactions: Uwabami

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This user-agent isn't quite right)
Correct me if I'm wrong but using your console key to download from their server is dangerous kind of like the first nus downloader I smell bans from this too much pim involved.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct me if I'm wrong but using your console key to download from their server is dangerous kind of like the first nus downloader I smell bans from this too much pim involved.
That's the point. For 3DS and WiiU you could just download from the CDN without authenticating. For Switch, this is an authenticated transaction for which you need a valid client certificate. Unlike the 3DS era, those certificates are not shared but unique. You will get banned.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's the point. For 3DS and WiiU you could just download from the CDN without authenticating. For Switch, this is an authenticated transaction for which you need a valid client certificate. Unlike the 3DS era, those certificates are not shared but unique. You will get banned.
I don't like your constant assertion that you WILL get banned. It's more likely when using v2 of this tool, but it's not even near a definite.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't like your constant assertion that you WILL get banned. It's more likely when using v2 of this tool, but it's not even near a definite.
Again, the meta data required to distinguish your app from an actual Switch is logged by default by every webserver. This means that if they notice this in a few weeks they can ban retroactively using their logfiles.

And even with your improved version you can't be certain, you've shown that you're making it up as you go, claiming every time that the current version is "100% SAFE". It's not and you can't be trusted to judge it.

Last edited by Uwabami,

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the meta data to distinguish your app from an actual Switch is logged by default by every webserver. This means that if they notice this is a few weeks they can ban retroactively using their logfiles.

And even with your improved version you can't be certain, you've shown that you're making it up as you go, claiming every time that the current version is "100% SAFE". It's not and you can't be trusted to judge it.

This.

This is the equivalent of taking my car to the shop and them telling me it's fixed, only to drive off the lot and find out it's not. After taking it back 2 or 3 times with the same result, I'm going to stop trusting what they say and start listening to people who warned me not to go there in the first place. I agree that some people have been fairly rude to you (out of context anyway), but now that your impatience has ruined your credibility, just continue to work on your project and let other people who have weight in the community judge it for you.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here i was ready to throw an eye patch on, glad i read 1st lol nice try tho all hope isnt lost but before you slap a “release” tag make sure it works correctly and as advertised m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol