Hacking Hack SXOS

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reacher17 @mrdude

have you guys considered looking into the checks that are most likely present in super mario 3d all stars so we can have gamecube/n64 emulation???
Both sunshine and galaxy are native binaries with just GPU and Audio being emulated.
It’s impossible to “just” replace them with other games.

slimhakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Both sunshine and galaxy are native binaries with just GPU and Audio being emulated.
It’s impossible to “just” replace them with other games.

The Mario Sunshine contains a GCM image of the entire game also, the same applies to the n64 rom

Yes there are overlays and hooks but @Reacher17 could bypass these simple checks then perhaps gamecube and n64 emulation could be a native possibility.....

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mario Sunshine contains a GCM image of the entire game also, the same applies to the n64 rom

Yes there are overlays and hooks but @Reacher17 could bypass these simple checks then perhaps gamecube and n64 emulation could be a native possibility.....
Only game assets are pulled from the gcm, there’s some weird compressed NRO that contains the recompiled game code, which is what’s executed.
To swap the game you’d have to completely reimplement Nintendo’s AOT recompiler, at that point you may as well just write your own emulator.

n64 is an actual complete emulator, but we already have mupen64plus-nx, which is more accurate.

slimhakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Only game assets are pulled from the gcm, there’s some weird compressed NRO that contains the recompiled game code, which is what’s executed.
To swap the game you’d have to completely reimplement Nintendo’s AOT recompiler, at that point you may as well just write your own emulator.

n64 is an actual complete emulator, but we already have mupen64plus-nx, which is more accurate.

Sunshine is emulated it has already been proven, Mario Galaxy however has not been and that is running recompiled CPU instructions.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sunshine is emulated it has already been proven, Mario Galaxy however has not been and that is running recompiled CPU instructions.

No, the CPU is not emulated in sunshine because the binary was recompiled. You can check the research that was done in his thread and so we do not deviate this one.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how ironic that sx team no updates for couple months but community working hard for new os updates for everybody. kudos guys :)
That's not what this is about and I don't think anyone involved in the creation of this has the intention of patching SX to work on later firmwares. This is just about making SX free to use and allowing you to customize it.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: MarkDarkness

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It might be fun to use their gpu and sound emulations.
I'm surprised they would use AOT recompilation though, I'd expect them to just compile from the original source.
As we don't have source, something like ghidra could be used.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SXOS has brick code? Oh wow that's evil.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-contains-brick-code.508800/

Look guys, I you never used SXOS just don't use it; is a dead end due to lawsuits and won't play newer games, while not perfect those with a powerful PC have two Switch emulators to chose from and you don't risk bricking your Switch that way.

Last edited by raxadian,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So apart from cracking the license for SXOS, what else has this achieved? Anybody looking into updating SXOS to work on newer fw?

Reactions: nWo

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So apart from cracking the license for SXOS, what else has this achieved? Anybody looking into updating SXOS to work on newer fw?
Unlikely to be done anytime soon, since there's no source code.
If it's there it'll turn up to violate licence agreement of other CFW for sure, and it uses illegal optained code of nintendo?
Even if they reverse or find a work around... it's really something that's a little too hot to get your name attached to.

Reactions: nikeymikey

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be fun to use their gpu and sound emulations.
I'm surprised they would use AOT recompilation though, I'd expect them to just compile from the original source.
As we don't have source, something like ghidra could be used.
I’d guess they didn’t have the source code for sunshine shrugs
From what I remember Galaxy seemed like it was compiled from source as the game itself was calling nnSdk functions, but they still chose to emulate the GPU and Audio for whatever reason, maybe it was easier, dunno.

Reacher17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rommenu

Attachments

• 20210524_224440.jpg
    20210524_224440.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 255
  • SX_License_Hack.7z
    179 KB · Views: 250

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With your wife +1