Hacked Wii bricked

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hacked Wii bricked after activating standby mode with RiiConnect24 and WiiLink. Since then, everytime I turn it on the console, it seem to hang and no signal appear on TV. The following methods has been done:

• It was possible to turn on console with the Wiimote early on. There is no hovering sound when moving the Wiimote, so its unlikely that it's a video issues.
  • Replacing the Wifi and Bluetooth modules did not work.
  • BootMii and Priiloader with their files on SD installed but nothing happens beside the disc drive light flashing.
  • Accessing Recovery Mode by pressing all four D-pad directions did not work and will probably require more materials
Is there any other ways I might have missed.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hacked Wii bricked after activating standby mode with RiiConnect24 and WiiLink. Since then, everytime I turn it on the console, it seem to hang and no signal appear on TV. The following methods has been done:

• It was possible to turn on console with the Wiimote early on. There is no hovering sound when moving the Wiimote, so its unlikely that it's a video issues.
  • BootMii and Priiloader with their files on SD installed but nothing happens beside the disc drive light flashing.
  • Accessing Recovery Mode by pressing all four D-pad directions did not work and will probably require more materials
Do you have a NAND backup that you can restore? Also, what else did you do to your Wii before or after activating standby mode?

Reactions: Waddleclaws

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I have a NAND backup. Before Standby, some things I recall doing were installing Wiimmfi-pacted WiiWare games that I already owned, WiiLink-patched and RiiConnect24 channels and patch the mail server to WiiLink.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

FYI, a lot of TVs won't output audio when there is no video signal, so unless you're sure your TV will output audio without video, you can't rule out a video issue based on that.

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI, a lot of TVs won't output audio when there is no video signal, so unless you're sure your TV will output audio without video, you can't rule out a video issue based on that.
I already checked, its not a TV issue. I even checked the AV cable on a Wii U, it still works.
Read above message from @SylverReZ
Yes, I have a NAND backup I can restore

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already checked, its not a TV issue. I even checked the AV cable on a Wii U, it still works.

Yes, I have a NAND backup I can restore
Off you go into restoring it.

Hope your Wii has Priiloader (preferable as boot2), or you won't be able to restore it, but if you have a NAND backup you might already know this.

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Off you go into restoring it.

Hope your Wii has Priiloader (preferable as boot2), or you won't be able to restore it, but if you have a NAND backup you might already know this.
I said at the beginning of thread, I have and Priiloader installed but I can't access it

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For what it's worth - Remove/unplug all storage devices (specially SD). Includes hard-mods (if any).
Fire it up & see what happens & report.
You should only have the power, AV-out & Wiimote sensor connected.
Listen & watch closely to clues/hints. It could just save your Wii :)

Reactions: SylverReZ

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For what it's worth - Remove/unplug all storage devices (specially SD). Includes hard-mods (if any).
Fire it up & see what happens & report.
You should only have the power, AV-out & Wiimote sensor connected.
Listen & watch closely to clues/hints. It could just save your Wii :)
That what I did. When I press the Power button, the light goes from red to green, the disc drive make its usual noise when the console boot. But after that, nothing else happen. The TV doesn't show any signal. Pressing the Power button doesn't turn off the console, I have to hold the button until it turn off.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That what I did. When I press the Power button, the light goes from red to green, the disc drive make its usual noise when the console boot. But after that, nothing else happen. The TV doesn't show any signal. Pressing the Power button doesn't turn off the console, I have to hold the button until it turn off.
Good news, it's probably software brick, bad news, it could be at first point homebrewable at boot.
Do you have priiloader or something on the console, or a modchip? might be able to boot straight to this.
Do you have a nand backup? (this is easiest restore idea).
Without nand, you'll need to:
  1. Boot to wad manager/installer and reinstall system menu matching your console serial numbers region.
  2. Install the iosses at least matching the system menu, but every ios latest original up to ios200 will do.
  3. Install latest Mios.
  4. Install latest BC.
  5. Reboot normal, if not working check the blutooth and wifi module.
  6. Re-install HomeBrew Channel.
  7. Install Ciosses above ios200.
@XFlak might be able to help you get the needed files.

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news, it's probably software brick, bad news, it could be at first point homebrewable at boot.
Do you have priiloader or something on the console, or a modchip? might be able to boot straight to this.
Do you have a nand backup? (this is easiest restore idea).
Without nand, you'll need to:
  1. Boot to wad manager/installer and reinstall system menu matching your console serial numbers region.
  2. Install the iosses at least matching the system menu, but every ios latest original up to ios200 will do.
  3. Install latest Mios.
  4. Install latest BC.
  5. Reboot normal, if not working check the blutooth and wifi module.
  6. Re-install HomeBrew Channel.
  7. Install Ciosses above ios200.
@XFlak might be able to help you get the needed files.
Yes, I have a NAND backup. I have Priiloader installed. The problem is that can't access it. I put on the SD card, turn on the console and hold Reset, the TV still doesn't show any signal, but the disc drive flashes.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To try & rule-out A/V issues, turn on your Wii, wait till it goes through it's processes & then insert a Wii disk. If it continues with the reading process & the reading noises etc, then it's A/V related.

Pressing the Power button doesn't turn off the console, I have to hold the button until it turn off
That's normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol