Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed hbc 1.1.2 but still unsure how to install anything. Tried installing 236 but it says it cant find a vunerable ios. It talks about downgrading 15. Any instructions on how to do all this?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed hbc 1.1.2 but still unsure how to install anything. Tried installing 236 but it says it cant find a vunerable ios. It talks about downgrading 15. Any instructions on how to do all this?

As far as I know, you install as normal, but you need to use damysteryman's ios236 modder on the ios236 dumped from your vWii. There might be a premodded one as well, but I dunno yet. :P

Wiiman10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, Not me, lol.. expensive, too! At EBGames(AU), it's the Price of a standard WiiU title PREOWNED! $78!

Batman, on the other hand I can grab for $18. :P

Just bought it at my local best buy brand new for $29.99. Would you mine making an install guide, like you said that you're willing to do earlier in this thread? I would appreciate as well. I literally just ran out yesterday to grab brawl to do the exploit lol.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Past installing the HBC, there isn't really any point in installing anything yet. At this point, we are more or less waiting for the d2x team to update d2x to work with Wii U IOS.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can it not be partitioned ?

Not according to Nintendo it can't. The entire drive is formatted to the Wii U's proprietary format (probably similar to the infamous WBFS). Many people have confirmed what Nintendo has stated on this forum, which is pretty damned asinine if you ask me.

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial written up for how to install HBC on Wii U? I have SSBB and all that stuff, just don't want to screw up.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using bluedump but the controller keeps desyncing. I need to dump ios36 so I can use the 236 installer mod for the vwii

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought it at my local best buy brand new for $29.99. Would you mine making an install guide, like you said that you're willing to do earlier in this thread? I would appreciate as well. I literally just ran out yesterday to grab brawl to do the exploit lol.
I'll try, as soon as I buy it, which won't be till thursday. if someone beats me to the punch, though.. :P

Past installing the HBC, there isn't really any point in installing anything yet. At this point, we are more or less waiting for the d2x team to update d2x to work with Wii U IOS.

Actually, there's plenty reason. basically everything except USB loaders are working right now, so WiiWare and VC are running perfectly.

Confirmed: You can indeed run cheats through Gecko. I played Project:M a few minutes ago.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbro29/b/346951811

Great, yet another thing to cross off the lis-

IS THAT A SKYWARD SWORD LEVEL?!?

Reactions: triassic911

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries