Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

vintageretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can confirm later today, I have 2 NES30 and SNES30/SFC30.
I have a NES30 and it works fine for NES. I want to buy two controllers for SNES games and found also the SFC30 which look great. Hopefully they will work out of the box or with installing a new firmware. I have one bluetooth receiver which came with the NES30, so i have to buy another receiver.

keithdubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing the modules retroarch and snes 9x 2010 I get a c7 error starting retroarch. Any ideas. I have uninstalled and flashed back to original kernel and started over, always the same problem. Anyone else having the same issue?

dubya

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm later today, I have 2 NES30 and SNES30/SFC30. I have upgraded to latest beta firmware. My NESC is over at my friends right now, which I will be stopping by in a few hours. I will test there and let you know. Really hope this works out well.

EDIT: I have to admit though, I just love the replica feel of the SNES30/SFC30 controllers, they are quite sturdy and feel identical to SNES/SF controllers. the NES30 that came with my receivers don't feel as good imo. Having L and R on a rectangular form feels odd. Overall if this works out with the receiver, you can use many different wireless controllers as long as it is bluetooth pairing. :D

Thanks for doing some testing, can't wait to hear how it goes, im dying to find a good wireless solution that will work with retroarch!

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its the cps1 game, Hyper Fighting
Is the file name sf2tj.zip? You might need to copy contents of Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (world 920513) into the sf2tj.zip. I looked at it online and says that the CE version is the parent.

Maybe give that a try.

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get The Last Starfighter (NES) working? Mine black screens after the title screen. Have tried 2 seperate roms from 2 reliable romsets.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get The Last Starfighter (NES) working? Mine black screens after the title screen. Have tried 2 seperate roms from 2 reliable romsets.
Yes. But it seems to only work with Nestopia. Just add "--retroarch --core nestopia" without the quotes, to the end of the Last Starfighter's command line in Hakchi

This worked for me, with the NES RoadRunner rom as well!

Last edited by HecklerJH,

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

nenned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the file name sf2tj.zip? You might need to copy contents of Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (world 920513) into the sf2tj.zip. I looked at it online and says that the CE version is the parent.

Maybe give that a try.

Its sf2t.zip, not sf2tj.zip. I thought using the Japanese version would result in the boss' names being different than what I am used to. I just added the CE world contents and still not working. About to go out. Will try again later.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. But it seems to only work with Nestopia. Just add "--retroarch --core nestopia" without the quotes, to the end of the Last Starfighter's command line in Hakchi.
Then you will have to resync the games, but it should load with Nestopia as default, from that point, on

This worked for me, with the NES RoadRunner rom as well!

vintageretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
After installing the modules retroarch and snes 9x 2010 I get a c7 error starting retroarch. Any ideas. I have uninstalled and flashed back to original kernel and started over, always the same problem. Anyone else having the same issue?

dubya
I had the same problem after my first import (about 300 games). I used manual folder structure and forgot to choose a sort by option. After a new run i choosed alphabetic and never had a c7 error again.

davethefergo

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to adjust the speed a nes file runs using nestopia at the command line? one particular game plays really slow. If you adjust the speed on nestopia desktop to 60 it runs fine. Any way to achieve that on the nes mini?

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its sf2t.zip, not sf2tj.zip. I thought using the Japanese version would result in the boss' names being different than what I am used to. I just added the CE world contents and still not working. About to go out. Will try again later.
When you get back, I cant find a romset named sf2t.zip
I went to https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/FinalBurn-Alpha as reference to the core, but then looked at the compatibility list.

Edit: posted wrong list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xCSDQXILo81Ls1mHK6czKGAtM/edit#gid=1671511927

If you are using FBA to run it.

It is a spreadsheet of the games compatible with it. I don't see one labelled as sf2t.zip, there is a ssf2t.zip, if you search in this list it will show the name of the game and the according parent or file name it needs. Maybe this will help with the version.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by Kobe46,

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you get back, I cant find a romset named sf2t.zip
I went to https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/FinalBurn-Alpha as reference to the core, but then looked at the compatibility list.

Edit: posted wrong list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xCSDQXILo81Ls1mHK6czKGAtM/edit#gid=1671511927

If you are using FBA to run it.

It is a spreadsheet of the games compatible with it. I don't see one labelled as sf2t.zip, there is a ssf2t.zip, if you search in this list it will show the name of the game and the according parent or file name it needs. Maybe this will help with the version.
I hope this helps.

sf2t.zip is Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting (US 921209)
you need
Sf2hf.zip Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (World 921209)

Last edited by XXwillisXX,

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried putting a folder within a folder, but it didn't show up. Did I do something wrong, or does it not work?

If you are referring to the folder images, you will not be able to use folders. I took all of the blue folder images and stored them in a new folder named Blue Folders. Then pasted the my personal folder images into the folder images folder, directly. If they are in a folder, hakchi won't be able to see them. Hope this helps!

I made a special folder with Mega Man on it, too. Thought you may like that ;)

Last edited by HecklerJH,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users