Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you think the odds are that the SNES classic will just be the insides of an NES classic, just with an SNES shell ?

With just 21 Games, rather than 30...very good probability. It isn't the first time a company repackaged leftover hardware. It is quite common in Video Cards, Computers, etc.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, I am adding MAME 2010 Set, which...as mentioned, will be the "in between" from 2003 Set and 2010 Set. This causes a minor conflict, that I will address in my Set. NEO-GEO 2003 and NEO-GEO 2010 run off of different sets of Bios. This means, you only have some specific options.

1. Use OLD NEO Master Module (And, you can only run MAME 2003 equivalent NEO-GEO Games)

2. Use NEW NEO Master Module (And, you can only run MAME 2010 equivalent NEO-GEO Games)

3. Use NEITHER, and copy and paste the proper NEO-GEO File (Be it 2003 Bios OR 2010 Bios), per game directory. I would make a NON-NEO Master Bios Module to account for this choice, since you will want Bios for OTHER systems, such as Sega CD, 32X, etc, installed!

4. I May add the ENTIRE Set of NEO-GEO to 2010. So, there will be a 2003 Set, and a 2010 Set...This way, you can go all out on just 2010, if need be.

5. Unfortunately, if you have EITHER Bios installed in a Module, you are unable to copy the OTHER Bios into a Game Directory. It is automatically negated by the one that is installed in the Module. That is, unless I modify the Cores to account for this, in standalone versions.

6. All of the above applies to FBA & FBA NEO-GEO/FBA 2012, as well! 2010 supports Metal Slug 5, Sengoku 3, etc! So, this creates a paradox of sorts:)

7. So, basically, what this all comes down to, is a complete restructuring of My Core Set, as well as v2.5, to correlate to these different BIOS Choices. I will include a read-me, to better clarify things. I should be posting the Revised Set, probably by Thurs/Fri. This will include N64 Core/RetroArch HMOD Updates, that allow N64 Save States, as well as SRAM Saves. I will be doing a video about this, specifically. There will also be 2 Sets of Cores; One BLOCKS Saves/One ALLOWS them. There will, additionally, be a few other changes to the Core/Bios Pack, as you will all soon see:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: Byonder101

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
what do you think the odds are that the SNES classic will just be the insides of an NES classic, just with an SNES shell ?
More then likely, it's obviously going to house a new emulator and a revisioned version of the OS the NES Mini is currently running. I hope they didn't sneak in some crazy security measurement through software though.

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I booted up Mario Bros. 3 and played through the first level, and without knowing it, I spawned the Treasure Ship .... :D

MG_2268.jpg

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im having trouble making a custom skin. Ive edited nes.png, and put it in /var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sprites/nes.png. Then, i created a script called p8032_skin with the line: overmount /usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sprites/nes.png. Then, I put this script in: /etc/preinit.d. I rebooted my NES Mini and... the skin wasnt there. I also used the same method to change some text and the text showed up fine. Music mod worked like a charm aswell. I tried compiling this into a .hmod but it didnt work either. Please help!

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully overhauled Core Set. It's general set-up is now as follows:

--HMOD_No_Save_Versions --HMOD_Save_Versions --MAME_Bios_Pack --MAME_NEO-GEO_Bios_New --MAME_NEO-GEO_Bios_Old --MAME_Samples (These are for MAME 2003 Games, such as Donkey Kong, Buck Rogers, etc, that do not have sound. You can copy the samples into the specific Game Directory, or install Via Module. Some games that require "Samples", can be run via FBA, and HAVE sound, like Donkey Kong & Punch-Out!! Additionally, I made a Master Bios Module without NEO-GEO Bios, in the event anyone wishes to "dual" use Neo-Geo OLD & NEW Bios (Copying directly into each Specific Game Directory). Otherwise, you can only install NEW Bios Module OR OLD Bios Module, without me mucking with the Core Configurations. I am possibly gonna set up the Entire NEO-GEO Set to run via FBA 2012 NEO-GEO Variant (which supports NEW Bios, and is also a fairly small HMOD). So, there may end up being TWO NEO-GEO Sets. One for MAME 2003 (which runs a majority of NEO-GEO Games, just fine!, and One for FBA 2012 NEO-GEO (which has the NEO-GEO Games from 2001-2004 that do not run in 2003). This really is the best way to ensure it isn't too difficult to run with options:) So, if you wanted to run both Metal Slug 1 and 4, you would need to run both via FBA 2012 NEO-GEO, with NEW Master Bios HMOD. Or, have non-NEO-GEO Bios HMOD (if you wanted to still run other systems that require Bios), and copy OLD Bios into MAME 2003 (If you prefer running it ON Mame 2003) Version of Metal Slug's Directory, and NEW Bios into FBA 2012 NEO-GEO's Metal Slug 4's Directory. It seems slightly confusing. But, it really isn't all too complicated! Lastly, the Game Changer. N64 Games can "now" be saved. I modified the N64 Core + RetroArch to Support Saves. But, with this "Great" Power, comes "Great" Responsibility, in the way of needing to micromanage "Saves". Due to the nature of this change, I will post a video of what to expect with the "Changed" Core Sets I have made tomorrow, along with the Updated Set and its Doppelganger No-Save Variant Set! Thanks for your patience!

blogness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up some of those cheap "My Arcade" controllers with ABXY and 4 shoulder buttons. Is there a way to remap the buttons? The turbo function also doesn't seem to work. I searched the thread here and couldn't find anything useful. Is it only possible to remap buttons with retroarch and not with the default emulator?

Nysde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im having trouble making a custom skin. Ive edited nes.png, and put it in /var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sprites/nes.png. Then, i created a script called p8032_skin with the line: overmount /usr/share/clover-ui/resources/sprites/nes.png. Then, I put this script in: /etc/preinit.d. I rebooted my NES Mini and... the skin wasnt there. I also used the same method to change some text and the text showed up fine. Music mod worked like a charm aswell. I tried compiling this into a .hmod but it didnt work either. Please help!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/module-nes-mini-theme-customization-library-hmod-v1-0-beta.474723/

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by Nysde,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any post on this forum that bundles all available NESC Mods with links?
If there was I would have most likely found it. Ive searched the internet for 3 days straight and even then found very little mods for the nes classic. Youtube doesnt help since its mostly custom themes and 700+ or 600+ games on nes classic. If you want a particular mod, read this: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/Modifications-and-modules-guide and try make it yourself.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Massive Overhaul of HMOD Core Set! Includes Standard Versions, No Save Versions, MAME Bios + HMOD, MAME Samples +HMOD, NEO-GEO OLD & NEW Bios, in case you want to "Dual" 2003/FBA &/OR 2010/FBA2012, by copying into each Specific Game Directory. RetroArch HMOD Updated (Nestopia/FCEUMM/N64 Save Ability! Glupen64/Mupen64Plus also Updated to support Saves (Do not rely on Manual Save States/Srams are much more reliable, as you will see in my Video Link! Here are both links!

--MASSIVELY OVERHAULED BULK HMOD/CORE SET! (8-4-17)

https://ufile.io/4mqgl

--N64 Save States & Micro-Management, Plus FTP Overview!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Massive Overhaul of HMOD Core Set! Includes Standard Versions, No Save Versions, MAME Bios + HMOD, MAME Samples +HMOD, NEO-GEO OLD & NEW Bios, in case you want to "Dual" 2003/FBA &/OR 2010/FBA2012, by copying into each Specific Game Directory. RetroArch HMOD Updated (Nestopia/FCEUMM/N64 Save Ability! Glupen64/Mupen64Plus also Updated to support Saves (Do not rely on Manual Save States/Srams are much more reliable, as you will see in my Video Link! Here are both links!

https://ufile.io/it6o0

Awesome treasure trove, KMFD! Thanks for putting that together.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://ufile.io/it6o0

Could I just get the Glupen64 by it's self ? It now supports saves ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I just get the Glupen64 by it's self ? It now supports saves ?

You need to use the Standard Set Version of Glupen64 + RetroArch that I included, in conjunction with one another...for sram saves to work. I would also suggest backing up saves, if you plan on playing any particular game more religiously. I have done extensive testing, and have yet to lose a single sram save. But, manual saves, as in my video, are not to be taken seriously for N64. Srams work great, though:)

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the Standard Set Version of Glupen64 + RetroArch that I included, in conjunction with one another...for sram saves to work. I would also suggest backing up saves, if you plan on playing any particular game more religiously. I have done extensive testing, and have yet to lose a single sram save. But, manual saves, as in my video, are not to be taken seriously for N64. Srams work great, though:)
I have to change the version of retroarch I have ? Alright then....can I get just the new retroarch and the Glupen64 by themselves ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to change the version of retroarch I have ? Alright then....can I get just the new retroarch and the Glupen64 by themselves ?

You may want to grab the whole set, because of some of the other additions I have made, such as the No-Saves Set, etc. It pretty much covers all HMODS. The RetroArch also has updated Nestopia & FCEUMM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1