Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Pikapichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong area, but would it be possible and likely that Hakchi will be expanded to work with the upcoming Genesis Flashback as well? Per this video at about 36:18, they dissassemble the system and find that there’s a USB port on the board. The device is recognized as an Android device when plugged into a computer and the contents can be viewed. Note that this is the original batch of consoles sent out for review and they have since changed some things. Hopefully the hardware is still the same.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bombcast-492-plug-into-tv/2300-12417/

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tryed star trek the next generation,got corrupted graphics ingame,gona try now with retroarch.
working fine on retroarch.
Star Trek - The Next Generation: Future's Past works fine for me using the built-in emulator canoe. No graphic glitches at all. Maybe your rom is to blame? Try finding a different one.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Kumoashi,i took the rom from smokemonsters rompack,they are all no-intro.
it was when i must go to the first planet,on the enterprise,once i was beneath on the planet,no corrupted graphics.
i see some corruption on street racer to.

Last edited by fille,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In hakchi under the tools menu, make sure that that the ftp server is enabled. Use a ftp manager to log into 127.0.0.1 port 1021 username: root password: clover

Navigate to /usr/share/ui/snes-usa/resources/strings/usa_en/ or /usr/share/ui/snes-eur/resources/strings/xxx_xx/ , where xxx_xx is your language. Download the strings.lng file and modify "sys_copyright_games_HeadText": "hakchi scammed msg" to "sys_copyright_games_HeadText": "",

This erases his message from the IP Notice screen.
Thank you a lot!

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I apologize in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong area, but would it be possible and likely that Hakchi will be expanded to work with the upcoming Genesis Flashback as well? Per this video at about 36:18, they dissassemble the system and find that there’s a USB port on the board. The device is recognized as an Android device when plugged into a computer and the contents can be viewed. Note that this is the original batch of consoles sent out for review and they have since changed some things. Hopefully the hardware is still the same.

This SNES Mini and former NES Mini probably are out there so much, I don't see the Genesis Flashback get as many sales and users.

Question is: why would you really want it. One can emulate Genesis/Megadrive on SNES Mini through Retroarch. Don't get me wrong, I even was a Sega fanboy first back in the days above Nintendo so it would be great if Hakchi ran on it but probably a lot of extra work and for what exact reason especially as the larger group of users is on the (S)NES Mini (and incoming N64 Mini in 2018 ;-))

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own both, neither do anything for me as far as 'design'... I don't find either of them 'beautiful'...

Now this guy wasn't happy at all, LOL

His main complaint being that its US Boxes, and versions of games, and that most of the games never came over to Europe in the first place. he'd rather the UK version been designed around UK audience, with the original box art to fit the system properly.

Seriously ? Maybe beautiful is a strong word. So I will scratch that. Again, Super NES MINI EUROPE is better looking design than American version.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

Read any review on it. It's crap. Anything made by atgames is. Don't waste money on it at all.

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kumoashi,i took the rom from smokemonsters rompack,they are all no-intro.
it was when i must go to the first planet,on the enterprise,once i was beneath on the planet,no corrupted graphics.
i see some corruption on street racer to.
Well, I played the game to the end of the first mission. I even did the Romulan encounter after saving the doctor on the planet. I didn't get any glitches during any of that.
As far as I know, my rom is a verified good rom, which also means it has no intro. I would suggest that you get a tool to check your rom to see if it;s a good rom, and make sure your running the latest version of Hakchi2. There may have been a change to the way the game gets added that can fix any bugs that you get.

Pikapichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read any review on it. It's crap. Anything made by atgames is. Don't waste money on it at all.

I did. The embargo for the revised units was lifted today. The emulation doesn’t seem too bad at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This SNES Mini and former NES Mini probably are out there so much, I don't see the Genesis Flashback get as many sales and users.

Question is: why would you really want it. One can emulate Genesis/Megadrive on SNES Mini through Retroarch. Don't get me wrong, I even was a Sega fanboy first back in the days above Nintendo so it would be great if Hakchi ran on it but probably a lot of extra work and for what exact reason especially as the larger group of users is on the (S)NES Mini (and incoming N64 Mini in 2018 ;-))

The novelty of it appeals to me. I wouldn’t mind having one of these sitting next to my SNES and NES Classic. Too bad they couldn’t shrink it a bit further to have it more in scale with those two.

Dayardie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if asked before - if I am doing multiple SNES mini - whats the best way to reset for the next one as Hakchi caches last uploads? Also is kernel is specific for that SNES or should I back kernel or each SNES individualy (again would this be overwritten each time)

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: After you shoot it up